Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Chemical Q & A with Sassy

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sassy69 View Post
    So if each vial is 4 iu - let's confirm first what you have - tiny bottles w/ a little cake of powder in the bottom? That means there is 4 iu of GH in each bottle that you need to reconstitute before using. It sounds like they came w/ their own sterile water, so you would use an insulin pin to draw the water from the water bottle and inject it slowly into the bottle w/ the powder. Don't shake it alot but you might need to tap the bottle to get all the powder to reconstitute.
    Yes, this is exactly what I got.

So you have 1 ml of water. 1 standard insulin pin has volume 1cc = 1 ml. So once reconstituted, the one bottle of GH is now 4 iu of reconstituted GH, in 1 ml of liquid. So 1 iu = 1/4 ml = 1/4 cc = 0.25 cc on the insulin pin.

You would use an insulin pin, then to draw out 1 iu or 0.25 cc of liquid for 1 iu, or 0.5 cc of liquid for 2 iu. And then inject that subcutaneously (e.g. a skinfold pinch of fat around your waist).
    Yes, thank you for clarifying it, I wasn't 100% sure. I was told that I should just keep it in the insulin syringe in the fridge and inject the amount I need daily from the same syringe.

YOu could inject 1-2 iu each day, or many people do 5 days on /2 off to make it last longer. (There's no 'health' reason to do it that way, just cost-driven.) Some people also inject every other day - some find it helps reduce water retention if they do experience it. But note that they use 2x the dose every other day vs the same dose every day.

Hope that helps!
    Yes it did, many thanks for this. I have been told to use it only on days when I train. So that would be MOnday - Friday, and off the weekends. I know other people in my gym who do it 2-3x a week but regardless whether they're training on that particular day or not. Not sure if it makes any difference?

If I start with 1IU/day will there be any signs that I should notice to increase the dosage? How do you know that 1IU is enough or you need to increase it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamaram View Post
      Yes, this is exactly what I got.

Yes, thank you for clarifying it, I wasn't 100% sure. I was told that I should just keep it in the insulin syringe in the fridge and inject the amount I need daily from the same syringe.

Yes it did, many thanks for this. I have been told to use it only on days when I train. So that would be MOnday - Friday, and off the weekends. I know other people in my gym who do it 2-3x a week but regardless whether they're training on that particular day or not. Not sure if it makes any difference?

If I start with 1IU/day will there be any signs that I should notice to increase the dosage? How do you know that 1IU is enough or you need to increase it?
      I've never really seen any published research on "when" or "how often" to use GH. I look at it this way - you're supplementing your natural GH levels. Consistency seems important. The training thing seems weird to me - I train nearly every day at the same level of intensity and have for years, so its more of what my body considers 'the norm'. So there's actually nothing particularly special about those days that taxes my body more than any other day. This is just my own thought....

You don't really know "how much" -- You don't really increase the dose like you might if you were experimenting w/ clen or something. Generally because of the cost, and looking at the fact that gh over longer period of time is better than more for short period of time, keep the dose consistent and at a level that is sufficient - it doesn't need to be "more".

Generally if you start to bloat up or get bad "carpal tunnel"-like pain, then you're at your upper limit of sensitivity - but that's usually going to happen more at doses like 4-6 iu. YOu can play w/ that if you want to find how you react at higher doses, but generally there's no real need for it. It more has to do what amount you have available. 1-2 iu is sufficient for women, generally speaking.

Comment

I've never really seen any published research on "when" or "how often" to use GH. I look at it this way - you're supplementing your natural GH levels. Consistency seems important. The training thing seems weird to me - I train nearly every day at the same level of intensity and have for years, so its more of what my body considers 'the norm'. So there's actually nothing particularly special about those days that taxes my body more than any other day. This is just my own thought....

You don't really know "how much" -- You don't really increase the dose like you might if you were experimenting w/ clen or something. Generally because of the cost, and looking at the fact that gh over longer period of time is better than more for short period of time, keep the dose consistent and at a level that is sufficient - it doesn't need to be "more".

