Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

First Prohormone Log - Dewman/Trenavar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dewman View Post
    Treed: Thank you for the advice, I am picking up a couple of bundles of bananas for some potassium, and I will get the non-flavored pedialyte for the electrolytes. Hopefully that will help. I cant take all the sugar in the Gatorade... even though I have a ton of the powder to make it. But I figure that is what you are talking about... the electrolytes, so I will get it the way babies do...lol Thank you for the advice! I will measure how much fluid I am taking in today... something dawned on me... The cramps a worst on the days I dont do protein shakes. Some days it just works out that I have a meal after my workout instead of a shake... so maybe that has something to do with it too.

Woodwise!!!!!! How the hell are you? I went over to the dark side here and am trying some orals. I have been trying so hard to get back at things but just keep getting injured... so i figured I would try this, and it is working out in that I seem to be able to work around and through any injuries I have gotten. How are things in your neck neighbor?
    ok well with that being said about the shakes, the more carbs you eat the more "pump" you can achieve and that "can" lead to cramps. maybe on the days you are drinking shakes post workout you are probably not eating whole carbs, which would mean less pump, glycogen, etc.. which would/could lead to less cramping.
    just a thought.

overall for cramps:
    couple grams of taurine
    potassium
    2 gallons of water
    electrolytes during/post workout

also just my opinion, i would be easy on orals. that being said i have taken plenty, but designer's and and otc orals are harsh man and you would be better off just doing test/tren/deca, etc......
    not really trying to tell you what to do, just saying in the long run it's healthier and safer. that's all.
    hope to you see you continue to post.
    i also have a log.
    The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten

Comment

oh yeah and on the banana's i would advise only getting a few at a time. you would be amazed at how fast those fuckers will rot, lol.
      i used to buy 10 or so at a time, but i only eat 1 a day and half would rot, the slightest touch will bruise them and then they are fucked.
      now i buy 4 at a time and i get all my veggies and fruit fresh, every 4 days.
      i don't have kids and actually enjoy grocery shopping so maybe that's not the best for everyone.

Comment

Dewman. Check your PM's bro.

Comment

Hey Wood! I have actually been reading your log believe it or not. I was reading before, I just hadnt said anything as of yet... there are a lot of pages to get through, and I wanted to get through them! I will reply to the PM today... we lost internet all day yesterday and could only check this on my phone... but being 41 and a dinosaur... phone replies are not for me...lol You look great brother!!!!

Treed, I actually will be doing trenazone in November... I would have no idea how to get anything other than oral at this point... living where I do, there isnt even a gym within 30-40 mins...lol I am in the woods of NH and my mail is delivered like in the movie "Funny Farm"...lol

Bananas.... I buy them about 10-12 at a time... I only eat 1 per day as well, and understand about them going bad so quickly... trick I use (as I am a foodie and that is 3/4 my issues with weight...lol) I cut them up into discs like mom used to to to corn flakes, then lay them flat in a ziplock and stack them in the freezer. I lay them flat so that they freeze quickly. When done, they will last about a month with no discoloration, but they actually taste like banana ice cream! The correct texture and everything! So it feeds my sweets/ice cream cravings all at once. I do eat them unfrozen until they start getting the brown spotting on the peel... then cut them up... you should try it... given what we are and are not allowed to eat... this feels like cheating it is damned good!...lol

I will check out your log!!!!!

Comment

good idea about the bananas man, i'm going to give that a try.
            i forget how much stuff you can freeze and it still be good.

Comment

New Hampshire and Delaware are 2 states that are often forgotten about.
              i have thought about moving to a place like that or vermont to just get away from it all and retire in the woods, ha ha.....but then i think about the cold and i say hell no

Comment

Originally posted by treed View Post
                New Hampshire and Delaware are 2 states that are often forgotten about.
                i have thought about moving to a place like that or vermont to just get away from it all and retire in the woods, ha ha.....but then i think about the cold and i say hell no
                I live in VT and love it here. But it is rather poor where I live and hard to make a living if you're not a farmer or logger. . . I have a house in the middle of the woods, and a camp that is even more in the woods, 30 miles from my house! I go to camp when I need a break from the stress of living at my house. Lol.

