Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crou,

Here were my totals on training days as I was getting ready for the 2007 TU.

14weeks out: 395C, 499P, 33.5F = 3878

10wo: 312C, 430P, 11F = 3067

5wo: 258C, 390, 10F = 2682

2wo (lowest): 230C, 376P, 8F = 2496
    Jeff Rodriguez
    www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jrod View Post
      Crou,

Here were my totals on training days as I was getting ready for the 2007 TU.

14weeks out: 395C, 499P, 33.5F = 3878

10wo: 312C, 430P, 11F = 3067

5wo: 258C, 390, 10F = 2682

2wo (lowest): 230C, 376P, 8F = 2496
      Jeff,
      Your the man thanks... I really appreciate it
      NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

East 14th is International, right? Hahaha, I drive by there almost everyday; its on my way to the gym. I can see how you'd think it was fucked up, but I don't think its that bad. Where I live, about 2 miles NE of that intersection, is pretty nice (and convenient) in my opinion. I lived in San Francisco for most of my life and there are enough places that look like E14th and Fruitvale there, so I'm used to it.

Where do you live?
        I live in stockton now, which is another shithole.

Ive been here for about a year now, I moved from Modesto, which I actually liked(and is a very good bodybuilding town, there is like a hyoooge underground bodybuilding community in that town, its pretty cool). But I got a job here in stockton so thats why im here now, plus my girlfriend ( who i live with) is from out here, and she is close to her family, so i guess it isnt all that bad.

But i want to get away from this area, Im thinking maybe sacramento, but im going to have to wait til i get transferred for that.

Comment

• Jeff,
          I really wanted to thank you for all your help and not getting annoying by me haha. I definitley think the water manipulation helped me sooo much. I appreciate it.
          NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Originally posted by crou View Post
            Jeff,
            I really wanted to thank you for all your help and not getting annoying by me haha. I definitley think the water manipulation helped me sooo much. I appreciate it.
            Of course, Crou. It was no problem. I'm glad it helped.

Took a look at your avatar picture. Its a bit blurry, but looks like your conditioning was pretty good (detail on the side of your leg and glute). Also, thats a nice, big trophy (looks like more than a regular trophy); did you win your class or the overall?

Either way, good job and congratulations on doing your first show.
            Jeff Rodriguez
            www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

Of course, Crou. It was no problem. I'm glad it helped.

Took a look at your avatar picture. Its a bit blurry, but looks like your conditioning was pretty good (detail on the side of your leg and glute). Also, thats a nice, big trophy (looks like more than a regular trophy); did you win your class or the overall?

Either way, good job and congratulations on doing your first show.
              I actually won the overall! I got my pro card(which i didnt expect at all)
              I'll post some pics in here for you.
              NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Couple pics for ya.
                Attached Files
                NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• I also wanted to know if you could give me some advice on what body parts I need to improve on and how long I should wait to compete again so I can come in bigger and improved.
                  NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

I actually won the overall! I got my pro card(which i didnt expect at all)
                    I'll post some pics in here for you.
                    You look good, Crou! Nice conditioning. Good job, looks like you guessed right on your first time dieting.

WHOAH, so you got your pro card at your first show! Congratulations!!!! I guess that means you'll be competing in the pro division of this organization now, right? Which organization is it, by the way?

Originally posted by crou View Post
                    I also wanted to know if you could give me some advice on what body parts I need to improve on and how long I should wait to compete again so I can come in bigger and improved.
                    As for what to improve on, I think more important than bringing up a specific part is overall size and thickness. I wouldn't worry too much about trying to bring up one thing in particular up, rather I'd worry about improving on everything. From the above pictures, I don't see any glaring weaknesses.

As for how much time off, that is totally up to you. Depends on long it takes for you to get back to your previous off-season level (amount of muscle), then how long it takes to put on muscle (you'll figure this out as it happens this time around). Obviously the longer you wait, the more improvements you can make. I'd say set a goal for a show in 2008 and shoot for that; or, have a couple of shows you'd possibly do, one in the winter, one in spring, one in summer, and start dieting once you're happy with the improvements you made.

