Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Bodybuilding Cardio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodybuilding Cardio

There seems to be so many mixed messages of how bodybuilders should do cardio when preparing for contest. Bob Chicerillo wrote an article of long low intensity cardio as the best, some like 30-45min moderate intensity (60-70% HR), others go for the 20min HIIT, etc.etc. I'd like your input on what has worked best for you (cardio intensity, time of day, pre/post cardio nutrition) while trying to drop fat while holding onto your muscle. Thanks

You may want to buy a weight vest or put weights in a backpack and walk a couple of miles a few times a week or everyday. That is what I do, as I workout at home and have no treadmill and hate jogging.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by SEPHIROTH
      There seems to be so many mixed messages of how bodybuilders should do cardio when preparing for contest. Bob Chicerillo wrote an article of long low intensity cardio as the best, some like 30-45min moderate intensity (60-70% HR), others go for the 20min HIIT, etc.etc. I'd like your input on what has worked best for you (cardio intensity, time of day, pre/post cardio nutrition) while trying to drop fat while holding onto your muscle. Thanks
      Well, cardio for precontest is another animal all together. When doing cardio to preserve muscle you have a little more room for error. Precontest you have to be sure not to lose the fullness in your legs.

While I cutting up, I do a mixture of running/sprints and cycling... to periodize fat oxidation by increasing aerobic capacity (run/sprints) and general calorie burning (cycling)... as well as for simple training variation. But I am not in precontest prep so maximizing leg fullness is a far second to general fat loss for me...

I'd be interested in reading replies as to how to maintain leg fullness while cutting up for a contest...
      Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

Working...
      X