Comment

No doubt, I am on 20 acres, but it is deceiving... My house just looks like another small house in the woods, but when you pull up I have 2 big weeping willows on each side of the driveway that lead to 3 clear acres of field that have several brooks, a pond (with peepers), blueberry bushes and apple trees (small ones), and a nice 26x26 raised veggie garden... but the house is over 3,000sqf (does not look it from outside as it is a ranch) and tricked out will all kinds of tech stuff... including a working and stocked 1970's to early 90's arcade with pins, arcades & even one of those metal typers from the boardwalks...lol

You hardly ever hear traffic here, and we own (for the time being) two of the 3 bordering lots as well, so nobody can build on top of us... it left me with no retirement money... but hey...lol It will be too bad if we have to sell most of it and move to AZ next summer... uhg!

For the past two days (yesterday & day before) I have been so frikin hungry it is scarey. Two days ago I had to go to the grocery store, so I bought a pre cooked 5 lb chicken (with bones) took it home, stripped the skin (and tossed it) and through out the day I ate the whole thing, including some hot wings (homemade so not loaded with crap), some pork loin, 3 cups of black bean salad, half a watermelon a banana, 3 protein shakes and few other small things... some ham, and a slice of full fat white American cheese... who knows how many calories... so much food... & I still woke up hungry at 1 am even with a double casein shake. That was my off day...lol I lost 1.4lbs from the morning of, to the morning after... crazy

Yesterday... I ate every hour it seemed, but ended up eating 10 meals as well as 3 shakes. More chicken, ham, pork, watermelon, a banana, black bean salad... I was hungry twice, AFTER I had just finished a meal. I upped from 6oz of meat to 8-10 all day and was still starving at 1 am. I also ate just as much yesterday , if not more, than the day before. I only did arms yesterday and the Ab ripper X from P90X... I gained only .4 lbs back... within the margin of error I would say. I am already really hungry this am and I just ate less than an hour ago... so more chicken I guess... uhg!

So frikin hungry... my wife is horrified... she had to leave the house for a bit yesterday as seeing me eat all that meat the past couple of days was turning her stomach....lol She could not believe the volume, but more so... that I kept to my diet and just ate meat & veggies with some fruit earlier in the day. We are laughing about it now... but she stated she has to leave again if I start that shit up again. I cant believe how hungry I have been... and not gaining weight is so odd.

That all being said, I hit a new personal best for curls! I am not talking a one time lift, I am talking about a full workout weight! I am not a bodybuilder at 41, always been a very hard gainer, and at 5'7" and 185 running between 15-17% BF... I am not a huge guy... but this was awesome. I was actually a little nervous putting the weight on due to the elbow (like WW I have a bad case of tennis elbow)... but I got through it! I couldn't believe it! I needed 15 mins after my workout to start getting my arms to function again... but it was great! My arms are also measuring (1 weeks ago) a 1/4 inch bigger than ever before, not pumped. Doesnt sound like much... but these things represent the small edge I have been looking for at my age... I still cannot believe I hit a personal best at 41 after trying so hard for almost 3 years... and always pushing too hard and going down to injury and having to stop. so frustrating!

It is a sad amount of weight compared to what I see out here... but I am keeping track of my free weights, so i will post it all at the end.

That is my update... I need to go frigin eat... my stomach is getting impatient & yelling at me!

PS Woodwise, check your PMs!
                  Last edited by Dewman; September 1, 2012, 09:27 AM.

Comment

WTF?

OK, who switched Dew's tren with EQ?

Hell, if shipping wasn't so costly, I'd send over an OX!