Generally if you start to bloat up or get bad "carpal tunnel"-like pain, then you're at your upper limit of sensitivity - but that's usually going to happen more at doses like 4-6 iu. YOu can play w/ that if you want to find how you react at higher doses, but generally there's no real need for it. It more has to do what amount you have available. 1-2 iu is sufficient for women, generally speaking.
        Thanks a lot Sassy. Your help is much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamaram View Post
          Thanks a lot Sassy. Your help is much appreciated.
          Good luck w/ your cycle ! Let us know how it goes. GH by itself is not dramatic in its physical effects -- its very subtle but its nice.

Comment

• Hey Sassy got a question and need some advice from ya I have decided I would like to work more on women's bodybuilding instead of womens' figure my husband seems to think by the time I am done with the training and get the weight where it's got to be I will be to muscular for figure. I'm 36 years old and have mainly just started to devote my time and energy do you think I even have a chance of doing this at my age I've been told I was to old I don't think so but was wondering what you thought. Thanks in advance for your help.
            I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.~Marilyn Monroe

Comment

• Originally posted by playmate View Post
              Hey Sassy got a question and need some advice from ya I have decided I would like to work more on women's bodybuilding instead of womens' figure my husband seems to think by the time I am done with the training and get the weight where it's got to be I will be to muscular for figure. I'm 36 years old and have mainly just started to devote my time and energy do you think I even have a chance of doing this at my age I've been told I was to old I don't think so but was wondering what you thought. Thanks in advance for your help.
              First of all, to be honest, until you diet down you can't say how much muscle you have. You simply can't know until you strip off the bodyfat and see what you have to work with. So don't set yourself up as one or the other before you've ever tried either.

Second, I didn't do my first show until I was 35. I'd also like to point you to the Masters Nationals ladies who competed today. These are all 35+ women, up to 55+. Dee Lazard is > 60. The beautiful thing about bodybuilding is that you get better with age. 20 yr olds CANNOT have muscle maturity like a 40 yr old can. So don't discount yourself just because you think there's a limit. Another beautiful thing about it is that if you pursue it, you can stop at any point and still "win". IF you do nothing because someone told you you'll never get a pro card, then you lose. There are MANY shades of "win" between the first weight you lift and a pro card. Many of the women who compete have done so for years before getting a pro card, or may never get a pro card. But they continue the pursuit out of passion. IMO if you do it for any other reason, you don't belong in the sport. Its a journey, not a destination.

Hope that helps

And my personal mantra is that if anyone tells me I can't do something, I tell them to go fuck themselves.

Comment

Hey Sassy got a question and need some advice from ya I have decided I would like to work more on women's bodybuilding instead of womens' figure my husband seems to think by the time I am done with the training and get the weight where it's got to be I will be to muscular for figure. I'm 36 years old and have mainly just started to devote my time and energy do you think I even have a chance of doing this at my age I've been told I was to old I don't think so but was wondering what you thought. Thanks in advance for your help.
                I didn't even start working out til i was almost 33 and i weighed 180 at 5'1" when i first started first 5 years was weight loss
                My first competition in was 38

At 45 I just won the overall at Jr Nationals
                iForce Nutrition Athlete
                iTrain iCompete iDominate iForce

Comment

• Originally posted by FitSuzanne View Post
                  I didn't even start working out til i was almost 33 and i weighed 180 at 5'1" when i first started first 5 years was weight loss

There you have it! Living proof!

Comment

First of all, to be honest, until you diet down you can't say how much muscle you have. You simply can't know until you strip off the bodyfat and see what you have to work with. So don't set yourself up as one or the other before you've ever tried either.

Second, I didn't do my first show until I was 35. I'd also like to point you to the Masters Nationals ladies who competed today. These are all 35+ women, up to 55+. Dee Lazard is > 60. The beautiful thing about bodybuilding is that you get better with age. 20 yr olds CANNOT have muscle maturity like a 40 yr old can. So don't discount yourself just because you think there's a limit. Another beautiful thing about it is that if you pursue it, you can stop at any point and still "win". IF you do nothing because someone told you you'll never get a pro card, then you lose. There are MANY shades of "win" between the first weight you lift and a pro card. Many of the women who compete have done so for years before getting a pro card, or may never get a pro card. But they continue the pursuit out of passion. IMO if you do it for any other reason, you don't belong in the sport. Its a journey, not a destination.

