Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

13 WEEKS OUT FROM FIRST SHOW LIFETIME NATTIE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 WEEKS OUT FROM FIRST SHOW LIFETIME NATTIE

I would just like some critique. This will be my first show so i have never worked on posing. I will start in two weeks with some people that have alot of experience with competiting. For me, i see my lagging body parts as my lats and my legs. More pics to come in the future as i diet and continue to work on my posing and specific muscle groups. Constructive criticism is welcome for that will let me know what i need to push more on! My stats are 5'8 and 199lbs. Hoping to be a middle weight competitor.

nEW SIZE 2.jpg

5.jpgNEW SIZE 1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

wish someone would give a little advice or criticism. Just want to know if i am on track or look terrible and need a lot of work.

Comment

Crab and front bi are your strong poses (try spiking one foot). On the rear lat spread don't pull your elbows quite so forward, maybe hook your hands a little higher on your waist, and lean your shoulders back. With thirteen weeks left your main job is working on presentation and getting as lean as possible. My advice on presentation is to find photos of your favorite pros hitting their mandatories and take notice of all the little things like hand position, joint angles, and foot placement. As for getting lean, choose a goal weight and then subtract 5-10 pounds and make that your "new" goal weight. Good luck!
      https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I will def try and work on the poses. I am new to the game so I am trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

You look good and should do well. You've got a good structure and you already recognize you need to work those legs and being honest with yourself is a tremendous start. Like Tim said work on presentation and getting as lean as possible. It is important to keep taking pictures because the photos don't lie. Under gym lights you'll think you're ready but then you look at photos and think WTF! Don't worry and don't put too much pressure on yourself in your first show. Enter the novice class and do your best. Good luck and keep posting progress pics/updates.

Comment

After doing my first show this year there are a few things that I can offer you.... Find a diet that works for your body type and stick with it. Try not to cheat to much because every day, two days, three days, or more that you cheat catches up to you. Make sure you do your cardio 45mins to 1 hour a day no less. Definetly work on your posing as it can make or break how you look. When you get on stage it all becomes reality and you don't want to be the only guy out there hitting the wrong poses or looking like you didnt practice. One of the things the judges told me was that I didnt smile enough, smiling exudes confidence, so make sure you are confident on stage or at least appear to be by smiling. I don't carry much size so what I tried to do was get as lean as I possibly could so what I lacked in size I made up in being shredded. I could have been a little leaner but I feel that for my first show I brought a good package. Overall your first show is a learning experience and should be looked at as nothing more. I always go into everything trying to win or to do my best, but you have to always know in the back of your mind that it may be possible for you to loose and not do well. So at least if you give it your all and train like an animal you know that you put in the work. Good luck with everything! Hope that I helped.
            www.allnaturaloptions.com
            www.allnaturaloptions.com - Natural Bodybuilder - Train hard, train harder.

Comment

X 2 on what Tim says. Your rear lat spread needs work, but this should be practiced every single day before the show. I would change your hand position on your front lat spread, possibly a bit too low with the hands and too far round the front (almost sitting on your front hip bone). I suggest placing your hands higher up and more on the side.

Look at Tim's front lat spread and notice his hand position, and how he grabs the trunks and pulls them up to create a better illusion to his waist. this works very well.

You have a good shape and size, put the hard work in on the diet and you will come up good. You also seem well balanced.

your back double bicep is good, if anything your delts are slightly heavy in comparison to your lower back. you have a good v taper.

good work and good luck
              NEW PREP AUG 2018

Comment

Originally posted by douggiefresh View Post
                After doing my first show this year there are a few things that I can offer you.... Find a diet that works for your body type and stick with it. Try not to cheat to much because every day, two days, three days, or more that you cheat catches up to you. Make sure you do your cardio 45mins to 1 hour a day no less. Definetly work on your posing as it can make or break how you look. When you get on stage it all becomes reality and you don't want to be the only guy out there hitting the wrong poses or looking like you didnt practice. One of the things the judges told me was that I didnt smile enough, smiling exudes confidence, so make sure you are confident on stage or at least appear to be by smiling. I don't carry much size so what I tried to do was get as lean as I possibly could so what I lacked in size I made up in being shredded. I could have been a little leaner but I feel that for my first show I brought a good package. Overall your first show is a learning experience and should be looked at as nothing more. I always go into everything trying to win or to do my best, but you have to always know in the back of your mind that it may be possible for you to loose and not do well. So at least if you give it your all and train like an animal you know that you put in the work. Good luck with everything! Hope that I helped.
                www.allnaturaloptions.com
                dougie in the event of a good chat, i will disagree with your comment re- having to do cardio and no less than 45-1 hour.

