Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Chemical Q & A with Sassy

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by playmate View Post
    Girl I"m embarassed to tell you where I'm at now nowhere near where I should be we live in Tenn. and the closest show around here have already taken place this year. I'm not sure if I will be ready for next year but it does give me something to work for i would love to be ready by next june that's when the show is but first work on weight loss that's a big issue right now more than anything else. Do you work with people to get them started??
    Hey girl - I usually point people to Bill Philips' BODY FOR LIFE book as an intro to the whole diet/nutrition/metabolism/training thing. I think its a very readable book that gets to the point & explains the how & the why. It also gives guidelines vs a strict meal plan so you can adapt it to your lifestyle. And key word is LIFESTYLE. Its not a DIET or DIE w/ a T, its how you live your life. Your body can only reflect how you treat it in your everyday life.

I'd also tell you to work w/ the resources here on MD to get started and also for support. Adina is obviously an excellent source if info & support. You've already got a journal started so that will help you stay accountable and track what you're doing. You do need to be patient to get it started. It generally takes 3 weeks for a "habit" to get established and also for consistent (and honestly consistent) change in your diet to start showing itself. You can't get frustrated w/ it and decide you already failed because you didnt' last a week w/ it. Look at the food plan that the BODY FOR LIFE book has, adapt it to what / how you like to eat. If you like to cook, I think there's a recipe thread somewhere on the Diet board. You can also look at the South Beach Diet Cookbook - excellent recipes and nothing that makes you think you're eating cardboard or "suffering". But you gotta start somewhere and stick to it to give it a chance to work.

Comment

• totally agree with sassy weightloss should not be anything like a contest prep diet with such limited food etc

Body for Life excellent book and so super easy to follow

I have a Q & A thread in this section if you want to talk more
      iForce Nutrition Athlete
      iTrain iCompete iDominate iForce

Comment

• Originally posted by Sassy69 View Post
        Hey girl - I usually point people to Bill Philips' BODY FOR LIFE book as an intro to the whole diet/nutrition/metabolism/training thing. I think its a very readable book that gets to the point & explains the how & the why. It also gives guidelines vs a strict meal plan so you can adapt it to your lifestyle. And key word is LIFESTYLE. Its not a DIET or DIE w/ a T, its how you live your life. Your body can only reflect how you treat it in your everyday life.

I'd also tell you to work w/ the resources here on MD to get started and also for support. Adina is obviously an excellent source if info & support. You've already got a journal started so that will help you stay accountable and track what you're doing. You do need to be patient to get it started. It generally takes 3 weeks for a "habit" to get established and also for consistent (and honestly consistent) change in your diet to start showing itself. You can't get frustrated w/ it and decide you already failed because you didnt' last a week w/ it. Look at the food plan that the BODY FOR LIFE book has, adapt it to what / how you like to eat. If you like to cook, I think there's a recipe thread somewhere on the Diet board. You can also look at the South Beach Diet Cookbook - excellent recipes and nothing that makes you think you're eating cardboard or "suffering". But you gotta start somewhere and stick to it to give it a chance to work.
        Thanks Sassy I will check with my local books a million to see if they have the book I am gonna have to have alot of help to get this started I think once I'm in the program I will be ok but like you said getting started is the part that's gonna take devotion. I have the books written by Tosca Reno I have 2 of them are they good to follow?? I think that's the hardest problem I have feeling like I'm gippin myself of foods that I thourghly enjoy I know that you can enjoy them but eat them in a more healthy manner.

Originally posted by FitSuzanne View Post
        totally agree with sassy weightloss should not be anything like a contest prep diet with such limited food etc

Body for Life excellent book and so super easy to follow

I have a Q & A thread in this section if you want to talk more
        I'm gonna check into the books Sassy recommended. I am gonna have to have help to get this going I want to do this so bad but I got to start somewhere and the weightloss is the biggest problem I have right now I think the rest of it will come if I can get some of this bodyfat off.
        I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.~Marilyn Monroe

Comment

• Hi.. i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about insulin and if you have to take it to get full muscles? Or if that just comes from years of training?

Comment

• Originally posted by krisean View Post
            Hi.. i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about insulin and if you have to take it to get full muscles? Or if that just comes from years of training?
            What do you mean by 'full muscles'? You spend years eating & lifting to build muscle, but you can create more fullness w/ a carb-up.

Insulin is a little trickier to play with and certainly not to be used just for "full muscles".

Comment

• At 21 years old, after two years of hard, intelligent, natural bodybuilding, my significant other decided she wanted to start using ASS. I did not encourage her, I provided lots of information about side effects, I directed her here, specifically to this thread, and I encouraged her to educate herself as much as possible.

