Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Post your "secret" exercises

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charles6787
    replied
    Mine is leg lifts to strengthen my legs. I came through the fact that leg strength is the most important part of many exercises and it helps a lot in improving the balance and flexibility.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• ergo
    replied
    A repetition is a unit of time, nothing more. You see 100 reps. I see 3 minutes of TUT on a target muscle. An increase in TUT on a target muscle is favorable towards growth. To complete a high repetition set, such as 100 repetitions, one must choose a resistance far lesser than, lets say 25 reps. This drastic reduction in resistance use to perform 100 reps would negate the full effect garnered towards hypertrophy from this increase in TUT. The two variables that matter in creating new muscle are the amount of resistance use and the percentage of tension captured per unit of time of a repetition directed on the target muscle. Finn is correct in questioning the legitimacy of value in performing 100 repetition sets.

Leave a comment:

• Donny
    replied
    Originally posted by Fella Finn

And maybe you should consider not being so sensitive.
    If you don't agree with what I said go ahead and point out where I was wrong. I'm not claiming to know everything and I am more than happy to learn more.
    Now, get over it already.
    ok it went over your head. I donīt know.... try to be nice

Leave a comment:

• Donny
    replied

He's known for acting like a troll so that's why I was a bit more straight when I replied, ie. not sugar coating things.
    That being said, let's move on already...
    yes..letīs move on and act like mature men.

Leave a comment:

• Donny
    replied
    And to be honest, when I see people making absurd and weird broscientific suggestions/claims like he did I just can't sit in silence and say nothing.
    OK but if you are a Mod on here you should have a bit more style. Some other sites there are morons but i would say this is a site with a higher respect for posters. I do not care who you are or if youīre a big bad ex pro please act like a mod and not a know it all. You can bring your point over without being a jerk. No disrespect to you or anyone just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Donny
    replied

I think it was a valid point, don't you think?
    no i just see you being negative on the thread. with the other poster "Triceps" too. if you donīt like or agree give a sensible comment not sarcastic shit.

Leave a comment:

• Donny
    replied

Which is kinda silly analogy because most of us are not constrained to doing only one exercise.
    i notice you seem to like playing the big boss .. wind your neck in

Leave a comment:

• Donny
    replied

Trust what? As if you can only do squats in one way?
    donīt know if itīs a secret exercise but if i could only do one exercise it would be plain old simple Barbell squats. Deadlifts maybe for some but i think you need to keep your "wheels" turning bro

Leave a comment:

• triceps
    replied
    I also wanna add, when doing squats, use I wide stance, trust me

Leave a comment:

• triceps
    replied

Well just constantly coming up with some new weird ideas doesn't always work either. And you didn't even explain what's so magical about your 300 rep sets, not to mention you didn't even explain what's the point of all that. How is that superior to 100 reps or 50 or 20?

Let me tell you, going to such extremes is completely unnecessary and pointless, unless you are training for a marathon.
    Whatever, just leave me alone.

Leave a comment:

• triceps
    replied
    I would go almost as far saying it's the people using ped's who'd benefit more from doing those kinds of weird things you suggested.
    Whatever, I was just trying to help, I don't appreciate you trying to contradict my every say, please don't talk to me anymore.

Leave a comment:

• triceps
    replied

Are you actually serious or just trolling?
    You seriously think it takes that much to "shock" (whatever that means) the muscle. You don't need to "shock" the muscles to make them grow...
    Well I'm just trying to share what i know, keep in mind that I'm a lifetime natty, and we natties, we don't have the help of steroids or prohormones or testosterone boosters, so we sometimes have to think outside the box and come out with creative ideas to stimulate growth

Leave a comment:

• triceps
    replied

So can you give me one good reason why anyone would do 300 rep sets? And why is that so much better than 30 reps or 100 or 150?
    And how the hell are you gonna track your progress doing that, not to talk about how to even keep making progress doing something like that. That's just ridiculous.

You'd benefit much more breaking all that junk volume down to multiple sets/workouts.
    The reason is to change things up and to ''shock'' the muscle to stimulate new growth

Leave a comment:

• triceps
    replied

I am not saying you shouldn't incorporate multiple rep ranges but at some point you just have to draw a line. And if you are doing 300 rep sets my question would be why would you do that? What's the benefit? I mean if you do a 300 rep sets how many of those reps are actually going to even be effective?
    Try it, I used to think just like you, but try it

Leave a comment:

• triceps
    replied

And what's ridiculous about it?
    I mean I don't believe in fixed rep ranges either and science also backs this up pretty well.
    I find it ridiculous that most people are stuck in that rep range, even I was stuck in that rep range for years, I'm not saying is a bad rep range but when you learn how many other bodybuilders made great gains experimenting wit other rep ranges, everything starts to make sense, even 300 reps is good, but that's my limit

Leave a comment:

Working...
X