Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrod View Post
    From my experience I can say that I was very happy I did the show; and not necesarrily cause of my placing, rather because it was a great experience to step on stage with some of the top natural bodybuilders in the nation. I can't tell you that you should do it cause you'll place top 5 for sure, or you shouldn't cause you wont--its hard to say as I've never seen you in person. I think the Team Universe is a great show, and if you want a good, tough show then it might be a good one to do.

Also, if you decide to do the TU next year, then you've got a whole year to make improvements!

Couldn't find one of the bantams, but here's a picture of the top 3 lightweights from '07 TU.
    I guess I just have to be constantly evaluating myself. I think I may follow your off-season diet from your website. Although, I feel like I would have to add some cardio to it bc I gain fat easily. After my binging Sunday-Tuesday I have already become bloated and just feel disgusting. I started back in the gym on Monday though, hope to get a nice little rebound.
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• hey jeff,
      i think i prob know the answer to this question for a disciplined and well organized guy like you but i was wondering what your opinion is on a cheat meal/day?
      Firstly, do you have cheat meals or a cheat day in the Offseason? if so how does it differ from your structured diet? what foods does it incorporate...what kind of quality?
      Secondly, if you have cheat days/meals during your cutting or pre contest stage and again, what it consitsts of and how dirty it is...etc?
      Beginning my offseason diet this coming monday ill be more than stuffed with the additional 500 calories over maintenance and extra carbs but ill still have that craving for something "different" by sunday night (a night where i generally have my cheat meal)....i usually go to an all you can eat sushi joint and just binge till i feel sick...its very hard to control....whats your take on the above? thx dude

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryjuice View Post
        hey jeff,
        i think i prob know the answer to this question for a disciplined and well organized guy like you but i was wondering what your opinion is on a cheat meal/day?
        Firstly, do you have cheat meals or a cheat day in the Offseason? if so how does it differ from your structured diet? what foods does it incorporate...what kind of quality?
        Secondly, if you have cheat days/meals during your cutting or pre contest stage and again, what it consitsts of and how dirty it is...etc?
        Beginning my offseason diet this coming monday ill be more than stuffed with the additional 500 calories over maintenance and extra carbs but ill still have that craving for something "different" by sunday night (a night where i generally have my cheat meal)....i usually go to an all you can eat sushi joint and just binge till i feel sick...its very hard to control....whats your take on the above? thx dude

Off season: I do not have a set, planned out cheat day/meal. I usually go on long streaks of eating what I'm supposed to eat (according to my off season plan) before any deviation. This is not necessarily because it is in my plan to avoid cheatmeals, but because I rarely find myself wanting to cheat. I fall into sort of a groove/pattern and just keep eating my regular food and don't really think much about wanting to eat other things. I really enjoy fish, chicken, and steak so eating the way I do isn't a problem (if I wasn't a bodybuilder, a lot of my meals would probably be similar anyways). Also, when you're trying to eat a lot of clean food, it keeps you pretty full (especially when your diet is very high in protein like mine; protein keeps you full). Now, if I want to have a cheat meal (like the sushi you mentioned) then I would, I would just make it during a time that doesn't interfere with my pre/post workout nutrition (later in the day).

Pre contest: NEVER!!! The moment I start dieting for a show I NEVER, EVER cheat.

I don't think there is anything wrong with having a cheat meal/day once a week in your off season; especially if it helps keep you on track the rest of the week. You've gotta find a balance which keeps you happy and if this means getting to eat the foods you want once a week then there's nothing wrong with that.
        Jeff Rodriguez
        www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Jeff,
          You ever gonna be training around PA?
          NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Originally posted by crou View Post
            Jeff,
            You ever gonna be training around PA?
            You never know, maybe one day. For now, though, I don't have any plans to be around PA. In fact, the only other place than CA I PLAN on being next year is NY for the Team Universe. Maybe I'll see you there...
            Jeff Rodriguez
            www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

You never know, maybe one day. For now, though, I don't have any plans to be around PA. In fact, the only other place than CA I PLAN on being next year is NY for the Team Universe. Maybe I'll see you there...
              I really want to. Ive circled it into my mental calendar and its what I have been using as some motivation. I just want to know if I have a chance at winning the bantams. I cant find any pictures of the two competitors that were in it last year. Coates and Figgs I believe. I dont want to go there just to compete... I want to take the bantams.
              NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Here is the winner of the bantams, Jason Coats, in the 06 TU

NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• looks like skip lacour in the face!!

sam

Comment

• His name is Paul Coats. I met him in 2006 at the TU; he won his class then too. He's a really nice guy. I've had a lot of fun talking with him backstage these two years, so I hope he comes back in '08.
                    Jeff Rodriguez
                    www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

His name is Paul Coats. I met him in 2006 at the TU; he won his class then too. He's a really nice guy. I've had a lot of fun talking with him backstage these two years, so I hope he comes back in '08.
                      Attached Files
                      Jeff Rodriguez
                      www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• He looks good... I know you have never seen me in person but judging by pictures, in your opinion could I compete with him?
                        NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

He looks good... I know you have never seen me in person but judging by pictures, in your opinion could I compete with him?
                          From those pictures I saw of you, I can say that your conditioning would hold its own. Could you "compete" with him? Of course you could. I don't think anyone would say, "damn that guy (either you or him) was beat so badly he shouldn't have even shown up."

Haha, I can say this for sure: had you done the TU as a bantam this year I'm sure you would be in the top 3!

Sounds like you are seriously considering doing the TU next year. My advice: DO IT!
                          Jeff Rodriguez
                          www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

From those pictures I saw of you, I can say that your conditioning would hold its own. Could you "compete" with him? Of course you could. I don't think anyone would say, "damn that guy (either you or him) was beat so badly he shouldn't have even shown up."

Haha, I can say this for sure: had you done the TU as a bantam this year I'm sure you would be in the top 3!

Sounds like you are seriously considering doing the TU next year. My advice: DO IT!
                            Haha thats true... why were there only 2 last year? When I looked at 05 and years before there were many more competitors in the bantams. Im pretty sure I'm going to do it I'm just going to have to keep evaluating myself. It would be great to be able to compete at the same show with you though. I feel like you are a mentor to me already just from answering all my dumb questions haha.
                            NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

Haha thats true... why were there only 2 last year? When I looked at 05 and years before there were many more competitors in the bantams. Im pretty sure I'm going to do it I'm just going to have to keep evaluating myself. It would be great to be able to compete at the same show with you though. I feel like you are a mentor to me already just from answering all my dumb questions haha.
                              HAHAHAHA... Not "dumb questions."

I don't know why there were only two, but there will probably be more next year.

It'll be good to see you there, Crou.

I think you'll have to qualify for it, though. So, you'll have to compete in an NPC show before doing it.
                              Jeff Rodriguez
                              www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Hey Jeff,
                                i happened to watch your "in the trenches" vid again last night , along with a few other leg training "in the trenches" videos of other bodybuilders..and i noticed you mentioned that you train in 8-10 week cycles then take a week off. I have decided to switch my training program re: exercises, rep range..etc every 2 months, however, i didnt plan on taking the week off before my new program. Do you thing taking the week off is optimal? What do u feel about perhaps instead of taking the week off, using that in between week to test out the new exercises or new program at say a 60% intensity...kind of allowing your body a transition into the new training cycle..etc?
                                Also, where are you at right now in terms of "offseason?" Keep us posted with your updates you have more fans than u think! thanx bro

Comment

Working...
                                X