Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

How do you perform DB Hammer Curls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you perform DB Hammer Curls?

I just wanted to get a general consensus on how most of you guys perform Hammers.

and why?

Cross body, or to the side or both?

i know you guys love that pic..lol
    Cross Body
    36.84%
    To the side
    36.84%
    I'm smart and I alternate week to week
    26.32%

The poll is expired.

There are only 2 types of people in this world without beards : women and children.

Pretty much however I feel that week. I alternate, but it's not a set routine so if I end up doing them across the body for two weeks straight then so be it, but sometimes I won't do them at all and do heavy reverse curls, just depends on how I feel.
    At least i am not a animal RAPIST like your self, keep to the human's. -aarons

Comment

Originally posted by Toosmall21 View Post
      Pretty much however I feel that week. I alternate, but it's not a set routine so if I end up doing them across the body for two weeks straight then so be it, but sometimes I won't do them at all and do heavy reverse curls, just depends on how I feel.
      awesome..

so pretty much when you do them cross body, you're trying to target forearms as well?
      There are only 2 types of people in this world without beards : women and children.

Comment

I don't really ever "target" forearms, I just don't use straps on many lifts and try and lift heavy...
        At least i am not a animal RAPIST like your self, keep to the human's. -aarons

Comment

I do them straight up and down till i tire then i go cross body as that seems to allow me to get a few more reps. I gotta say hammer curls are about my favorite Biceps exercise.

Comment

Not cross body... I feel like my delts are doing more work than my biceps are if I do them that way.
            My Enhanced Journal.

Comment

Mainly cross body, will switch it up occassionaly though...
              “War is peace.
              Freedom is slavery.
              Ignorance is strength.”
              ― George Orwell

Comment

For ME, I don't feel anything in my biceps when I do them across the body. When I do them from the side is where I truly feel it. That said, it all depends on how you feel it most.
                NGA PRO BODYBUILDER
                Team P/RR/S Warrior

Comment

Any way i do it i feel it in my forarms and none in my bicep, is this improper form or week forarms?
                  No one gives it to you, you have to take it.

Comment

Across the body. Not sure why, just feels pretty good that way
                    Subscribe - http://youtube.com/blackwellmuscle
                    http://swoletra.com

Comment

I'm smart so i alternate.
                      your only as strong as your mind, so consider yourself weak.
                      Yep...cats before cunts like my grandma always used to say. - BBOY

Comment

Balls to the Wall Extreme...that's how. Also, while I'm doing lunges. Whatever leg is out front, I'll hammer curl the opposite arm.

Comment

i do like both, but i tend to cheat in my first bicep exercise so if im doing hammers first, ill go across body and cheat that little bit to shift the extra weight. hammers ftw

Comment

Neutral grip , rotating the dumb bell outwards at the top of the ROM
                            My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Cross-Body, great, great pump!
                              My Journal:

Comment

Working...
                              X