Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone.
Just as a friendly reminder between December 7th thru December 8th, the forum will be undergoing an upgrade and service may be disrupted for a period of time. This maintenance will be done at a time that will impact traffic the least, but offer huge benefits. Especially with the Olympia right around the corner.
Enjoy and thanks in advance for your understanding.
Best
Jen

PS Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB
    replied
    Originally posted by jrod View Post
    Hey Brian,

SLDL are my favorite hamstring exercise. When doing them, this is what I focus on:

I try to keep the bar close to my body the whole time.
    I try to keep only a slight bend in my knees (not locked, but not much of a bend).
    I try to keep my back arched or at least flat (not rounded) and only go down as far as my hamstrings will stretch, not the rest of the way by rounding my back (this makes it so that I go down a bit past my knees, not down to my ankles).
    I try to stick my butt out as I am going down and shift some weight to my heels. This causes more of a stretch in my hamstrings.

Thats about it. When I go heavy, I still feel it in my lower back, of course, but I can tell for the most part it is working my hamstrings.

I hope this helps.
    that did help a bunch

hope all is good with you

Leave a comment:

• 46jake
    replied
    I'm the 5'3' fitness freak, meaning not a heavy trainer. Finally I am at 9.2 body fat and am told it's good. Actually I don't have much externally to show. Any thoughts? Food or heavier weights?

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Here is an interview I did with a site called Simply Shredded:

http://www.simplyshredded.com/npc-te...edded-com.html

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by MHurricane View Post
    fuck, i can't view the 73rd page...
    Haha, now that it actually exists, you should be able to view it.

I've noticed that on this board sometimes it looks like there is an extra page, but there really isn't and you can't view it.

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by jayhawks View Post
    jeff if your fat levels are so low does this not effect your hormone levels?
    I'm sure after a certain point it does.

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Fitzchivalry View Post
    A rather stupid question, but how do you cook your meat? I recently discovered (probably should have known this before) that I should have been counting my cals before cooking as opposed to after, but when I sliced up my steak into 4.1 oz cuts they shrunk down to about 1.9 oz when cooked which seems like next to nothing. I usually cook them at about 300 in the oven. It just seems as if they are losing too much weight or something and I am a bit paranoid.
    If you're concerned about the number of calories in your meat, just be consistent and choose one method of calculating/weighing: either do it always before cooking, or always after cooking.

I cook my meat either by frying in a pan or by baking. If i am going to cook a lot, I bake; otherwise, I use the pan. I usually weigh/measure food before cooking.

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by CarpeDiem87 View Post
    Jrod,

Random question.....I also live on the west coast and occasionally visit family on the east cost...I get terrible Jet-Lag when I have to travel that far and was wondering if there is anything specific that you do to help with Jet-Lag when you have to travel from Cali to the Team U?

Thanks in advance,
    Jason

I do not do anything for this because I have no problem with this. I can pretty easily adjust when the time difference is only 3 hours. In fact, I actually try to stay on California time while in NY for Team Universe. Doing this allows me to make the show closer to a morning show; which I prefer.

Maybe you could just try sleeping earlier a few days before leaving for NY. Just stay up late one night and wake up according to NY time and maybe by that night you'll fall asleep early. By the time you get to NY, you'll be accustomed to the time difference.

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Fitzchivalry View Post
    Being of similar height, what level (the one I use has numbers on it) do you put the hammer incline at as far as seating goes? The reason I ask is that I was talking with a friend of mine and he has his at a much lower level (same height as me) than I did which makes me wonder a bit if I have been placing it in the wrong spot.

I don't remember off the top of my head, but I'm going to guess its around a 4. I would say it doesn't matter where your friend or anyone else puts it; just choose what is most comfortable for you/your body. Maybe your friend has different proportions, or maybe HE is the one placing it in the wrong spot.

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by BB View Post
    Hey Jeff,

I just saw that you like sldl's for hamstrings. Could you just walk through the mental and physical side of these when you're performing them. ex: little cues, how the stretch feels, etc.

I seem to feel them much more in my lower back when I get above 185, so currently I like them as a stretching type of exercise on occasion.

Hey Brian,

SLDL are my favorite hamstring exercise. When doing them, this is what I focus on:

I try to keep the bar close to my body the whole time.
    I try to keep only a slight bend in my knees (not locked, but not much of a bend).
    I try to keep my back arched or at least flat (not rounded) and only go down as far as my hamstrings will stretch, not the rest of the way by rounding my back (this makes it so that I go down a bit past my knees, not down to my ankles).
    I try to stick my butt out as I am going down and shift some weight to my heels. This causes more of a stretch in my hamstrings.

Thats about it. When I go heavy, I still feel it in my lower back, of course, but I can tell for the most part it is working my hamstrings.

I hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• MHurricane
    replied
    fuck, i can't view the 73rd page...

Leave a comment:

• jayhawks
    replied
    jeff if your fat levels are so low does this not effect your hormone levels?

Leave a comment:

• Fitzchivalry
    replied
    A rather stupid question, but how do you cook your meat? I recently discovered (probably should have known this before) that I should have been counting my cals before cooking as opposed to after, but when I sliced up my steak into 4.1 oz cuts they shrunk down to about 1.9 oz when cooked which seems like next to nothing. I usually cook them at about 300 in the oven. It just seems as if they are losing too much weight or something and I am a bit paranoid.

Leave a comment:

• CarpeDiem87
    replied
    Jrod,

Random question.....I also live on the west coast and occasionally visit family on the east cost...I get terrible Jet-Lag when I have to travel that far and was wondering if there is anything specific that you do to help with Jet-Lag when you have to travel from Cali to the Team U?

Thanks in advance,
    Jason

Leave a comment:

• Fitzchivalry
    replied
    Being of similar height, what level (the one I use has numbers on it) do you put the hammer incline at as far as seating goes? The reason I ask is that I was talking with a friend of mine and he has his at a much lower level (same height as me) than I did which makes me wonder a bit if I have been placing it in the wrong spot.

Leave a comment:

• BB
    replied
    Hey Jeff,

I just saw that you like sldl's for hamstrings. Could you just walk through the mental and physical side of these when you're performing them. ex: little cues, how the stretch feels, etc.

I seem to feel them much more in my lower back when I get above 185, so currently I like them as a stretching type of exercise on occasion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X