As you'll probably notice, there's a nice rebound effect after having dieted for a long time (you improve quickly right after). Take advantage of this time.

Again, Congratulations!
                    Jeff Rodriguez
                    www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

You look good, Crou! Nice conditioning. Good job, looks like you guessed right on your first time dieting.

WHOAH, so you got your pro card at your first show! Congratulations!!!! I guess that means you'll be competing in the pro division of this organization now, right? Which organization is it, by the way?

As for what to improve on, I think more important than bringing up a specific part is overall size and thickness. I wouldn't worry too much about trying to bring up one thing in particular up, rather I'd worry about improving on everything. From the above pictures, I don't see any glaring weaknesses.

As for how much time off, that is totally up to you. Depends on long it takes for you to get back to your previous off-season level (amount of muscle), then how long it takes to put on muscle (you'll figure this out as it happens this time around). Obviously the longer you wait, the more improvements you can make. I'd say set a goal for a show in 2008 and shoot for that; or, have a couple of shows you'd possibly do, one in the winter, one in spring, one in summer, and start dieting once you're happy with the improvements you made.

As you'll probably notice, there's a nice rebound effect after having dieted for a long time (you improve quickly right after). Take advantage of this time.

Again, Congratulations!
                      Jeff,
                      Thank you for all the kind words. The organization is the NGA. I would like to compete at 150 at the next show I do so that would mean adding 10 lbs of muscle before I hit the stage again since I competed at 140 in this show. Also, I would like to try the Team Universe at some point but I dont know how much I would have to improve to compete with the bantams or lightweights there... from your experience with it what do you think?
                      NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

Jeff,
                        Thank you for all the kind words. The organization is the NGA. I would like to compete at 150 at the next show I do so that would mean adding 10 lbs of muscle before I hit the stage again since I competed at 140 in this show. Also, I would like to try the Team Universe at some point but I dont know how much I would have to improve to compete with the bantams or lightweights there... from your experience with it what do you think?

From my experience I can say that I was very happy I did the show; and not necesarrily cause of my placing, rather because it was a great experience to step on stage with some of the top natural bodybuilders in the nation. I can't tell you that you should do it cause you'll place top 5 for sure, or you shouldn't cause you wont--its hard to say as I've never seen you in person. I think the Team Universe is a great show, and if you want a good, tough show then it might be a good one to do.

Also, if you decide to do the TU next year, then you've got a whole year to make improvements!

Couldn't find one of the bantams, but here's a picture of the top 3 lightweights from '07 TU.
                        Attached Files
                        Jeff Rodriguez
                        www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Hey Jeff,
                          Hope youre doing well buddy. I was wondering if you could take a look at my bulking diet for this winter. It will be my first “offseason” as I will be competing in the fall of 2008 in a natural show and I have my training plan dialled in however would like your input about my diet. I will do a pretty heavy clean bulk until Jan 1 then change my training and diet again as progress inevitably slows.
                          My goals are to put on about 6-8 lbs of muscle over this 3 month period and not exceed 13% bfat. I have listed all my information below. I will be doing cardio 4-5 times a week in the a.m. on an empty stomach for 30-40 mins at low intensity walking on treadmill. Whatever suggestions you have about macro counts, numbers, food choices regarding carb sources….timing …etc please offer…
                          On a side note, knowing your offseason diet I know my protein is significantly lower than yours, however, id like to try a lower protein amount to see if I respond well to it as I have trouble digesting a lot of protein and feel very bloated/gassy.
                          thx jeff you and the other natural bbuilders who offer your time to help here are a true motivation for me.