Comment

when it comes to weight the actual numbers dont really matter, it's all relevant.
                      what i mean by that is:
                      it's all about the individual lifting "their" max amount of weight they can lift for quality sets. that's what grows muscle, lifting heavy weights tears the muscle then it repairs and becomes bigger. not everyone can lift crazy weights, a guy that can bench 550 for 8 reps has the same effect to his muscles as a guy that can only manage to get 225 for 8 reps. it's the same because the muscle for both men will tear the same. it's just about tearing the muscle then repairing it with food, supps, and rest. so dont worry about numbers man, they increase over time so long as every time you lift you do enough work to tear the muscle, and that happens by lifting weights that are heavy to the individual.
                      it's kind of like the chicken and egg thing, with size comes strength or with strength comes size??

when i started lifting i could not bench 95lbs for 8 reps, could not even squat 95lbs for 8 reps.
                      but over time with proper training strength and size come at the same time. but not training to your max constantly will get you nowhere, you have to tear the muscle in order for it to grow and the muscle has to grow in order to become stronger.

ramble, lol

Comment

saw that in your post you said you did p90x, is that all you do or do you have a gym that you go to?

Comment

Bud:

You logging your food and keeping track of macros? I have had numerous people who know this business tell me (and I am finding it true myself) that diet is more important than anything else. First, you need to be eating the right types of food (wholefood, no processed junk) mostly meat and veggies and complex carbs. Then you should train yourself to measure the components of what you are eating, and log that information into a food diary. Once you get good with doing that, you will learn what certain foods contain, and you will know what you can and cannot eat to meet your goals.

There is a whole system of calculating your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), then figuring what your diet should look like for bulking versus cutting. Let me know if you need any help. I have it all written up and could share it with you if you like.

Anyway, AAS without the right diet, is like dumping gasoline on the ground . . . just sayin'

Check your PM's.

I have 40 acres with my house, on both sides of a busy dirt road right next to my house and I have 10 acres with my camp. I love going for walks in the woods right out my door. If I walk out my door and cross the road, I can go for miles without hitting any roads. My house has a meandering stream next to it and my camp has a nice small pond and a rock cliff next to it. I really feel lucky to live in such a beautiful place!

Originally posted by Dewman View Post
                          No doubt, I am on 20 acres, but it is deceiving... My house just looks like another small house in the woods, but when you pull up I have 2 big weeping willows on each side of the driveway that lead to 3 clear acres of field that have several brooks, a pond (with peepers), blueberry bushes and apple trees (small ones), and a nice 26x26 raised veggie garden... but the house is over 3,000sqf (does not look it from outside as it is a ranch) and tricked out will all kinds of tech stuff... including a working and stocked 1970's to early 90's arcade with pins, arcades & even one of those metal typers from the boardwalks...lol

You hardly ever hear traffic here, and we own (for the time being) two of the 3 bordering lots as well, so nobody can build on top of us... it left me with no retirement money... but hey...lol It will be too bad if we have to sell most of it and move to AZ next summer... uhg!

For the past two days (yesterday & day before) I have been so frikin hungry it is scarey. Two days ago I had to go to the grocery store, so I bought a pre cooked 5 lb chicken (with bones) took it home, stripped the skin (and tossed it) and through out the day I ate the whole thing, including some hot wings (homemade so not loaded with crap), some pork loin, 3 cups of black bean salad, half a watermelon a banana, 3 protein shakes and few other small things... some ham, and a slice of full fat white American cheese... who knows how many calories... so much food... & I still woke up hungry at 1 am even with a double casein shake. That was my off day...lol I lost 1.4lbs from the morning of, to the morning after... crazy

Yesterday... I ate every hour it seemed, but ended up eating 10 meals as well as 3 shakes. More chicken, ham, pork, watermelon, a banana, black bean salad... I was hungry twice, AFTER I had just finished a meal. I upped from 6oz of meat to 8-10 all day and was still starving at 1 am. I also ate just as much yesterday , if not more, than the day before. I only did arms yesterday and the Ab ripper X from P90X... I gained only .4 lbs back... within the margin of error I would say. I am already really hungry this am and I just ate less than an hour ago... so more chicken I guess... uhg!

