Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LeePriestLover View Post
    Jrod, I became a fan after watching your in the trenches video. You're awesome! I'd like to know when you're going to show us how you perform your chest / tricep movements. I'm very interested in seeing your strict form on these. I'm guilty of using alot of heavy weights and loving it as I'm getting good results, but I can't help but think I'd get better results by giving my ego a rest.

    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Thanks, man. I'd be happy to do a chest/triceps in the trenches (I actually spoke to Bill Comstock about this, so it may happen).

    Yeah, I think most of us have experienced what you're talking about. But, on the otherside of it, don't get WAY TOO strict with your form, either. Its a fine line...
    Jeff Rodriguez
    www.jrodfitness.com

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LeePriestLover View Post
      It's funny - I tell this to people and they still don't get it. Then again, I live in a slightly demented / idiotic place called New York City where people hear only half of what you say and all of what they think is best.

      Many times I've been about to clear a rep and they would grab the bar. Many times also they're screaming at me throughout the entire set, "ONE MORE, DO IT" when I have about 6 more in me. It's rough times here, but I'm glad that people listen.

      These days I don't go so heavy that I'd need a spot anymore though for chest, even though I still go heavier than maybe I should.

      HAHAHA, I HATE that; when people help you and you obviouslly/easily have the rep. I, too, rarely need a spot when I bench, but I usually get one just in case (I would hate to get stuck under the bar waiting for someone to rescue me--seen this too many times ). What I do sometimes (I dont always do it cause its easier to just jump straight into a specific, set up, bench press rack) is bench in a power rack with the safety rods at a height which allows me to go all the way down, but stops the bar if I set it over my neck(which is lower than my chest).
      Jeff Rodriguez
      www.jrodfitness.com

      Comment


      • Originally posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
        Jrod where u been?? U get sick or something, I know we have something goin around here in the stockton area, wouldnt be suprised if oakland had something goin around as well.

        Actually, I wasnt feeling great in the middle of last week. I wasnt sick like a cold or anything, I just felt like I couldnt keep my food down and was a bit nauseous. Also, I went on a little camping/hang out at the beach trip this weekend; but, I'm back now. Back to trying to get big...
        Jeff Rodriguez
        www.jrodfitness.com

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jrod View Post
          Actually, I wasnt feeling great in the middle of last week. I wasnt sick like a cold or anything, I just felt like I couldnt keep my food down and was a bit nauseous. Also, I went on a little camping/hang out at the beach trip this weekend; but, I'm back now. Back to trying to get big...
          Jrod - thanks for your quick answers!! Very cool!

          Question about your current diet: I know now you've been adding some good fats, moreso than you ever did previously. Could this switch to slightly higher fats be causing your nauseous feeling?

          I'm attempting the **** ******* bulk and I have to admit, eating all that natural peanut butter really fills me up, to the point where I can't eat again 2 hours later - at least not pleasurably. It's like I have to force it down.
          "This is starting to sound like an After-School Special"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jrod View Post
            Actually, I wasnt feeling great in the middle of last week. I wasnt sick like a cold or anything, I just felt like I couldnt keep my food down and was a bit nauseous. Also, I went on a little camping/hang out at the beach trip this weekend; but, I'm back now. Back to trying to get big...
            yea there are some viruses goin around here as well.........Glad to hear u got out of oakland for a bit and got some fresh air!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LeePriestLover View Post
              Jrod - thanks for your quick answers!! Very cool!

              Question about your current diet: I know now you've been adding some good fats, moreso than you ever did previously. Could this switch to slightly higher fats be causing your nauseous feeling?

              I'm attempting the **** ******* bulk and I have to admit, eating all that natural peanut butter really fills me up, to the point where I can't eat again 2 hours later - at least not pleasurably. It's like I have to force it down.
              No, no, that nauseius feeling I had was temporary. Someone I live with was feeling the same as well; must have been something going around. It went away.

              However, I have to admit, I am having a harder time this off-season than other ones getting all my scheduled meals in. You're right, I'm eating a bit more fats, so that might have something to do with it. Oh well, gotta dig deep.

              Isn't it ironic that when you're dieting, you want to eat soooo much; Appetite is so high. Then in the off-season, you are supposed to eat a lot, but have trouble doing so.
              Jeff Rodriguez
              www.jrodfitness.com

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jrod View Post
                No, no, that nauseius feeling I had was temporary. Someone I live with was feeling the same as well; must have been something going around. It went away.

                However, I have to admit, I am having a harder time this off-season than other ones getting all my scheduled meals in. You're right, I'm eating a bit more fats, so that might have something to do with it. Oh well, gotta dig deep.

