Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone.
Just as a friendly reminder between December 7th thru December 8th, the forum will be undergoing an upgrade and service may be disrupted for a period of time. This maintenance will be done at a time that will impact traffic the least, but offer huge benefits. Especially with the Olympia right around the corner.
Enjoy and thanks in advance for your understanding.
Best
Jen

PS Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maryland Muscle
    replied
    Originally posted by jrod View Post
    5x6-8 means 5 set of 6-8 reps each set, right? If so, damn, that is a lot of sets... You just train differently than I do. On my "heavy days" I only do 2-3 sets of squats and a total of 6 sets for quads.

I think squats, lunges (I prefer doing them stationary/IE split squat), and bulgarian split squats (lunges with back leg up on a bench) are great exercises for glutes. I've never done a Jeffereson before, so I couldn't say about those. Also, I'd say that going deep on squats recruits the glutes more than if you stay above parallel.

*on a side note, be careful when you go REALLY deep on squats (ass to grass), this might be a bit rough on your knees.

As for hamstrings, I like stiff legged deadlifts best and glute ham raises second best. If you don't have access to a glute ham raise machine, you can do it like Layne Norton does (search youtube) and put a flat bench next to the lat pulldown machine....
    Thanks Jeff. I'll have to try those bulgarian split squats.

If you haven't seen Jeffersons before check out Kai Greens 1st Video on MD (Legs), just tried it last week you get such a great burn. It gets the whole tie in.

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Maryland Muscle View Post
    Hey JRod,

Your glutes and Hamstrings are phenomenal. What exercises do you do during the offseason to get that massive development. I really want to develop some quality size in this area- for my next show.

Here's what I do on leg days, May be you could help me tweak somethings

Sunday (Heavy Leg Day)
    Squats 5x6-8
    Front Squats 5x 6-8
    Leg Curls 5x 8
    Stiff Legged Deadlift 5x6-8
    Jeffersons 3x 8 each side burnout
    Standing Calf Raises 8X8

Hypertrophy Leg workout Thursday
    Full Squat (Ass- Ankles) 5X12 SS w/ Seated calf Raises 5X12
    Vertical Leg Press Machine 5x12 SSw/ Standing Calf Raises 5X 12
    Leg Extension 5X12 SS w/ Seated Leg Curl 5X12
    Hammer Strength Standing Leg Curl 4X12
    5x6-8 means 5 set of 6-8 reps each set, right? If so, damn, that is a lot of sets... You just train differently than I do. On my "heavy days" I only do 2-3 sets of squats and a total of 6 sets for quads.

I think squats, lunges (I prefer doing them stationary/IE split squat), and bulgarian split squats (lunges with back leg up on a bench) are great exercises for glutes. I've never done a Jeffereson before, so I couldn't say about those. Also, I'd say that going deep on squats recruits the glutes more than if you stay above parallel.

*on a side note, be careful when you go REALLY deep on squats (ass to grass), this might be a bit rough on your knees.

As for hamstrings, I like stiff legged deadlifts best and glute ham raises second best. If you don't have access to a glute ham raise machine, you can do it like Layne Norton does (search youtube) and put a flat bench next to the lat pulldown machine....

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Dekota View Post
    Progress photos look great. Give's one motivation to stay natural
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Dekota
    replied
    Originally posted by Maryland Muscle View Post
    I go a little bellow 90 on Heavy days and on the other days "Ass to Grass"
    k I try to go 90 during mass and when I lighten up I'll do a full range of motion.

Leave a comment:

• Maryland Muscle
    replied
    Originally posted by Dekota View Post
    So on heavy squat days you don't do full reps? Do you just go 90? just curious not flaming.
    I go a little bellow 90 on Heavy days and on the other days "Ass to Grass"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X