So frikin hungry... my wife is horrified... she had to leave the house for a bit yesterday as seeing me eat all that meat the past couple of days was turning her stomach....lol She could not believe the volume, but more so... that I kept to my diet and just ate meat & veggies with some fruit earlier in the day. We are laughing about it now... but she stated she has to leave again if I start that shit up again. I cant believe how hungry I have been... and not gaining weight is so odd.

That all being said, I hit a new personal best for curls! I am not talking a one time lift, I am talking about a full workout weight! I am not a bodybuilder at 41, always been a very hard gainer, and at 5'7" and 185 running between 15-17% BF... I am not a huge guy... but this was awesome. I was actually a little nervous putting the weight on due to the elbow (like WW I have a bad case of tennis elbow)... but I got through it! I couldn't believe it! I needed 15 mins after my workout to start getting my arms to function again... but it was great! My arms are also measuring (1 weeks ago) a 1/4 inch bigger than ever before, not pumped. Doesnt sound like much... but these things represent the small edge I have been looking for at my age... I still cannot believe I hit a personal best at 41 after trying so hard for almost 3 years... and always pushing too hard and going down to injury and having to stop. so frustrating!

It is a sad amount of weight compared to what I see out here... but I am keeping track of my free weights, so i will post it all at the end.

That is my update... I need to go frigin eat... my stomach is getting impatient & yelling at me!

PS Woodwise, check your PMs!
                          Last edited by woodswise; September 2, 2012, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Hey Rock!: It is crazy how hungry I am... I will do a food break down from the past 3 days... it is getting crazy... and way strange! BUT my body is starting to look so different it is crazy! (as always, thank you!)

Treed!: First, thank you... it is sometimes tough being in here with everyone lifting so much more than me... I sometimes worry that numbers are the big push. Rockoid had told me at the beginning of my run in a PM not to go crazy upping weight so that I, who is very injury prone, did not get injured at the top of my cycle. This was great advice. I spent the first two weeks watching videos on form, and trying to perfect mine with lighter weight. After week 3, I started to up my weights, if I started to lose form, I would step back down (even in the middle of sets) and make sure my form was better. I am capable of lifting more than I do in certain exercises, like Lat pull downs... but I lose form, So I try to pick a weight that is challenging, but allows me to keep form all the way through... even if I have to struggle to do so.

I cant go to a gym as there are not any around... but I have my own. When you go downstairs in my house, I have free weights, a Nautilus machine, punching bags, a ton of different bars... even my Total Gym and a treadmill... which were supposed to be for cardio, but I like doing the P90X Plyometrics for cardio... it remeinds me of being in the Army and the workouts we got there. I try to do the Ab things when I do legs, and the Plyo on days I am doing upper body. I do the P90X in the mornings... but only those two discs & the Stretch one on my off days... then I do my workout with weights in the evening... I have always been a "lift in the evening" kind of guy... not sure why, but I just cant "get up" for it in the am... I do much better later in the day!

Woodwise!: Tag your it on PMs...lol I have actually kept pretty good track of what I have been eating... which is amazing... for instance.
                            Yesterday:

6:30am - Banana & 4oz of chicken breast
                            8am - 2 cups of watermelon, 6oz of chicken (no skin, both light & dark.)
                            around 9am - 8 oz of lean pork loin

10:30 - 38 grams of protein whey (dose & a half) & some coconut water (half a serving - 35 cals)
                            between 11:30 & 12 - 2 cups black bean salad (homemade) Just raw veggies really, and 8 oz mixed chicken meat, not fat no skin.

