Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Women on Steroids : The Simple Stupid Truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^^^^^^^

You make a lot of valid points, although blood work would still be a very good idea and if she is approached properly, there shouldn't be any harm in talking to her about getting that done.

As long as she feels that it is not being offered up as a criticism or that she is being "parented", she may hear him out on this one if he approaches her as one who accepts her decisions but is simply offering up helpfull information; that he is accepting of her use, but is just letting her know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Arnold View Post
      ^^^^^^^^^^^

You make a lot of valid points, although blood work would still be a very good idea and if she is approached properly, there shouldn't be any harm in talking to her about getting that done.

As long as she feels that it is not being offered up as a criticism or that she is being "parented", she may hear him out on this one if he approaches her as one who accepts her decisions but is simply offering up helpfull information; that he is accepting of her use, but is just letting her know.

When a woman displays a lack of concern for her personal wellbeing, which this woman clearly has done by taking advice from a boyfriend rather than research things for herself, by dismissing the good advice that an obviously concerned friend has offered, by subjecting herself physical conditions hazardous for her sport, she is highly unlikely to find investing in a medical checkup appealing. So regardless of how good an idea blood work might be to either you or I, it is certainly at the very bottom of her list of priorities if at all. And there is nothing this poor concerned soul can say or do that is going to change that.

She already knows that this friend is disapproving of her usage. Putting up a pretentious facade and offering her a ten page scholarly critique of why what she is doing is wrong is certainly not going to change a damn thing.

The world of female anabolics is a complicated one.
      Last edited by SisterSteel; March 30, 2010, 12:15 PM.
      Death by Snoo Snoo!

Comment

Originally posted by SisterSteel View Post
        Powerlifters compete in meets. Not shows.
        I do not understand why you are so adamant about her not using, or using what you think is a sensible amount of gear?

She is happy. It is a personal choice. She does not have to have a reason nor an excuse to use, nor does she have to report to anyone. Maybe consulting with someone educated on the matter would have been the proper course of action, but alas, she is not the first nor the last woman to inject herself with copious amounts of anabolic steroids to achieve whatever end result she is seeking. You sound more like a concerned parent than a friend by the way. She has a boyfriend and he is obviously not complaining. Not yet at least. She is not talking to you about it anymore..perhaps you should take that as a hint at her not wanting you to make further mention of her drug use. She obviously does not think you opinion matters so she will say just about anything to get you off her case. Did you really believe her when she said her doctor is ok with her being on steroids? I mean what rational mature remotely coherent human being with half a brain would buy that?

The truth is...and this might not be what you wanted to hear..this thread is NOT to sway women by any means. It is not meant to deter women from nor encourage them to use. It is to help women make informed decisions FOR THEMSELVES. Not only do I feel this post does not belong in here and has moved the thread far away from its initial intent, but we are beating a dead horse into a bloody pulp all over again. I can understand that you probably had good intentions and wanted nothing more than to help your friend out. But the truth is buddy, she does not want nor need your help. Its not like she has an addictive substance abuse issue here and is in need of an intervention. You are hoping to open her eyes to the negative repercussions associated with the long term use of AAS. She exercised her freedom of choice when she took her boyfriend's advice without self educating on the matter first. It's not your place to set the record straight nor to save her from herself. If you want my advice, stop talking to her about it before she severs this friendly bond between you two that she does not seem to find too warm, friendly and inviting these days..at least not as long as you are all up in her business.

Besides...what dumbass powerlifter walks around at 7%...that is an injury waiting to happen. So I hate to be the barer or bad news, but strength training and super shredded do not go hand in hand. If you think she is using heavily now, wait until she tears something and cannot lift a damn thing ever again. She'll be sticking herself with anything she can get her hands on then...indefinitely.

Sorry my friend. If people took responsibility for their actions, the word "Consequences" would not be in the Websters.

Let's all build a bridge and move on.

SS
        first, don't knit pick if I said show or meet that's not the fuckin point.
        Second, did you even read my message? No you didn't, I never said I didn't want her using.... What I said is she is using way to much and way to often. That's why I told her what good doses are. So how you got that I'm adament that she no use is fuckin stupid.

Maybe your cool with your friends takin amounts of drugs at doses that over time could kill them, but I'm not.

You know what I'm sorry for asking a women for advice, cuz no matter what you say they always think you said something else.

