Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Blood Test Results for Superdrol Cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Test Results for Superdrol Cycle

I just finished a 30 day cycle of superdrol @ 30mg a day. I am 20 years old, it was my first anabolic cycle of any type, not necessarily the wisest decision of my life but oh well we live and learn. To specify Superdrol is: 2a, 17a di-methyl etiocholan 3-one, 17b-ol or that is what the bottle says at least. I used this cycle during a cutting phase with a low carb cycling diet and cardio ed. I got blood work done at week 3 of the cycle and here are the results just if anyone is curious. I'm only going to post up the categories that are important for the purpose of this entry....

Liver:
    AST 88-high, bad
    ALT 302- super high, BAD

Cholesterol: 255- bad
    Triglycerides: 110
    HDL: 13-bad
    LDL: 220-bad
    LDL/HDL ratio: 16.9- very bad

T3 uptake 48 H, normal would be 24-39 so my T3 uptake was high-good.

IGF-1: 125, On the Low end-not good

Testosterone serum: 39L very low
    Free Testosterone 1.6L very low

* superdrol is not testosterone nor does it convert to test, but the raised androgens suppress endogenous T production*

Blood cells were all normal

FSH: <1.0 very low, expected
    LH: .5 very low, expected
    Estradiol: <10
    SHBG <3 L

Thats about it. I just wanted to put this information up here for others to use for their own knowledge or curiosity. The cycle went very well. I am now on pct with clomid at 100mg a day since I was shut down pretty good. I made strength gains while loosing bodyfat, Overall I dropped 7 lbs in 30 days hardened up significantly and like I said increased weights on all lifts slightly, and that is with a caloric deficit!
    Up the dose, Lift the most!!!

Interesting.

Dbol messes up my cholesterol bad. Last time I did a cycle with dbol, my HDL was at a "4" after 4 weeks. My doctor was freaking out saying she had never seen anything like that in her life. I told her why it was all out of whack and she punched me in my arm. LOL.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your blood work. I wish more AAS users would do this.
      You should have them done again in 6-8 weeks.

Comment

yea i'm getting them done again in about 6 weeks after pct...

Comment

Originally posted by WingNut View Post
          yea i'm getting them done again in about 6 weeks after pct...
          You need to get your liver enzymes down, ASAP. Training hard while dieting will elevate them... the Superdol also obviously impacted them. Return to a normal diet, reduce your training volume and take a couple days rest. Some kind of liver support would be great right now, like Essential Forte (helped me cut my liver values by more than half). Are you taking any other medications that may have contributed to the high ALT/AST? I have to ask, do you drink a lot? Ever?

Cholesterol is fucked and your triglycerides are high. I have never seen gear impact my blood triglycerides all that much - but it does raise LDL and mess up the LDL-to-HDL ratio. Your high triglycerides can be treated by cleaning up your diet... by eating more wholesome foods and less processed stuff - no trips to any fast food outlets... start eating better, for your cardiovascular and liver health. Increase your intake of healthy fats - use olive oil on veggies, eat nuts like almonds, start supplementing every meal with at least 3 grams of Fish Oils. Get that HDL up, then LDL will fall and cleaning up your diet should help lower triglycerides...

Your gonads are suppressed (LH/FSH) and your body needs the signals to start producing T again... you need a standard PCT plan and possibly some ancillary drugs like Clomid to help you transition.

You are in a very vulnerable period right now... don't over train, don't under eat and do get some rest. The get more blood work done to judge HPTA recovery, liver and cholesterol health.

Thanks for posting this information! It would have been nice to see your blood chemistry before the cycle, but nonetheless, this is good information to be aware of...
          Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

more proof that pro hormones or over the counter hormone manipulators are far worse than prescription testosterone. it's great that you post this, but I would be on top of things with a medical professional from here on in until you return to normal.

Comment

Informative post, though obviously not the kind of results anyone wants to see. Obviously you were going through a cut, so mass gains were not your priority, but I'm curious how a 30 day run with lets say 30mg/daily of DBol would have impacted your lipid profile and liver enzymes. It would be interesting to see, so that way there's an actual documented case subject (even if its just in the land of these forums) who has subjected himself to a relatively new OTC drug versus a traditional drug that has been studied and available for decades. Who knows, maybe things would have been different. Or maybe orals just aren't well tolerated by your body!

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                You need to get your liver enzymes down, ASAP. Training hard while dieting will elevate them... the Superdol also obviously impacted them. Return to a normal diet, reduce your training volume and take a couple days rest. Some kind of liver support would be great right now, like Essential Forte (helped me cut my liver values by more than half). I was taking and still am taking Liv52 before during and after cycle. Are you taking any other medications that may have contributed to the high ALT/AST? I take lexapro. I have to ask, do you drink a lot? Ever? I don't drink at all.