1:30ish - 10 oz of pork loin
                            3pm - 8 oz Chicken breast
                            5pm - 40gram protein shake & 6 oz of beef roast, lean
                            7pm - 4 oz lean fat free ham, 4 oz chicken mixed dark/light meat
                            8:30pm - double sized (60 grams) Casein shake
                            midnight - (Uhg I hate this meal but wake up shaking from hunger) - 10oz Chicken & lean pork loin mixed. 1 slice of deli American cheese (I know, but I am craving cheese like crazy)... and last night (Bad I know) 1 cup watermelon.

That was my day yesterday... on top of which, I did Plyo & legs&calves... and I LOST 1 pound from yesterday morning to today...lol

Technically, I ate 11 times yesterday... and I could have had 2 more meals if I am being honest... but I just got tired of chewing...lol

I did have 4 cups of green tea (12 ounces each) without anything in it, and just over 130 ounces of water.

I would love to figure out what my diet needs to be and all of the macros as well as BMR... so any help would be great!

Saw your pics of your camp in your thread... going over now for that comment!...lol

Comment

Ok boys & girls... and those of you pre-op!

Today i set another personal record for a workout weight with my seated cable rows. I will tell this weight... 195lbs. As my workout weight doing 10 sets with 7-11 reps... I am enjoying that! I started at around 130lbs. 4-5 weeks ago.

I am having a problem with my Lat pull downs, in that I tried to up the weight today, and the pull down is lifting me off the bench and causing me to lose form... besides tying myself down... is there a method to doing bigger weights with this that I just do not know? I had to go back down as I was afraid even coming off the bench a couple of inches was going to kill my form. So I slowed the reps way down to add intensity.

I am still cramping up/having spasms a lot on back day... had a trap cramp up on me about an hour ago in the shower that took a count down from 25 backwards to stop... hurt like hell.

I only have about 15-16 days left, so I will just suffer through the cramping...

Here is a question... if I am doing this on Trenavar... does that mean I will do it on Trenazone spray as well? I already bought it... so I hope not, but something tells me I will be cramping up over Thanksgiving & Christmas...lol

I have a new order of supplies coming... I will post pictures when it gets here... but it is my next run... wont be doing it until late November... but I wanted to get it in before everything is banned (I am only half kidding... I am really just anxious)

Off to spend some time with the family!

Comment

My 2 cents on your diet: You are getting a sugar rush from the fruit, but not enough carbs to keep you from being on the verge of ketosis. Here is what I would do at a minimum: 1. eat less fruit; 2. Add 1/2 cup of rice or sweet potato with each meat meal; 3. Log your f0ood in a food journal (I use Fitday.com; others like Livestrong Lance Armstrong's site).

If you really want to nail this here is how to approach it: You should be getting 1.5-2g per day of protein per lb of lean bodyweight. So if you are at 15% BF and (for argument's sake) weigh 200lbs you have a LBM of about 177lbs. You should be consuming 260g to 360g protein per day. If you decide to shoot for 260g to begin with, that is 4Kcals per g or 1,040Kcals of your total diet.

If you calculate your BMR and maintenance diet to be (let's say for argument's sake) 2,500Kcals. For bulking you should go above that amount by about 500Kcals to begin with. So after subtracting your protein Kcals, that leaves about 1,960 Kcals. If we assume you will get at least 100g fat, unless you are extremely careful, you will use up 900 Kcals on that, leaving about 1,060Kcals. Carbs are 4Kcals per gram. So you will need to consume 265g of carbs for your bulking diet.

The above are not calculated numbers and may not work for a 200lb guy. I just made them up for argument's sake, so you can see this only a rough idea of how to manage your diet. Some pros might tell you to take in more protein, closer to 2g per lb LBM, and adjust the carbs accordingly.

For cutting, go 500Kcals below maintenance, keeping protein above 1.5g per lb LBM. If you want to do a keto diet, your carbs must be below 50g and probably should be below 30g per day. I recently did a keto diet and hated it, but lost a lot of fat. I am planning to do another in a few months. Once I get below 10% bf I'll skip keto in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I have a formula for calculating BMR, but you need to know your %BF.
                                Last edited by woodswise; September 2, 2012, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X