Hope that helps

And my personal mantra is that if anyone tells me I can't do something, I tell them to go fuck themselves.
                    I appprectiate the help on that your right about alot of things regarding it's hard to see the muscle until getting the fat off and unfortunatly I've got alot of that lol...I would love to do this but got to get my thoughts and hopes within perspective and be realistic about my results. I am glad to hear that no matter my age I can pull it together and I can do this I was a little worried that I was starting way to late and I had no hopes of going anywhere I want to better myself for me and make my life more fulfilling I know I can do it i guess I just needed to hear that I could.

Originally posted by FitSuzanne View Post

Wow!!!! Suzanne that is so AWESOME!!!! How did you begin?? How did you stay focused?? That seems to be some of my problem when I am in the gym I feel good but there are many days I'm like it's no big deal if I don't go today, it's ok if I eat what I want this weekend, all the normal excuses I feel like I can do anything I set my mind to but I need to know that I can and it helps to know that no matter my age or my condition right now that I can accomplish what I set my mind to thank you so much for sharing your story with me I apprecitate it so much it's really very motivating!!!!
                    I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.~Marilyn Monroe

Comment

• Its one thing to get way ahead of yourself worrying about whether or not you will get a pro card, but start w/ yourself. For many people, the important goal is "Produce the best body of my life" and "Try getting on stage". For me, honestly, doing the show prep was nothing compared to getting on stage and doing my posing routine. I consider my first show one of the major turning points in my life, because I learned how to produce the results I wanted from my body (i.e. not try dieting for a while & give up because "its not working") and overcoming my stage fright. These two have been liberating to the point that I no longer have guilt or self-hate when I don't like my body and there's very little I am scared of anymore.

Competition means you have to dig down deep and push yourself past anything you ever imagined doing before or having to do before. Has very little to do w/ how heavy you lift in the gym, but more to do w/ how good you are at being consistent over a long time, keeping an even keel so you can keep your cortisol levels down and avoid injury, get good quality sleep and fuel / exercise your body so you can see it do what it does best. There are no excuses in competition prep because there are no short cuts. You get back everything you put in. It is as simple as you either do it or don't bother. It takes a special person to do this, but as you can tell from stories like Suzanne, my friend *Bunny* (cancer survivor, national level Figure competitor) and many others, anyone has the ability to do it. The question is, do you have the passion, patience and fortitude to do it?

But also it is a matter of degrees. If you pursue and it just isnt' the right time in your life to commit the time (i.e. family responsibilitis, work, school, whatever) then you never lose for your efforts. There's always another show, and every time you go after it you will learn more & improve yourself. The only way you lose is if you do nothing.

Comment

Its one thing to get way ahead of yourself worrying about whether or not you will get a pro card, but start w/ yourself. For many people, the important goal is "Produce the best body of my life" and "Try getting on stage". For me, honestly, doing the show prep was nothing compared to getting on stage and doing my posing routine. I consider my first show one of the major turning points in my life, because I learned how to produce the results I wanted from my body (i.e. not try dieting for a while & give up because "its not working") and overcoming my stage fright. These two have been liberating to the point that I no longer have guilt or self-hate when I don't like my body and there's very little I am scared of anymore.

Competition means you have to dig down deep and push yourself past anything you ever imagined doing before or having to do before. Has very little to do w/ how heavy you lift in the gym, but more to do w/ how good you are at being consistent over a long time, keeping an even keel so you can keep your cortisol levels down and avoid injury, get good quality sleep and fuel / exercise your body so you can see it do what it does best. There are no excuses in competition prep because there are no short cuts. You get back everything you put in. It is as simple as you either do it or don't bother. It takes a special person to do this, but as you can tell from stories like Suzanne, my friend *Bunny* (cancer survivor, national level Figure competitor) and many others, anyone has the ability to do it. The question is, do you have the passion, patience and fortitude to do it?