Cholesterol is fucked and your triglycerides are high. I have never seen gear impact my blood triglycerides all that much - but it does raise LDL and mess up the LDL-to-HDL ratio. Your high triglycerides can be treated by cleaning up your diet... by eating more wholesome foods and less processed stuff - no trips to any fast food outlets... start eating better, for your cardiovascular and liver health. Increase your intake of healthy fats - use olive oil on veggies, eat nuts like almonds, start supplementing every meal with at least 3 grams of Fish Oils. Get that HDL up, then LDL will fall and cleaning up your diet should help lower triglycerides... I took the superdrol during a cut. My diet was super clean. Mostly chicken and rice, egg beaters, oatmeal, and 1 fish meal per day to keep some healthy fats in there. I also drizzle a little bit of macadamia nut oil or some omega3 dressing i found at the health food store on each meal. I take about 3-6 fish oil a day. I was also doing 45min of moderate intensity cardio a day!

Your gonads are suppressed (LH/FSH) and your body needs the signals to start producing T again... you need a standard PCT plan and possibly some ancillary drugs like Clomid to help you transition. I have started clomid 100mg a day, day 2 on that now. I was planning on doing clomid for 4 weeks, tapering the dose for the last week to 50mg a day.

You are in a very vulnerable period right now... don't over train, don't under eat and do get some rest. The get more blood work done to judge HPTA recovery, liver and cholesterol health.

Thanks for posting this information! It would have been nice to see your blood chemistry before the cycle, but nonetheless, this is good information to be aware of...
                Thanks for the response warrior! I appreciate your feedback.

Comment

Dayum... well, now I really do wonder what your blood chemistry was like before this cycle. Just keep eating clean, get your rest and don't over train... allow your body to recover and repair. I would suggest doubling your Liv52 intake or switching to Essential Forte. Multi vitamins/minerals do wonders too... vitamin C is a good one as well - I always take at least 2 grams a day, sometimes up to 4-8 grams.

The combination of the Superdrol with the anti depressants could be doing the one-two punch on your liver values.

From your Lexapro label: “Infrequent: decreased weight, hyperglycemia, thirst, bilirubin
                  increased, hepatic enzymes increased, gout, hypercholesterolemia.”
                  Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                    Dayum... well, now I really do wonder what your blood chemistry was like before this cycle. Just keep eating clean, get your rest and don't over train... allow your body to recover and repair. I would suggest doubling your Liv52 intake or switching to Essential Forte. Multi vitamins/minerals do wonders too... vitamin C is a good one as well - I always take at least 2 grams a day, sometimes up to 4-8 grams.

The combination of the Superdrol with the anti depressants could be doing the one-two punch on your liver values.

From your Lexapro label: “Infrequent: decreased weight, hyperglycemia, thirst, bilirubin
                    increased, hepatic enzymes increased, gout, hypercholesterolemia.”

Yeah I guess I never really thought about the Lexapro and looked into its effects in this aspect. Thanks for the feedback. Next time I get the blood work done (around 6 weeks) it will either be through my physician covered by insurance or through the same place I got it last time; but instead of being 361 bucks he said it will be 200 since I already got this first test done or something like that. Two hundred bucks for all those tests is a freakin steal! For anyone interested I got my blood work done by EMSI, through the Total Health and Rejuvenation based out of Florida. You can find their website online just google it or something. They do HRT and HGH therapy for older men if necessary as well.

Comment

Superdrol pretty much gave me the exact same bloodwork
                      www.ironbrendan.com

Comment

Christ.

Comment

Well it has been 2.5 days on clomid 100mg/day. I hadn't trained since Friday, just been resting and keeping calories around maintenance. Today I lifted chest and bi's and felt great. During the cycle my sex drive was 0, just dead. Today I am feeling more aggressive, like usual b4 cycle and my sex drive is up drastically, almost back to normal I would say. My strength was up in the gym but I limited myself to lifting only to failure, no drop sets, rp, etc. Although I feel great I know it is unwise to train too intensely during pct. This does seem like a speedy recovery though, I figured it would take at least a week or two to start feeling normal again (ie Libido and mood) but hey I'll take 3 days! Perhaps only being suppressed for 30 days on the cycle is very easy to recover from. During the cycle I definitely noticed that my mood and attitude wasn't quite normal. Judging by my observations of this mood change leads me to believe that whatever hormone is in Superdrol is not very androgenic but definitely anabolic as I did notice a fuller looking physique and possibly a little muscle growth even though I was in a caloric deficit. I did drop 7lbs in the 30 days and look much leaner. Just wanted to share some of these experiences and thoughts for anyone who is interested or contemplating taking Superdrol. Honestly, I would not recommend it. There are much better drugs and supplements out there with far less negative sides than Sdrol.

Comment

superdrol

the same superdrol tried to destory my life....liver so high ........sent money going to the doc every month ...becareful ......

Comment

Follow up blood work, not quite as comprehensive but insurance covered it so I am not complaining

Testosterone: 343, not so pleased with that. I will get more work done in a couple of months to see where I am at before I start my first real anabolic cycle of test E.

HDL: 34
                              LDL: 103
                              Total: 148

AST: 26
                              ALT: 42

So cholesterol improved drastically, went from a ratio of 16.9 to 3.02. Liver values are great. Testosterone is not very high but at least in the normal range. I hope that it continues to climb into the more mid to high end of normal. It would have been really good to have had pre cycle blood work done and I wish I would have but nothing I can do about that now.

Comment

Working...
                              X