Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extremenergy3
    replied
    Originally posted by Quelly View Post
    yes I will hopefully Alberto and I will be able to get a training session in with you this extended offseason if your interested, I think that would kick ass
    NorCal training session? for sure

Leave a comment:

• FlexMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by KMH23 View Post
    Hey Jeff, question about training. A while back I remember you saying you drove to a different gym to use a trap bar for dl and that you felt they were more of a leg exercise for you. I have one at my gym and Im curious about it. I like to dl from the floor but rarely do bc I feel more lower body than upper and I would rather do stiffs which I feel better. Do you still use it? How do you count it as far as bodypart? Quads, Hams, Glutes?
    I use it often too. Layne Norton does too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTS_NujVe6Y"]YouTube - 555 lb deadlift for 5 reps[/ame]

Leave a comment:

• KMH23
    replied
    Hey Jeff, question about training. A while back I remember you saying you drove to a different gym to use a trap bar for dl and that you felt they were more of a leg exercise for you. I have one at my gym and Im curious about it. I like to dl from the floor but rarely do bc I feel more lower body than upper and I would rather do stiffs which I feel better. Do you still use it? How do you count it as far as bodypart? Quads, Hams, Glutes?

Leave a comment:

• BB
    replied
    That whole time thing can really be a bummer lol. It's a fun journey though.

lol @ #2

I really doubt you have even gotten close to your peak and when that happens (5+ years?) you'll win that show or any show hands down. With a few pounds here and there pretty soon you'll be close to the top of the light heavies and you will look ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Quelly
    replied
    Originally posted by jrod View Post
    Hell yeah!

2011, thats a good amount of time to get that 8-10 pounds... You'll get there.
    yes I will hopefully Alberto and I will be able to get a training session in with you this extended offseason if your interested, I think that would kick ass

Leave a comment:

• Flynn44
    replied
    2) I need to show up on a year where I look better than everyone else
    LOL! It's good to see that you retained a sense of humor .

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by BB View Post
    Just curious, what are the things you need to improve on to win the show?
    Two things in general I need to win this show:

1) I need to get bigger. I think my proportions are fine, so its a matter of putting on more muscle (in other words, TIME).

2) I need to show up on a year where I look better than everyone else (I think eventually this will happen if I keep showing up for many years)

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by mrky03 View Post
    Spoken like a true champion Jeff! You do look your best ever in my opinion! You have a great attitude toward the sport and you are so right, don't worry about the things you can't control, just come in at your best(and you did!) and let the cards fall where they may! Just keep doing what you do! You are an inspiration for a whole generation of young natural bodybuilders!
    Thanks, Mr. KY; I appreciate that.

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    I am, I essentially need to add a solid 8-10lbs of mass to really walk away with a pro card uncontested if I am as conditioned as I was this season....and I plan on stepping back on stage in 2011...its been a long prep started jan 2nd and this was my 5th show.

So lets both have some productive gains!
    Hell yeah!

2011, thats a good amount of time to get that 8-10 pounds... You'll get there.

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Genetix View Post
    Jeff, it was a pleasure to speak with you at the Team Universe. I think you have a tremendous physique and a great attitude as your above post has displayed. I wish you the very best in this off season and look forward to seeing you again at next year's Team Universe.

Matt Cena
    Thanks, and same to you, Matt; good seeing you again.

Good luck with your more structured eating this offseason, I hope that pays off (I really think it will).

I'm sure we'll meet again at TU.

Take care!

Leave a comment:

• BB
    replied
    Just curious, what are the things you need to improve on to win the show?

Leave a comment:

• mrky03
    replied
    Spoken like a true champion Jeff! You do look your best ever in my opinion! You have a great attitude toward the sport and you are so right, don't worry about the things you can't control, just come in at your best(and you did!) and let the cards fall where they may! Just keep doing what you do! You are an inspiration for a whole generation of young natural bodybuilders!

Leave a comment:

• Quelly
    replied
    I know exactly how that is (being busy and not getting back online till after).

Good for you that you looked your best ever; congratulations on that! I think my situation at the TU was similar to yours. I looked my best ever, took second, yet was very happy with the overall experience. It sounds like you have a great attitude about it.

I'm assuming you're back to the offseason now and I bet you're as excited as I was to get back into it. Have a great offseason!
    I am, I essentially need to add a solid 8-10lbs of mass to really walk away with a pro card uncontested if I am as conditioned as I was this season....and I plan on stepping back on stage in 2011...its been a long prep started jan 2nd and this was my 5th show.

So lets both have some productive gains!

Leave a comment:

• Genetix
    replied
    Jeff, it was a pleasure to speak with you at the Team Universe. I think you have a tremendous physique and a great attitude as your above post has displayed. I wish you the very best in this off season and look forward to seeing you again at next year's Team Universe.

Matt Cena

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    would have responded but I was actually 2 days out when I posted that lol...just finally got back online...I looked my best at this show and I took a close second to the eventual pro card winner at the show in a stacked class...I am very happy with that....like you, I'd love to have won, but its not about that.
    I know exactly how that is (being busy and not getting back online till after).

Good for you that you looked your best ever; congratulations on that! I think my situation at the TU was similar to yours. I looked my best ever, took second, yet was very happy with the overall experience. It sounds like you have a great attitude about it.

I'm assuming you're back to the offseason now and I bet you're as excited as I was to get back into it. Have a great offseason!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X