Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Wasn't expecting to gain size on a cut! Any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't expecting to gain size on a cut! Any thoughts?

Hey guys,

thought i'd put this out there and see if anyone can shed some light on it.

Started a cut over 5wks ago (getting married in july and want to look half decent on honeymoon) at 218, roughly 18% , (5'10"). My total daily cals are 2800-2900 with Pro-40% Carbs-35% Fat-25% working from what Layne suggests in one of his articles.
    I have a cheat meal once a week but trying not to exceed target cals.

Im now down to 210 and appear leaner but fuller and arm and thigh measurements are up 1/4".
    I'm obviously not complaining, just not what i was expecting.

I dont use and have never used AAS, but have started taking vitargo and xtend before and after workouts.

Is this possibly due to cutting crap out of my diet and possibly eating more nutritious calories even tho im taking in lower total cals?

Well first, How long have you been working out? And did you use to then took a break and are now back into it?

I ask because noob gains can come pretty easily

Comment

Been training properly for 5yrs, not had any long layoffs. It is the first cut i've done knowing what im actually doing.
      Tried to lose body fat a couple times in the past and dropped carbs very low, ended up with less muscle than when i started the previous bulk.
      I have calculated my calorie intake for maintainance of total body mass (not LBM) and reduced it by 600cals to put me in a defecit. Just wondering if i ve seriously underestimated my body fat% and am actually still taking in surplus cals at 2800 . Dont think this is the case tho, Im an ecto at 5'10" and can see my abs in the mirror (just) without flexing.
      As i m an ecto, tend to stay away from cardio when bulking (which i now realise isn t the best idea) but now added 1 or 2 hiit sessions a week on non training days and 1hr of football (soccer) once a wk. not sure if this could have anything to do with it?
      May be that i ve got my training, nutrition and supplementation all exactly on point?

Comment

Sounds to me like you may have just found the right combo of diet, supplementation and training that works for your body type. Now when you go to bulk again, just continue with what your doing now and even with the same foods but just increase the amounts and back the cardio down a bit, but not eliminate it. Definitely keep track of everything your doing so you know what works best with your body.
        AAEFX Board Rep....www.aaefx.com

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I ll make sure to keep my training and nutrition logs as detailed as possible.

Comment

layne talks about this in one of the md mags..
            Rise of the falleN

Comment

Do you remember which one? I ve had a subscription for the last year but I don t remember it.
              Ive got the last 3 or 4 issues hidden somewhere to stop my girl "tidying" them into the trash. I ll go back through his articles.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NateIron8 View Post
                Well first, How long have you been working out? And did you use to then took a break and are now back into it?

I ask because noob gains can come pretty easily

This guy is right. Newbies can get pretty quickly, also I have been getting a little more size since cutting but I also have been training almost 12 years.

Comment

Working...
                X