Thx for everyone elses advice and time. No I'm not women bashing but I said none of those things SS is implying.
        http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

And as for the last part of your roid rage induced coma you are in, she...... Fuck it your not worth the use of my fingertips.

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

Originally posted by USEALITTLE View Post
            first, don't knit pick if I said show or meet that's not the fuckin point.
            Second, did you even read my message? No you didn't, I never said I didn't want her using.... What I said is she is using way to much and way to often. That's why I told her what good doses are. So how you got that I'm adament that she no use is fuckin stupid.

Maybe your cool with your friends takin amounts of drugs at doses that over time could kill them, but I'm not.

You know what I'm sorry for asking a women for advice, cuz no matter what you say they always think you said something else.

Thx for everyone elses advice and time. No I'm not women bashing but I said none of those things SS is implying.
            You sound pissed off. Did I hit a nerve?
            I was not "knit picking". I was correcting you. And what qualifies you to give that woman drug advice anyway? I find it quite bizarre that you think your friend would take the advice of a complete stranger over the internet, regardless of gender, over yours or her boyfriend's. She must care less about your opinion than I thought.

I am cool with my "friends" making their own decisions regarding their own health or wellbeing. If that means they should drug themselves into oblivion, then who am I to dictate what they can or cannot do? I do not volunteer advice if it is not requested of me. That is why I succeed at keeping friends where you fail miserably. Staying out of people's business can be very healthy for relationships. You should try it sometime.

How much and how often she uses is her business. She is obviously quite content with her choices and has not sought out anyone's help, yet here you are hijacking a perfectly good thread in the hopes of getting someone to assist you in this quest to deter this woman from doing whatever it is that makes HER happy. That is very selfish. Hell the last thing a woman needs is another judgmental self righteous ignorant prick to dictate what she should or should not be doing. And your entire "roid rage" comment pretty much confirms that you are just that.

I mean, come on, this entire exchange is pointless coming from someone with a screename like "USEALITTLE"...that sends all your claims of objectivity down the shitter. How much is a little? how much is a lot by your standards? maybe she doesn't want to USEALITTLE. Ever thought about that?

You are being overly sensitive about this. Check the pct forums to get that estrogen spike induced meltdown of yours under control.

Have a lovely day.

SS
            Last edited by SisterSteel; March 30, 2010, 01:09 PM.
            Death by Snoo Snoo!

Comment

No smart girl.... Iv said she is a training partner not an E friend. Just cuz I'm not a woman dosnt mean I don't know alittle about what women can take and need, that "was" the reason I came here in the first place. But now I have to deal with you trying to read into things.

As for the name.... I'm sure your name is sistersreel huh. As for what I use I post the doses iv takin all the time and no they are not high, plus I'm off much more then I'm on. If your a mod you should try to help me and answer the question asked not "trying" to make people feel stupid or read into things that have not been said.

Thx for your time I'm done.

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

The truth is, ladies, there is no such thing as side-effect free drug use. None.
                i am going to have to disagree with this statement. it VERY MUCH depends on the what and how much as well as the resistance a person has to the compound. if i put just some random woman on a cycle i have run they would be visibly messed up and probably sound even worse..i however dont. i have had no facial structure changes, hair growth, clitoral hypertrophy or vocal thicken AT ALL. i started very VERY conservatively and SLOWLY tried compounds/doses ALL of which i KNEW that i could get out of my body if i began to get a side effect..

my "side effect" list is
                curly hair
                nail growth
                insomnia WHILE ON
                water retention WHILE ON
                slight shoulder acne on prop ONLY

i can deal with curly hair and long nails and the rest are only while actually using the substance. You cannot make blanket statements like the one quoted when it comes to body chemistry and drug interactions..

and i agree with Sassy blood work is a must for ANYONE on gear i think not just women. i get pre and post work ups EVERY TIME
                Strength does not come from winning, it is our struggle that builds our strength. When we struggle and decide not to surrender, that is strength

Comment

Originally posted by sadie7879 View Post
                  i am going to have to disagree with this statement. it VERY MUCH depends on the what and how much as well as the resistance a person has to the compound. if i put just some random woman on a cycle i have run they would be visibly messed up and probably sound even worse..i however dont. i have had no facial structure changes, hair growth, clitoral hypertrophy or vocal thicken AT ALL. i started very VERY conservatively and SLOWLY tried compounds/doses ALL of which i KNEW that i could get out of my body if i began to get a side effect..