But also it is a matter of degrees. If you pursue and it just isnt' the right time in your life to commit the time (i.e. family responsibilitis, work, school, whatever) then you never lose for your efforts. There's always another show, and every time you go after it you will learn more & improve yourself. The only way you lose is if you do nothing.
                        You know your right maybe I am not looking at it from the right point of view maybe I'm jumping the gun a little I've got to get my prospectives in order first I guess deal with the weight issue then work on the other but can you work on both at the same time or is that a bad idea?? I'm afraid if I don't set goals for myself that I won't shoot for something special I guess I need to realize that if it's not competing or being in shows that it's ok if I train to be a healthier me and a more fit me. I want so bad to set high standards for myself am I asking to much??? Your also right about committing to the time and efforts of the working out and dieting sometimes that's easier said than done but sometimes it's just me and my crazy excuses for not going to the gym or dieting the way I should be. I know I have to be real and understand that this isn't the life for everybody but I want to be different I want to make myself see achiveable goals!!!

Comment

You know your right maybe I am not looking at it from the right point of view maybe I'm jumping the gun a little I've got to get my prospectives in order first I guess deal with the weight issue then work on the other but can you work on both at the same time or is that a bad idea?? I'm afraid if I don't set goals for myself that I won't shoot for something special I guess I need to realize that if it's not competing or being in shows that it's ok if I train to be a healthier me and a more fit me. I want so bad to set high standards for myself am I asking to much??? Your also right about committing to the time and efforts of the working out and dieting sometimes that's easier said than done but sometimes it's just me and my crazy excuses for not going to the gym or dieting the way I should be. I know I have to be real and understand that this isn't the life for everybody but I want to be different I want to make myself see achiveable goals!!!

If you want to pick a target show, then start w/ that. I don't know where you're starting from right now, but I'd make it a show next yr. In fact if you can, go attend that target show this yr if it hasn't already happened, so you can see what's going on. Then lay out your prep schedule from here until then. The basic prep is 12-16 weeks, ending at your target date, but you want to be w/in 20 lb of your target weight and best, no more than 8-10% bf from your target, keeping in mind for figure you need to be somewhere around 10% and BB, somewhere around 8%. So counting back 4 months from your target show date, you know where you need to be going in. From there what do you need to do to get from where you are now to that 16 week out starting point?

But also keep in mind that even tho you aren't on a 4 months out schedule, you need to stay committed to the goal. The hitch w/ competition is that you spend most of your year prepping and only 2-3 min on stage when you show day shows up. So if you're gonna do it, get to it. Be realistic in your goals so that you don't set yourself up for failure from the beginning. Competition prep is about slow and steady progress towards your goal. Not dramatic weight loss on a short schedule. That's just a recipe for rebound.

As you get closer you can decide if you want to do figure or BB and start to include the appropriate posing in your prep and start a list of all the stuff you'll need for that particular category.

Comment

If you want to pick a target show, then start w/ that. I don't know where you're starting from right now, but I'd make it a show next yr. In fact if you can, go attend that target show this yr if it hasn't already happened, so you can see what's going on. Then lay out your prep schedule from here until then. The basic prep is 12-16 weeks, ending at your target date, but you want to be w/in 20 lb of your target weight and best, no more than 8-10% bf from your target, keeping in mind for figure you need to be somewhere around 10% and BB, somewhere around 8%. So counting back 4 months from your target show date, you know where you need to be going in. From there what do you need to do to get from where you are now to that 16 week out starting point?

But also keep in mind that even tho you aren't on a 4 months out schedule, you need to stay committed to the goal. The hitch w/ competition is that you spend most of your year prepping and only 2-3 min on stage when you show day shows up. So if you're gonna do it, get to it. Be realistic in your goals so that you don't set yourself up for failure from the beginning. Competition prep is about slow and steady progress towards your goal. Not dramatic weight loss on a short schedule. That's just a recipe for rebound.

