Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
    damn bro, i already commented on these on getbig. But ur looking awesome.

    It looks like your goin to have to leave the middleweights and go to light heavies, just lookin too big and lean in the offseason now.
    Thanks, Flex. I hope I'm a light-heavy next year. I really thought I was going to be this year ('07); but I was close enough to the cut-off that I decided I to try to make it and did. If I really want to make it, as I could have this year, all I have to do is load on water the day of weigh-ins; then I'd surely make it. But we'll see how it goes next year. Hopefully I can be closer to 180lbs. super dry and lean!
    Jeff Rodriguez
    www.jrodfitness.com

    Comment


    • Great pics jeff! I laugh when you call that "offseason"...that would be like the final weeks of my summer cutting or dieting lol. You do no cardio offseason right??
      x2 for Jeff Rodriguez in the trenches offseason.....Jeff you ever think of making a training video of all your training days plus a sit down on your nutrition theories??

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jerryjuice View Post
        Great pics jeff! I laugh when you call that "offseason"...that would be like the final weeks of my summer cutting or dieting lol. You do no cardio offseason right??
        x2 for Jeff Rodriguez in the trenches offseason.....Jeff you ever think of making a training video of all your training days plus a sit down on your nutrition theories??

        Guys like Jeff dont have theories , they just know the facts! ; )
        TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
        Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jerryjuice View Post
          Great pics jeff! I laugh when you call that "offseason"...that would be like the final weeks of my summer cutting or dieting lol. You do no cardio offseason right??
          x2 for Jeff Rodriguez in the trenches offseason.....Jeff you ever think of making a training video of all your training days plus a sit down on your nutrition theories??
          he seriously looks as lean or leaner than most offseason pros

          Comment


          • Ya I agree. He is shockingly lean....Especially when you factor in he does no cardio in the offseason ( i think?), he trains with very low reps and takes moderate time in between sets and he is taking a calorie surplus with a moderate/high amount of carbs. whats the secret jrod?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jerryjuice View Post
              Great pics jeff! I laugh when you call that "offseason"...that would be like the final weeks of my summer cutting or dieting lol. You do no cardio offseason right??
              x2 for Jeff Rodriguez in the trenches offseason.....Jeff you ever think of making a training video of all your training days plus a sit down on your nutrition theories??
              That's correct, no cardio off-season.

              I've never seriously thought about making a video. I've thought a couple of times about filming a week of training--might be fun--but the editing might be some trouble. Also, i train alone, so i'd have to get someone to come along because filming myself might not work too well. Maybe one day???

              Now an off-season In The trenches, that would be much easier.
              Jeff Rodriguez
              www.jrodfitness.com

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jerryjuice View Post
                Ya I agree. He is shockingly lean....Especially when you factor in he does no cardio in the offseason ( i think?), he trains with very low reps and takes moderate time in between sets and he is taking a calorie surplus with a moderate/high amount of carbs. whats the secret jrod?
                Well, I've shared a lot of my training and nutrition secrets, so it might be this one...

                Attached Files
                Jeff Rodriguez
                www.jrodfitness.com

                Comment


                • dude dave sent me a couple containers (vanilla and chery vanilla) to review. And damn they are amazin. Mixes great, taste great, pure isolate.............u cant really beat it, the only thing is taht it cost too much for me to use regularly.

                  But yea that might be ur secret, its the best protein ive ever had.

                  Comment


                  • True I gotta get that Sams Club brand haha. EAS 27 bucks for a 6 lb bag. Jeff your back is crazy.
                    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by crou View Post
                      True I gotta get that Sams Club brand haha. EAS 27 bucks for a 6 lb bag. Jeff your back is crazy.
                      I got this one from costco as well.............its ok, but a bit grainy tasting.

                      Comment


                      • damm you have great genetic to do well in this sport..
                        never seen one like you in offseason lokking really big og ripped
                        and not taking drugs og doing cadio and eating 3800 kcal a day

                        what ever i do i will never come close to you NEVER...
                        you got the genetic to get big og ripped at you see fast results in your work out... love the thread on ytour water and sodium intake.. leard a lot from that

                        Comment


                        • Color

                          Jrod,

                          Your color looks great in the TU pics. What product do you use?
                          www.naturaliowamuscle.com
                          www.heartlandclassic.com

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MR BRYAN View Post
                            damm you have great genetic to do well in this sport..
                            never seen one like you in offseason lokking really big og ripped
                            and not taking drugs og doing cadio and eating 3800 kcal a day

                            what ever i do i will never come close to you NEVER...
                            you got the genetic to get big og ripped at you see fast results in your work out... love the thread on ytour water and sodium intake.. leard a lot from that
                            First of all, thank you.

                            Now, regarding your comment about you NEVER coming close to me, If this is something you want then why can't you?

                            How do you know you will NEVER "come close" to me? Whats stopping you? Is it your genetics? If thats your answer then I say how do you know you've reached your full potential or what it even is? Is it because you aren't willing to make time, work hard and long enough, or be persistent enough to achieve it? If so, thats fine; you just don't want it THAT bad.

                            I don't want this to come across sounding mean, I just want you to know that there's nothing stopping you from getting there. And if it so happens to be that you never get "there," I can guarantee you that you will get to a point at which you are happy and proud of your physique/efforts. Cause, after all, even a guy with the worst genetics for bodybuilding can build a pretty damn good physique with enough effort and persistence.

                            Ever heard this quote? Think about it:

                            WHERE THE MIND GOES, THE BODY WILL FOLLOW
                            Jeff Rodriguez
                            www.jrodfitness.com

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DEDICATE92 View Post
                              Jrod,

                              Your color looks great in the TU pics. What product do you use?
                              I used a combination of protan + dyoderm. I had about 2 coats of protan followed by one coat of a mixture of 1/2 protan, 1/2 dyoderm. However, for the finals at this year's TU, we were on stage so late that by the time I took my clothes off to pump up I realized I had rubbed a lot of my protan off. Fortunately One of the Protan girls (Nicky) put Protan's Quick Bronze on me. So if you like my color at the finals, then Quick Bronze is what you should get. Its a pretty good, last minute product. Its similar to dream tan, but I think it looks a lot better. A lot of people that I thought had good color at the show told me they used Jan Tana, so I might give that a try next year.
                              Jeff Rodriguez
                              www.jrodfitness.com

                              Comment


                              • I started a blog yesterday. I'm going to start posting how my training is going, what I did, weights I used, and some other random thoughts. If anyone wants to see it there's a link at

                                www.speciesnutrition.com
                                Jeff Rodriguez
                                www.jrodfitness.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X