my "side effect" list is
                  curly hair
                  nail growth
                  insomnia WHILE ON
                  water retention WHILE ON

i can deal with curly hair and long nails and the rest are only while actually using the substance. You cannot make blanket statements like the one quoted when it comes to body chemistry and drug interactions..

and i agree with Sassy blood work is a must for ANYONE on gear i think not just women. i get pre and post work ups EVERY TIME

I am not going to debate this with you Sadie. I am not saying that women will grow a dick on 5mg of var. I am simply stating that ANYTIME you fuck with the female endocrine system regardless of the potency of the drug/compound/supplement administered, and regardless of the route of administration, there will be changes/side effects/repercussions/consequences. The severity of these consequences is highly dependent upon the individual. But there is ALWAYS a price to pay, regardless. Your list of "side effects" is nothing more than aesthetic. You could experience those exact same symptoms on just about anything that causes a hormonal imbalance. Conditions as trivial as stress or a mineral deficiency can cause a hormonal imbalance. That is in no way whatsoever indicative of the physiological and psychological changes, independent of any aesthetic or cosmetic component, that your body is undergoing while supplementing with synthetic testosterone. Any uninformed woman who reads your post will think: well I guess I can just run test and worry about nothing more than the frequency of my manicures and maintaining my curls.

5mg of var is enough to cause amenorrhea in some women. Some women will bounce back eventually and some women will need the help of a physician to get their bodies back into a homeostatic state. Drug use is not free of consequences. Period.

Please spare me Sadie. This section is not to be taken lightly and your neverending rants in the pit condemning women who use heavy compounds is certainly no expression of compassion, understanding or support for women who choose to take a different route than yourself. Besides, test is one of those drugs that I am highly AGAINST using, so it is rather hypocrite of you to be pointing the finger at anyone. Let us not stray too far away from the subject at hand shall we? Some people actually enjoy reading these threads because they are useful and unbiased. No one cares to see yet another thread on women on steroids go to shit because you feel like you have something useful to contribute to these discussions.

SS
                  Death by Snoo Snoo!

Comment

Originally posted by USEALITTLE View Post
                    No smart girl.... Iv said she is a training partner not an E friend. Just cuz I'm not a woman dosnt mean I don't know alittle about what women can take and need, that "was" the reason I came here in the first place. But now I have to deal with you trying to read into things.

As for the name.... I'm sure your name is sistersreel huh. As for what I use I post the doses iv takin all the time and no they are not high, plus I'm off much more then I'm on. If your a mod you should try to help me and answer the question asked not "trying" to make people feel stupid or read into things that have not been said.

Thx for your time I'm done.
                    I am not a mod. Thankfully. I tend to play possum on the boards I DO mod on. Its nice to be able to tell you exactly what it is I think without any worries of a reputation to uphold, or board owner to respect. I take time out of my day to offer this advice for free. I can just keep it to myself. There is an abundance of useless shit over the internet that you are welcome to help yourself to. There is a reason people seek my out for advice and its certainly not because I am this phenom of a drug guru. I actually know my shit and have quite a lot to show for it.

If I made you feel stupid it was not my intention. I seem to have that effect on most people.
                    Death by Snoo Snoo!

Comment

Good thread that people can learn from. Please keep it on track.

Thanks
                      "The only lack or limitation is in your own mind."

MD!!!

www.LivingDeadMafia.com

Click for Audio

Comment

When a woman displays a lack of concern for her personal wellbeing, which this woman clearly has done by taking advice from a boyfriend rather than research things for herself, by dismissing the good advice that an obviously concerned friend has offered, by subjecting herself physical conditions hazardous for her sport, she is highly unlikely to find investing in a medical checkup appealing. So regardless of how good an idea blood work might be to either you or I, it is certainly at the very bottom of her list of priorities if at all. And there is nothing this poor concerned soul can say or do that is going to change that.

She already knows that this friend is disapproving of her usage. Putting up a pretentious facade and offering her a ten page scholarly critique of why what she is doing is wrong is certainly not going to change a damn thing.

The world of female anabolics is a complicated one.

