Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Calculating your FULL Genetic Muscular POTENTIAL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculating your FULL Genetic Muscular POTENTIAL!

« For a drug-free bodybuilder trying to develop maximum muscle mass, the knowledge of how much muscle can be developed without the use of anabolic drugs would be a very valuable asset. Unfortunately, because of the achievements of drug-using professional, amateur and recreational bodybuilders, many natural lifters either have no idea of their actual potentials, they over-estimate what they can realistically achieve or they adopt a defeatist attitude and set their goals too low. »

« Maximum muscular bodyweight and size potential are positively correlated with a person's height and bone-structure [1-6]. (...) What's needed is an accurate and precise formula, based on personal bone structure and height, that gives the maximum lean body mass a trainee can achieve without the use of anabolic drugs.»

« The normal adult male serum testosterone level for a man under 40 years of age is between 3 and 10 ng/ml, and decreases with increasing age [8-10]. This clearly imposes a personal limit on the amount of lean body mass that can be developed and maintained without the use of exogenous anabolic drugs (i.e. "steroids"), and any further development beyond this point will require drug-use. Other major factors influencing ultimate muscular potential are muscle belly lengths, fast-twitch to slow-twitch fiber ratio, etc. »

« So there will be variations in potential between people even of identical bone structures. Consequently, no equation predicting maximum muscular bodyweight will be 100% accurate for everybody. What such an equation can do, however, is establish an upper limit of potential based on the achievements of drug-free bodybuilding champions. These men possess naturally high testosterone levels, full muscle bellies, and the host of structural characteristics that permit the development of world-class physiques - they reflect the upper limit of male drug-free muscular potential. Therefore, a muscular bodyweight prediction equation based on such a group of men provides an estimate as to the maximum muscular size a person of a given structure is likely to achieve without the use of anabolic drugs and while maintaining a "balanced" physique. Though, in reality, the very nature of the accomplishments of elite bodybuilding champions strongly implies that the majority of trainees will not be able to quite reach such a level. »

Here's the formula :
    http://muscleandbrawn.com/determinin...ing-potential/
    http://www.weightrainer.net/potential.html

And...
    Here's an online calculator based on this formula
    http://www.weightrainer.net/bodypred.html

What's your thoughts on this ?

My thoughts are this…that is some severely depressing shit.

Comment

Amen
      Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

I don't believe in these formulas, they put a mental limitation in your mind. You have to believe you can continue to get bigger, therefore you get bigger. I'm a natty with 20'' and very lean, so I think I know what I'm talking about, but in all fairness, I was also blessed with very good genetics and have been training seriously for many years now. But don't believe in the hype of these formulas, rather believe in yourself. Good luck.

Comment

very interesting post here.I enjoyed reading this.great find.

Comment

Originally posted by Sexybeast777 View Post
            I don't believe in these formulas, they put a mental limitation in your mind. You have to believe you can continue to get bigger, therefore you get bigger. I'm a natty with 20'' and very lean, so I think I know what I'm talking about, but in all fairness, I was also blessed with very good genetics and have been training seriously for many years now. But don't believe in the hype of these formulas, rather believe in yourself. Good luck.
            This.

I did the calculator thing. It said the biggest my arms will be is 16.25. I surpassed this = ]
            Food causing distension? Anyone heard of Kobayashi !?

Comment

that seems pretty right on actually...depressing. haha.
              My Journal: http://tiny.cc/3u1ys

Comment

Originally posted by Stevosaurusrex View Post
                This.

I did the calculator thing. It said the biggest my arms will be is 16.25. I surpassed this = ]
                Exactly, I have also surpassed the so called ''natural limits'', but then again, you must accept the fact that you are a genetic rarity, meaning you have very good genetics

Comment

I think there is a maximum genetic potential one can reach without the use of anabolics. However, I think that natural limit varies from person to person and cant be calculated very accurately with a generic formula. Its pretty obvious that there is a ceiling to growth as you train longer and longer, you reach a limit of diminishing returns. There is a silver lining to the depressing news of genetic potential though.......... look at the top natural pros and even though their stage weight doesnt change much from year to year (often they even get lighter) their physique continues to improve.
                  Natural Pro Bodybuilder- Sponsored Athlete- www.cabergolean.com

Comment

Originally posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
                    I think there is a maximum genetic potential one can reach without the use of anabolics. However, I think that natural limit varies from person to person and cant be calculated very accurately with a generic formula. Its pretty obvious that there is a ceiling to growth as you train longer and longer, you reach a limit of diminishing returns. There is a silver lining to the depressing news of genetic potential though.......... look at the top natural pros and even though their stage weight doesnt change much from year to year (often they even get lighter) their physique continues to improve.
                    ^5 I agree.

Comment

Seems about right. I thought Reg Park was bigger than what that site listed.

Comment

right on.

Comment

I don't believe in these formulas, they put a mental limitation in your mind. You have to believe you can continue to get bigger, therefore you get bigger. I'm a natty with 15'' and not so lean, so I think I know what I'm talking about, but in all fairness, I was also blessed with very average genetics and have been training seriously for many years now. But don't believe in the hype of these formulas, rather believe in yourself. Good luck.
                          Stupid thread, so much more to BB then being big.

Comment

Working...
                          X