I personally feel long dragged out cardio is the last thing some should do on a diet. Considering the original poster is in good condition for 13 weeks out, i feel that if he diets properly and trains smartly he does not have to do cardio. If he calculates his calories correctly and trains at a good intensity, cardio may be counter productive.

i have never done cardio for any of my shows and have always managed to get into good condition. I have put my non cardio opinion out there before and people followed suit and hey, they got into great nick by training correctly and dieting on the right calories to create deficit without cardio.

i know cardio is popular during diets, but a lot of things get done on a diet only because people think it is the norm. or because someone tells them to do it because they done it or the big guy does it pre contest.

Would be interesting to hear if others do cardio, how much cardio. and if anyone has competed not using cardio vs using cardio.

i cannot be too bias as i have never tried dieting with any cardio. who knows, may doing 10-30 minutes + 1,2,3,4,5 times a week may mean i can eat more and it may even work better for me. it is all trial and error.

doug don't take my post as an attack, purely a topic of conversation.

cheers iain
                NEW PREP AUG 2018

Comment

I do agree that your lats are a weakness, though I think it is moreso about the way you are posing them. I think if you learn to pose them better they will look much improved. I also think your chest and shoulders can use more size. That's all neither here nor there now though since you are prepping and won't be gaining muscle during prep typically. I think you are in an ok spot right now, I'd prefer to see you a bit leaner at 13 weeks out but you aren't out of range by any means, but you will probably have to count on being decently aggressive with you nutrition and cardio in order to get completely shredded depending upon what your metabolism is like
                  BioLayne LLC
                  PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

your lats suck, work on isolating them and stretching them if they don't grow it is just your genetics.
                    AFTER I SUCKED THE BLOOD FROM HER ASS
                    MY MOUTH DROOLS.........

Comment

Originally posted by creed42 View Post
                      I would just like some critique. This will be my first show so i have never worked on posing. I will start in two weeks with some people that have alot of experience with competiting. For me, i see my lagging body parts as my lats and my legs. More pics to come in the future as i diet and continue to work on my posing and specific muscle groups. Constructive criticism is welcome for that will let me know what i need to push more on! My stats are 5'8 and 199lbs. Hoping to be a middle weight competitor.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]226135[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]226133[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]226132[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]226131[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]226134[/ATTACH]
                      You are on track. You and i have the same problem having a long torso. Need lots of abs to fill that out lol. ALso kill your chest when you start up again.
                      "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Comment

Originally posted by Newimage9 View Post
                        You are on track. You and i have the same problem having a long torso. Need lots of abs to fill that out lol. ALso kill your chest when you start up again.
                        the long torso makes him look weird i have short torso , everything is tight well not now of course after the holidays i am morbidly obese.
                        MY MOUTH DROOLS.........

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Triceps View Post
                          the long torso makes him look weird i have short torso , everything is tight well not now of course after the holidays i am morbidly obese.
                          Long torso's suck def. There are ways to try to hide it a bit lol, but def need lots of abs to fill it out, bigger chest and lower lats.
                          "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Comment

Originally posted by Newimage9 View Post
                            Long torso's suck def. There are ways to try to hide it a bit lol, but def need lots of abs to fill it out, bigger chest and lower lats.
                            exactly is all about hiding your weaknesses and showing your strength.
                            MY MOUTH DROOLS.........

Comment

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                              I do agree that your lats are a weakness, though I think it is moreso about the way you are posing them. I think if you learn to pose them better they will look much improved. I also think your chest and shoulders can use more size. That's all neither here nor there now though since you are prepping and won't be gaining muscle during prep typically. I think you are in an ok spot right now, I'd prefer to see you a bit leaner at 13 weeks out but you aren't out of range by any means, but you will probably have to count on being decently aggressive with you nutrition and cardio in order to get completely shredded depending upon what your metabolism is like
                              Thanks for the advice Layne and everyone else. I have decided not to compete in this first show in march. I felt as though I would have to cut to fast and end up losing too much muscle. I am going to continue eating clean and drop some bf before dieting for an INBF show in July. I will probably diet anywhere between 20-16 weeks for that show. I think I stand a much better chance in an INBF show then an untested NPC show. I will also work on my posing during this time because it really needs work. Thanks again fellas for all of the advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X