                Isn't it ironic that when you're dieting, you want to eat soooo much; Appetite is so high. Then in the off-season, you are supposed to eat a lot, but have trouble doing so.
                Absolutely. I think from all of the dieting pre-contest the stomach shrinks a bit and the food just fills us up faster, which is why I understand that fats should work in this sense since we're getting double the calorie bang for the buck. But after about 2 weeks of doing a higher fat regime I'm trying to look at peanut butter / almonds / olive oil as friends and not enemies lol.

                Jeff, what are your ultimate plans in bodybuilding? Or are you taking it one year / contest / day at a time? You have the potential to do damage whereever you compete, but I also see you as a good national representative / spokesperson for natural bodybuilding and maybe a nice new organization that serves natties that is actually tested correctly, invite only to the elite natties, would maybe provide some more acceptance of bodybuilding into the community and change the opinion that if you have more muscle than me, you must be juicing. Ever ponder that?
                "This is starting to sound like an After-School Special"

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LeePriestLover View Post
                  Absolutely. I think from all of the dieting pre-contest the stomach shrinks a bit and the food just fills us up faster, which is why I understand that fats should work in this sense since we're getting double the calorie bang for the buck. But after about 2 weeks of doing a higher fat regime I'm trying to look at peanut butter / almonds / olive oil as friends and not enemies lol.

                  Jeff, what are your ultimate plans in bodybuilding? Or are you taking it one year / contest / day at a time? You have the potential to do damage whereever you compete, but I also see you as a good national representative / spokesperson for natural bodybuilding and maybe a nice new organization that serves natties that is actually tested correctly, invite only to the elite natties, would maybe provide some more acceptance of bodybuilding into the community and change the opinion that if you have more muscle than me, you must be juicing. Ever ponder that?
                  My plans regarding bodybuilding right now are not what they used to be, and are likely not what they will be in a couple years. A couple years ago my plan/goal was simply to compete and look good (in my eyes) on stage. Then it became to do the Team Universe. Right now I would be very happy to win my class at the TU, after that (or if I'm lucky at the same time!) I would like to win the show. I can't say for sure what my goal will be after that. I'm sure I'll have one, but for now I am happy just striving for my current goal of winning my class, then the show.

                  As far as being a representative/competitor of a completely natural organization, I would be happy to do so as long as this organization where the top naturals were competing and it was known for being so. To me, at least, the Team Universe is where the top naturals in the nation compete. As Tim Martin said in another thread, the Team Universe is the Superbowl of nautral bodybuilding. If this other, new organization, developed and put on a show that was what I think of as the TU, then I would gladly compete there.
                  Jeff Rodriguez
                  www.jrodfitness.com

                  Comment


                  • I'd like to see a tested IFBB league


                    wait, the IFBB already tests according to their bylaws, lol
                    MorphogenNutrition.com
                    Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

                    Comment


                    • Jrod,

                      What kind of fats have you been consuming???

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jrod View Post
                        I'm eating a bit more fats, so that might have something to do with it. Oh well, gotta dig deep.

                        Isn't it ironic that when you're dieting, you want to eat soooo much; Appetite is so high. Then in the off-season, you are supposed to eat a lot, but have trouble doing so.
                        ya, i have this problem too, fat is creating a bolus in the stomach and slowing gastric emptying causing me to be satisfied for much longer, hence not as hungry 2.5-3 hours later, but still have to force feed. weird how this changes when dieting down

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Apex23 View Post
                          Jrod,

                          What kind of fats have you been consuming???
                          Olive oil, walnuts, and fats from fish.
                          Jeff Rodriguez
                          www.jrodfitness.com

                          Comment


                          • Fuck I wish I had that problem in the off-season. I can never stop , Im a binger by nature
                            NGA Pro Bodybuilder

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by crou View Post
                              Fuck I wish I had that problem in the off-season. I can never stop , Im a binger by nature
                              Haha, lucky you, then, I dont see a problem (so long as you're eating lots of good, clean food). Sucks when you're dieting, though.

                              I've been doing this today and its worked well:

                              For my solid protein/non Isolyze meals, I cut my protein portion in half and replaced it with 1 scoop of Isolyze. For example, instead of 2 chicken breasts, I had 1 chicken breast + 1 scoop of Isolyze. This cuts down on the volume. I might start doing this more often.
                              Jeff Rodriguez
                              www.jrodfitness.com

                              Comment


                              • Jrod, whats new man.. hows training /offseason going? Pressure MD to get an in the trenches going bro! take care
                                jerry

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X