Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good for you and good job on your first show. Enjoy and take advantage of the post show rebound and training motivation!
    Jeff Rodriguez
    www.jrodfitness.com

    Comment


    • WOW, I can't believe i feel like i got ran over by a truck !LOL!
      I got introduced to Clement Yearwood, who said my symmetry was similar to his. Also, got to talk with Shaun Clarida. Very cool.
      Taking a couple days and then hitting gym again. Is there anything special I should do to capitalize on the gains? I didn’t go crazy a couple of burgers (Bacon and Chez) and some popcorn at the movies with my kids. That’s the extent of my cheating; I’m going back to eating clean and carb cycling high and low.
      INBF Rookie Pro Card Winner: 2011 EAST COAST NATURAL BODYBUILDING

      Comment


      • Originally posted by anthonyUSMC View Post
        WOW, I can't believe i feel like i got ran over by a truck !LOL!
        I got introduced to Clement Yearwood, who said my symmetry was similar to his. Also, got to talk with Shaun Clarida. Very cool.
        Taking a couple days and then hitting gym again. Is there anything special I should do to capitalize on the gains? I didnít go crazy a couple of burgers (Bacon and Chez) and some popcorn at the movies with my kids. Thatís the extent of my cheating; Iím going back to eating clean and carb cycling high and low.


        I would have said something along the lines of what you said right there, so I think you're on the right track. Yeah, I know exactly what you mean by feeling run over. Just take it easy the day/s you first train and use the motivation to improve your physique for your next show (sounds like you're hooked).
        Jeff Rodriguez
        www.jrodfitness.com

        Comment


        • I'm already looking into doing another one (Natural East Coast, Tarrytown, NY) about 18 weeks out. I figured have the work is already done, i will play with my carbs a little and keep the cardio up. Not sure if this is a rookie mistake; any thoughts? I figured i can get that crazy conditioning you get when your 5 weeks out (Freaky)!!
          INBF Rookie Pro Card Winner: 2011 EAST COAST NATURAL BODYBUILDING

          Comment


          • Originally posted by anthonyUSMC View Post
            I'm already looking into doing another one (Natural East Coast, Tarrytown, NY) about 18 weeks out. I figured have the work is already done, i will play with my carbs a little and keep the cardio up. Not sure if this is a rookie mistake; any thoughts? I figured i can get that crazy conditioning you get when your 5 weeks out (Freaky)!!
            18 weeks is a very long time between shows. This should give you enough time to eat a bit more and have good, productive/strong workouts, and start dieting downwards again once you're a bit closer. If I could give you only one piece of advice it would be to come in even leaner/better conditioned (doesn't matter how you go about doing it, whatever diet/cardio methods, just make it happen and give yourself enough time for a bit of error/coming up short).
            Jeff Rodriguez
            www.jrodfitness.com

            Comment


            • Thanks for the advice! I know i could have came in tighter! I’ve been looking back on your blog for some ideas and plan to experiment a little. Haven’t been back to the gym yet but I’ve been iching.

              How’s ur prep going for Team Universe? A little more than a week out… Any photos? Or, are u trying to keep it under wraps for the show? Can’t wait to see and read what you’ve done for this prep.
              INBF Rookie Pro Card Winner: 2011 EAST COAST NATURAL BODYBUILDING

              Comment


              • Originally posted by anthonyUSMC View Post
                Thanks for the advice! I know i could have came in tighter! I’ve been looking back on your blog for some ideas and plan to experiment a little. Haven’t been back to the gym yet but I’ve been iching.

                How’s ur prep going for Team Universe? A little more than a week out… Any photos? Or, are u trying to keep it under wraps for the show? Can’t wait to see and read what you’ve done for this prep.
                My prep has been going well; tough, but well. Yeah just around 1.5 weeks out now. As for photos, I honestly haven't taken any for a while (I just use the mirror to see where I'm at), so I don't have any to post. Yeah, I'll post my entire contest prep diet soon after the show. I'm counting down the days, very excited to see how things turn out.
                Jeff Rodriguez
                www.jrodfitness.com

                Comment


                • Thatís great hang in there; here is a quote from Colin Powell:
                  ďThere are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.Ē
                  INBF Rookie Pro Card Winner: 2011 EAST COAST NATURAL BODYBUILDING

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by anthonyUSMC View Post
                    Thatís great hang in there; here is a quote from Colin Powell:
                    ďThere are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.Ē

                    Thanks! Good quote.

                    Here is a quote I have kept reminding myself of during this prep. By Andreas Munzer,

                    "The lesson I learned is that we too easily deceive ourselves into thinking we're exerting enough effort. To take ourselves over the top, enough is never enough. Only more that we ever thought possible is enough."
                    Jeff Rodriguez
                    www.jrodfitness.com

                    Comment


                    • Awesome!!
                      INBF Rookie Pro Card Winner: 2011 EAST COAST NATURAL BODYBUILDING

                      Comment


                      • Anthony you were one hilarious mother fucker backstage LOL! You should have done the Men's Open. If I recall you only did the Novice right? I remember we were laughing backstage about smiling while hitting poses, and you saying you look like youre taking a dump lmao.

                        Also Jeff-Best of luck with the Team U. Been following you for years! Super duper motivation for me as Ive just completed my third show of the season. 2-3 left PS I think youre pretty cool with the guy whos taken me under my wing. Alberto Nunez?

                        Comment


                        • JRod, looking good in the May 19th pictures, haven't seen any more recent ones but damn looking ready at that point!!!! How are you feeling? Ready for Friday! Can't wait to see all you guys up on stage Friday, gonna be a really competitive show from what I have been seeing.
                          www.allnaturaloptions.com - Natural Bodybuilder - Train hard, train harder.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Baftub View Post
                            Anthony you were one hilarious mother fucker backstage LOL! You should have done the Men's Open. If I recall you only did the Novice right? I remember we were laughing backstage about smiling while hitting poses, and you saying you look like youre taking a dump lmao.

                            Also Jeff-Best of luck with the Team U. Been following you for years! Super duper motivation for me as Ive just completed my third show of the season. 2-3 left PS I think youre pretty cool with the guy whos taken me under my wing. Alberto Nunez?
                            Hey, thanks very much for the support! As for Alberto, I used to train at a gym in Hayward, CA and saw him there a few times, he's a nice guy and obviously knows how to get SUPER lean.
                            Jeff Rodriguez
                            www.jrodfitness.com

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by douggiefresh View Post
                              JRod, looking good in the May 19th pictures, haven't seen any more recent ones but damn looking ready at that point!!!! How are you feeling? Ready for Friday! Can't wait to see all you guys up on stage Friday, gonna be a really competitive show from what I have been seeing.
                              The show is so close now that the excitement is enough to overcome some of the suffering I'm enduring from this diet--its been super hard/rough this year (I'm happy with how it went). Yeah, I have not posted any recent pics because I haven't taken any. The truth is, I totally have not felt like taking pics, no motivation to do so, all I have really cared about enough to put the effort into is training and cardio. Sounds weird to be too tired/unmotivated to take pics, but its the truth.

                              Anyways, my girlfriend took this pic of me at the gym yesterday right before training so here is a 5 days out update pic.

                              Looking forward to chatting with you in person--please come up and say hi if/when you see me (if I don't first).

                              See you in a few days.
                              Jeff Rodriguez
                              www.jrodfitness.com

                              Comment


                              • 5 days out:

                                5 days out triceps.jpg
                                Jeff Rodriguez
                                www.jrodfitness.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X