Unfortunately, mainly because she knows how much research I do myself, and how much knowledge I already have in biochemistry, she largely relies on me for information. After a lot of research here (thanks for all the great info Sassy!), I recommended she start on 5mg of Var ED. She did very well at this dose, and after about 4 weeks increased to 7.5mg ED, and a few weeks later to 10mg ED. This was a 12 week cycle total. She made excellent gains and had almost no noticeable side effects (slightly worse acne than she was already dealing with before she started ASS).

About her goals: she just wants to grow, her next comp won’t be for 1-2 years, but with minimal side effects. She is ok with the sides, she just wants to minimize them. She has no illusions about the fact that getting to “pro bodybuilder” size will bring some sides. Her goal is to someday compete at the professional level.

Her second cycle was 100mg Primo E5D. This was a 16 week cycle. She did extremely well on the Primo, gaining 15-20 lbs of lean mass. The only sides were increased acne, Nizoral and B5 helped greatly (thanks again Sassy).

Currently we are debating what her next cycle should be. She feels like she has “maxed out” on 100mg E5D of Primo and wants to try something stronger, either something different or Primo at a higher dose. Considering her long term goals, what recommendations do you have? She has been considering trying Deca or EQ, this would be a big step, maybe she isn’t ready for it yet.

Some of the options we talk about are:
              150mg Primo E5D
              75mg Primo E5D, 50mg Deca E5D
              100mg Deca EW
              50mg Primo E5D, 50mg Deca E5D, 10mg Var ED

Any info would be much appreciated, I wish I could get her on here herself to ask this but it isn’t going to happen…

PS her diet is dialed in pretty perfect.

Comment

• Thanks, for your reply. I was told by someone with more experience than me that you had to take insulin to get full muscles. So what is insulin good for in women?

Comment

• I just completed my second cycle of anavar and I am really happy with it. My only concern is that by the end of my 8 week cycle I feel great and don't want to stop. My question would be if I am running my cycle for 8 weeks is it necessary to cycle off for a full 8 weeks? Could I just do 4? I feel by the end of my time off I am starting back from square one.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks

Comment

• I just completed my second cycle of anavar and I am really happy with it. My only concern is that by the end of my 8 week cycle I feel great and don't want to stop. My question would be if I am running my cycle for 8 weeks is it necessary to cycle off for a full 8 weeks? Could I just do 4? I feel by the end of my time off I am starting back from square one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ice Cream Baby View Post
                      I just completed my second cycle of anavar and I am really happy with it. My only concern is that by the end of my 8 week cycle I feel great and don't want to stop. My question would be if I am running my cycle for 8 weeks is it necessary to cycle off for a full 8 weeks? Could I just do 4? I feel by the end of my time off I am starting back from square one.

The key to maintaining your gains on any cycle is to remain consistent in your training and keep your diet in check. Afterall, the cycle is simply an aid and you will only reap the most out of it if all other factors are in place.

Granted anavar does not result in any significant gains that would require extreme diligence with ones diet etc. But, It is enough for some women to see a significant change in their physique regardless of its mild anabolic component. However, considering the alpha-alkylated nature of the steroid and its potential for hepatotoxicity, it is preferable to adhere to the time on=time off cycling principle, just to err on the side of caution.

The thought process of "feeling too good and not wanting to stop" should give you even more reason to come off, as that thought process can very easily lead to self destructive behavior which could potentially lead to a lifetime of consequences, even with a compound as mild as Oxandrolone. The truth is, it is relatively safe to run var for 6 months at a dose of 10mg/day, with no noticeable or unmanageable side effects for most. Provided you take the necessary precautionary measures by running it In conjunction with adequate liver support, like Liv 52, cranberry extract, Milk thistle, you should have little to no issues by extending your time on, granted you psyche yourself for the extended off time that follows.

SS
                      Death by Snoo Snoo!

Comment

• Originally posted by krisean View Post
                        Thanks, for your reply. I was told by someone with more experience than me that you had to take insulin to get full muscles. So what is insulin good for in women?

The health hazards associated with insulin use are certainly not worth the risks involved. Most people end up insulin dependent for the rest of their lives, not to mention most don't even know how to run insulin effectively without ending up a fatter version of themselves, with a lot of the weight concentrated in the abdominal area.

Some competitive bodybuilders will use insulin during a carb up to help shuttle the glycogen into the muscle.

Insulin can kill you if you don't know what you are doing. So I would stay clear.

SS
                        Death by Snoo Snoo!

Comment

• Thanks for stepping up, SisterSteel. I am CLUELESS to help in this area, but didn't want to see this tread die.

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                            Thanks for stepping up, SisterSteel. I am CLUELESS to help in this area, but didn't want to see this tread die.

I would be more than happy to help you keep it going.
                            Death by Snoo Snoo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaladryn View Post
                              At 21 years old, after two years of hard, intelligent, natural bodybuilding, my significant other decided she wanted to start using ASS. I did not encourage her, I provided lots of information about side effects, I directed her here, specifically to this thread, and I encouraged her to educate herself as much as possible.