Goal
                          Height: 6'0 inches, Bodyfat 10.5%
                          Weight: Post Cardio a.m. naked 184.5/ At Gym 191.5lbs
                          BMR: 1987
                          Maintenance: 3379
                          Bulking: 3379+500= 3879
                          Ratio: 30p/60c/10f %
                          Calories: 1163.7 p/ 2327.4c/387.9f
                          Grams: 291g protein/ 581g carbs/ 43g fat

1045 am Pre Cardio:
                          1serv. Glutamine/Creatine
                          Meal 1 Noon:
                          Oats+BlueBerries,Egg Whites+spinach ( 32p, 120c, 0f)
                          Train 2pm(2 hours after meal 1)
                          Mid-Workout Drink 230pm:
                          Gatorade, Whey, creatine, glutamine (24p,33c,0f)
                          Meal 2 Post-Workout Shake 5 pm:
                          Gatorade, Whey, Creatine (48p,66c,0f)
                          Meal 3 (1 3/4 hr. after pwo shake) 6:45pm:
                          Extra Lean G. Beef, Green Beans, Onion+ Basmati Brown Rice (40p,120c,10f)
                          Meal 4 (2 hr. after meal 3)8:45pm:
                          2 scoop 100% whey+ Sweet Potato (48p,120c, 0f)
                          Meal 5(2.5 hrs after meal 4)11:15pm:
                          Beef,Green Beans, Onion + Basmati Brown Rice (40p, 120c,10f)
                          Meal 6(3 hrs after meal 5)2am:
                          2 scoops Optimum 100% Whey+Almonds (59p, 0c,23f)

Supplements:

Glutamine: 3 servings/day: taken before cardio, during workout and post workout
                          Multivitamin: 2 x per day
                          Vitamin C: 1000mg 2 x per day (anti-oxidant)
                          Vitamin E: (with Selenium) 400IU 2x per day (anti-oxidant)
                          Omega-3 Fish Oil: Pills 1000mg2-3x per day (essential omega-3 fats)
                          Evening Primrose Oil: 1300mg 2 x per day (essential omega-6 fats)
                          MSM Powder: 2000mg 2 x per day: (for joints and tissue repair)

Creatine: 10g/day
                          Glucosamine sulfate: 1000mg 2x per day (joint repair, ligament repair)

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryjuice View Post
                            Hey Jeff,
                            Hope youre doing well buddy. I was wondering if you could take a look at my bulking diet for this winter. It will be my first “offseason” as I will be competing in the fall of 2008 in a natural show and I have my training plan dialled in however would like your input about my diet. I will do a pretty heavy clean bulk until Jan 1 then change my training and diet again as progress inevitably slows.
                            My goals are to put on about 6-8 lbs of muscle over this 3 month period and not exceed 13% bfat. I have listed all my information below. I will be doing cardio 4-5 times a week in the a.m. on an empty stomach for 30-40 mins at low intensity walking on treadmill. Whatever suggestions you have about macro counts, numbers, food choices regarding carb sources….timing …etc please offer…
                            On a side note, knowing your offseason diet I know my protein is significantly lower than yours, however, id like to try a lower protein amount to see if I respond well to it as I have trouble digesting a lot of protein and feel very bloated/gassy.
                            thx jeff you and the other natural bbuilders who offer your time to help here are a true motivation for me.

Goal
                            Height: 6'0 inches, Bodyfat 10.5%
                            Weight: Post Cardio a.m. naked 184.5/ At Gym 191.5lbs
                            BMR: 1987
                            Maintenance: 3379
                            Bulking: 3379+500= 3879
                            Ratio: 30p/60c/10f %
                            Calories: 1163.7 p/ 2327.4c/387.9f
                            Grams: 291g protein/ 581g carbs/ 43g fat

1045 am Pre Cardio:
                            1serv. Glutamine/Creatine
                            Meal 1 Noon:
                            Oats+BlueBerries,Egg Whites+spinach ( 32p, 120c, 0f)
                            Train 2pm(2 hours after meal 1)
                            Mid-Workout Drink 230pm:
                            Gatorade, Whey, creatine, glutamine (24p,33c,0f)
                            Meal 2 Post-Workout Shake 5 pm:
                            Gatorade, Whey, Creatine (48p,66c,0f)
                            Meal 3 (1 3/4 hr. after pwo shake) 6:45pm:
                            Extra Lean G. Beef, Green Beans, Onion+ Basmati Brown Rice (40p,120c,10f)
                            Meal 4 (2 hr. after meal 3)8:45pm:
                            2 scoop 100% whey+ Sweet Potato (48p,120c, 0f)
                            Meal 5(2.5 hrs after meal 4)11:15pm:
                            Beef,Green Beans, Onion + Basmati Brown Rice (40p, 120c,10f)
                            Meal 6(3 hrs after meal 5)2am:
                            2 scoops Optimum 100% Whey+Almonds (59p, 0c,23f)