No, I know SS. I was just saying it would good if she did. I wasn't really putting much stock into the hope that she would.

Also, I don't really understand what their relationship is like at this point, so she very well may not be willing to hear anything, so I guess it would varry from case to case.

Comment

Originally posted by sadie7879 View Post

my "side effect" list is
                          curly hair
                          nail growth
                          insomnia WHILE ON
                          water retention WHILE ON

Well, I hear what your saying, but wouldn't those side effects you mentioned fall into a non-side effect free cycle, as water retention, acne and insomnia are all side effects?

Also, what about internal changes? Anytime a woman uses AAS (or a man), unless the amounts are so ridiculously low they couldn't build muscle, there is going to be some type of internal changes whether it is menstruation changes, lipid alterations, or blood pressure issues, etc.... Either way, there will be some type of side effects in women (and men) using AAS.
                          Last edited by Mike Arnold; March 31, 2010, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Arnold View Post
                            Well, I hear what your saying, but wouldn't those side effects you mentioned fall into a non-side effect free cycle, as water retention, acne and insomnia are all side effects?

Also, what about internal changes? Anytime a woman uses AAS (or a man), unless the amounts are so ridiculously low they couldn't build muscle, there is going to be some type of internal changes whether it is menstruation changes, lipid alterations, or blood pressure issues, etc.... Either way, there will be some type of side effects in women (and men) using AAS.
                            Good .. you caught the "and men" part too.. As noted - no such thing as no-sides. There can be sides from a bottle of ibuprofin. Juts because they aren't dramatic to you or you can't see them, doesn't mean they aren't there. Further continued use, even w/ off times contributes to accumulated effects because your body is constantly changing.

To the poster w/ the friend on AAS - you can't necessarly get her to stop, so at the end of the day it is her decision. You can potentially start some discussions just about her experiences themselves and not just in that "OMG you're going to kill yourself" way - but, frankly, in the same way the guys talk about this stuff all day long on the AAS board. It should be something that is discussed to get her thinking about it and possibly taking more responsibility in SHE deciding her own cycles and w/ reasonable expectations and focus on the primary goals (as SS noted w/ the desire to be shredded & pull heavy weight at the same time - diametrically opposed goals that not only confuse & stress the body more than it needs to , it is a recipe for injury).

Comment

I know there is nothing I can do about it but I just hope she eases up before shit get to far for her to turn back.

Thx

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

Originally posted by sadie7879
                                my doses are ridiculously low but i respond well. my bp and cholesterol are perfect (bp on the low end of normal (118/62 last time) cholesterol was 142 last month)

water retention and insomia are temporary sides and i somewhat doubt that was the point of the thread. the hair thing is kinda helpful lol i get out of the shower put my hair in a pony have spiral curls hanging down my back when it dries

I know you were saying you don't get "bad" sides and that you don't use nearly what some women use, but I was only stating we ALL get some sides, even if we can't see them.

In a woman especially, test CANNOT be used even at doses of even 100 mg/week without internal and external changes constantly taking place the entire time testosterone is active in the system (100 mg/week is enough to turn every boy into a man, as most men make somewhere around that amount naturally, so needless to say, this dose will definitely have effects on a woman in time ).

Continual masculinization will always be taking place at varrying rates based on personal response. At which point these effects become internally detectable or externally visible to the human eye,
                                will be different for every women.

Every time Testosterone is introduced into a females body, every androgen receptor in your body, in all the tissues they are present, will always initiate their respective androgenic responses when a testosterone molecule is attached to them. This cannot be avoided, as these receptor sites will always initiate the exact same response every time they are activated.

The rate and degree to which these androgenic responses begin to become internally and outwardly apparent will varry from woman to woman, but make no mistake, continuing to activate androgen receptors throughout the body will have androgenic effects that will eventually result in a build-up, which will manifest themselves in both inward and outward effects.

I support all women's rights to use AAS and accept any effects a woman's body can potentially endure, as long as she is comfortable with them. Women should have the same rights and kind of respect that men have in making personal decisions. However, it should be made clear that ALL women AND men will have noticable and significant outward and inward masculinization if testosterone is used long enough. 100 mg/week is more than enough to initiate this process. The only question is, how long will it take? As long as all women understand this and realize that NONE of them are immune to the powerfull effects of testosterone, it is fine by me.

Comment

Working...
                                X