Unfortunately, mainly because she knows how much research I do myself, and how much knowledge I already have in biochemistry, she largely relies on me for information. After a lot of research here (thanks for all the great info Sassy!), I recommended she start on 5mg of Var ED. She did very well at this dose, and after about 4 weeks increased to 7.5mg ED, and a few weeks later to 10mg ED. This was a 12 week cycle total. She made excellent gains and had almost no noticeable side effects (slightly worse acne than she was already dealing with before she started ASS).

About her goals: she just wants to grow, her next comp won’t be for 1-2 years, but with minimal side effects. She is ok with the sides, she just wants to minimize them. She has no illusions about the fact that getting to “pro bodybuilder” size will bring some sides. Her goal is to someday compete at the professional level.

Her second cycle was 100mg Primo E5D. This was a 16 week cycle. She did extremely well on the Primo, gaining 15-20 lbs of lean mass. The only sides were increased acne, Nizoral and B5 helped greatly (thanks again Sassy).

Currently we are debating what her next cycle should be. She feels like she has “maxed out” on 100mg E5D of Primo and wants to try something stronger, either something different or Primo at a higher dose. Considering her long term goals, what recommendations do you have? She has been considering trying Deca or EQ, this would be a big step, maybe she isn’t ready for it yet.

Some of the options we talk about are:
                              150mg Primo E5D
                              75mg Primo E5D, 50mg Deca E5D
                              100mg Deca EW
                              50mg Primo E5D, 50mg Deca E5D, 10mg Var ED

Any info would be much appreciated, I wish I could get her on here herself to ask this but it isn’t going to happen…

PS her diet is dialed in pretty perfect.
                              How much time off did she take between the two cycles you've mentioned?

If I may express my opinion, at 21, and with only 2 years of training under her belt, taking the drug route was not the wisest decision. Have you discussed the ramifications of drug use on your relationship, its influences on childbearing, and the possibility that using such compounds might interfere with her ability to conceive in the long run? There are far more factors to consider in the decision making process than merely those associated with physical side effects. You say you did not encourage her, yet you must have supported her decision as you've taken it upon yourself to provide her with the information she needs to do it safely. As a significant other, you very much have a say in the matter as well. It would be a shame if you were not prepared for the consequences and were to abandon her down the road when the damage is done. I have seen it happen.

For starters, it is advisable that women educate themselves on proper drug usage rather than assign a husband, a brother, a boyfriend or confidant to do the work for them. That is the only way to make an informed decision regarding their own bodies. She just might not share your opinions on certain matters you find easy to dismiss as mild or manageable. You say she wants to "minimize" side effects, yet you express her desire to run stronger compounds. Forgive me, but I do not find any logical reasoning in such an approach.

That being said, It is my experience that women will do whatever it is they set their minds to whether I, or the rest of the world, approves of it or not. So rather than lecture you further, which I hope you have not taken offense to, allow me to critique the cycles you've listed:

150mg Primo E5D If she is using Nizoral, then I'm assuming hair loss was a problem. Either that, or you've used it to alleviate the possibility of running into such a problem. The truth is, if you increase her primo to 150mg, that is only going to exacerbate the hair loss. Plus, what you fail to realize is that tampering with the natural hormonal balance of a 21 year old, pre menopausal female, is going to result in some kind of hair loss/hair growth in the least favorable of places. I would also recommend primo injects once a week rather than every 5th day.

75mg Primo E5D, 50mg Deca E5D In my opinion, that is the absolute worst combination with hair loss, water retention and skin breakouts increased ten fold. Plus, I would never recommend a long ester compound like Deca for a first time female user. Nandrolone phenylpropionate, or NPP, is a short ester version of nandrolone decanoate and a far more favorable route to take for most women. A short ester makes it easier to manage side effects and bail on a compound in the event that sides become unmanageable. Having an anti androgen, diuretic like Aldactone (spironolactone) on hand, can help alleviate side effects and flush the system out quicker.

100mg Deca EW Please refer to my input on Deca above.

50mg Primo E5D, 50mg Deca E5D, 10mg Var ED If I did not have many positive things to say about the Deca/Primo combo, then I need not express my opinions on a Deca/Primo/var combo.

If I may suggest a suitable alternative. EQ/var combo is your next best option. EQ at 100mg in a single administered injection a week for 16 weeks, and 10 mg of var/day divided between a.m and p.m dosages. Gains on EQ are slow and gradual, and highly maintainable post cycle. Side effects are tolerable, with strengthened tendons and improved cardiovascular highly favorable qualities of this compound.

Hopefully, that was insightful.

SS
                              Death by Snoo Snoo!

Comment

• ^^ Couldn't give you better advice...

Love ya SS!

Comment

Working...
                                X