As you get closer you can decide if you want to do figure or BB and start to include the appropriate posing in your prep and start a list of all the stuff you'll need for that particular category.
                            Girl I"m embarassed to tell you where I'm at now nowhere near where I should be we live in Tenn. and the closest show around here have already taken place this year. I'm not sure if I will be ready for next year but it does give me something to work for i would love to be ready by next june that's when the show is but first work on weight loss that's a big issue right now more than anything else. Do you work with people to get them started??

Comment

I appprectiate the help on that your right about alot of things regarding it's hard to see the muscle until getting the fat off and unfortunatly I've got alot of that lol...I would love to do this but got to get my thoughts and hopes within perspective and be realistic about my results. I am glad to hear that no matter my age I can pull it together and I can do this I was a little worried that I was starting way to late and I had no hopes of going anywhere I want to better myself for me and make my life more fulfilling I know I can do it i guess I just needed to hear that I could.

Wow!!!! Suzanne that is so AWESOME!!!! How did you begin?? How did you stay focused?? That seems to be some of my problem when I am in the gym I feel good but there are many days I'm like it's no big deal if I don't go today, it's ok if I eat what I want this weekend, all the normal excuses I feel like I can do anything I set my mind to but I need to know that I can and it helps to know that no matter my age or my condition right now that I can accomplish what I set my mind to thank you so much for sharing your story with me I apprecitate it so much it's really very motivating!!!!
                              I began extremely overweight spent 5 + yrs to lose it

once i lost the weight people started asking if i compete so i gave it a try my first bb comp was 2002 lots of forks in the path, did figure for 2 years cu i didn't want to be big (fat mentality) went back to bbing in 2007 so it wasn't till after that that i TRIED to add size (before i just lifting to look tight)

I never competing with the the thought i could win and over all or a por card, i dint' think i had the right structure for it. i competed becaseu i loved it!

I was shocked how i loooked at jr ants this year and now i am being told i have what it takes to get my pro card

I stick to my training because i love
                              i stick to my nutrition bacuse i never want to be fat again but i have HUGE cheats on weekends

set smaller goals
                              when i lost weight my goal was 1 clothing size smaller then when i reached that 1 more size i NEVER looked at trying to get to my fianl weight that goal was too far off in the future
                              iForce Nutrition Athlete
                              iTrain iCompete iDominate iForce

Comment

• Originally posted by FitSuzanne View Post
                                I began extremely overweight spent 5 + yrs to lose it

once i lost the weight people started asking if i compete so i gave it a try my first bb comp was 2002 lots of forks in the path, did figure for 2 years cu i didn't want to be big (fat mentality) went back to bbing in 2007 so it wasn't till after that that i TRIED to add size (before i just lifting to look tight)

I never competing with the the thought i could win and over all or a por card, i dint' think i had the right structure for it. i competed becaseu i loved it!

I was shocked how i loooked at jr ants this year and now i am being told i have what it takes to get my pro card

I stick to my training because i love
                                i stick to my nutrition bacuse i never want to be fat again but i have HUGE cheats on weekends

set smaller goals
                                when i lost weight my goal was 1 clothing size smaller then when i reached that 1 more size i NEVER looked at trying to get to my fianl weight that goal was too far off in the future
                                Thanks for sharing your old picture with me Suzanne I apprecitate that when I read about people who have come from where I'm at it makes my goals seem more realistic. I am 5'4" and I weigh about (and I'm so embarassed to put that in here) right at 200 way more than what I should I had lost 66Lbs since last year and have gained alot of it back that has depressed me so much and made me feel I will never get it off and keep it off. I've always been semi average on size never really overeight until I had my second child and then it was like I need to eat and the weight just piled on and stayed there. I get so depressed that I just want to give up and say it's not possible but I know it's very possible got to get the food under control I know it's ok to enjoy what you eat but it's got to have it's limits.

How do you start?? Where do I begin?? Getting started seems to be the hardest part I do have a journal over in women's trainng journals called "Bridget's journey" by the way that's my name. I apprectiate any help you can give me it helps to hear from people who know what I need to do and what I got to do??

Comment

Working...
                                X