Supplements:

Glutamine: 3 servings/day: taken before cardio, during workout and post workout
                            Multivitamin: 2 x per day
                            Vitamin C: 1000mg 2 x per day (anti-oxidant)
                            Vitamin E: (with Selenium) 400IU 2x per day (anti-oxidant)
                            Omega-3 Fish Oil: Pills 1000mg2-3x per day (essential omega-3 fats)
                            Evening Primrose Oil: 1300mg 2 x per day (essential omega-6 fats)
                            MSM Powder: 2000mg 2 x per day: (for joints and tissue repair)
                            Creatine: 10g/day
                            Glucosamine sulfate: 1000mg 2x per day (joint repair, ligament repair)
                            No problem, Jerry.

Okay, here are my suggestions:

**I would advise AGAINST doing cardio on an empty stomach. I suggest you get a meal in before doing your cardio. Now, if you MUST do cardio at this time, on an empty stomach, then i suggest you have some sort of high GI carbs afterwards (oats + blueberries are slow).

**Regarding your workout drinks, I would suggest you have dextrose instead of gatorade (aside from the fact that I think its a better choice, its cheaper too!).

**This has nothing to do with your meals, but if I understood what you wrote down correctly, you train from 2pm till 5pm! 3 hours is a long time to train.
                            Jeff Rodriguez
                            www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Okay, here are my suggestions:

**I would advise AGAINST doing cardio on an empty stomach. I suggest you get a meal in before doing your cardio. Now, if you MUST do cardio at this time, on an empty stomach, then i suggest you have some sort of high GI carbs afterwards (oats + blueberries are slow).

**Regarding your workout drinks, I would suggest you have dextrose instead of gatorade (aside from the fact that I think its a better choice, its cheaper too!).

**This has nothing to do with your meals, but if I understood what you wrote down correctly, you train from 2pm till 5pm! 3 hours is a long time to train.

Great! Thanx Jeff. I will change the gatorade with dextrose and move cardio to post workout.
                              I workout from 230-4ish....will be sipping the wkout drink all the way through and after stretching and busing home i usually get home at 430ish and then have my shake so no not 3hr workouts lol.
                              Anything else at all bro? I was abit worried about the carbs being so high? Also should i taper carbs as the night progresses or keep them relatively at the same number.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryjuice View Post
                                Okay, here are my suggestions:

Great! Thanx Jeff. I will change the gatorade with dextrose and move cardio to post workout.
                                I workout from 230-4ish....will be sipping the wkout drink all the way through and after stretching and busing home i usually get home at 430ish and then have my shake so no not 3hr workouts lol.
                                Anything else at all bro? I was abit worried about the carbs being so high? Also should i taper carbs as the night progresses or keep them relatively at the same number.
                                Yeah, that does seem like a lot of carbs; you probably don't need that much. But, I thought that, since you didn't want to eat more protien, that is how you get most of your calories.

Your total calories are close to mine (off season), but the ratios are different. If you do want to eat that many carbs, then maybe what you should do is just keep an eye on how much bodyfat you put on (if you do) and before it gets past what you're comfortable with, then lower the carbs till you find a happy medium.

As for tapering the carbs at night, I think the bigger issue is the grand total at the end of the day; no need to stop eating carbs at night.

Regarding the post workout shake, I'd suggest you have that IMMEDIATELY after training; don't wait till you get home after taking the bus.
                                Jeff Rodriguez
                                www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

Working...
                                X