Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by RUBICON19 View Post
    You take a scheduled week off every 8 weeks, correct? Do you also do this if you are say within 10-12 weeks of competing?

Thanks!

AMAZING physique bro!
    I take anywhere from 4-7 days off (usually more like 5) every about 10 weeks.

When it comes to pre-contest time, I do it a bit differently. I will take some time (few days at most) off, OR I will just rest a bit more. I will do this in the middle of the prep, not close to the end. So maybe at about 9 or 10 weeks out. From there on, I train straight through.

Leave a comment:

• mrky03
    replied
    I say if it ain't broke don't fix it! You're conditioning is spot on and I believe you're doing the smart thing not trying to play the size game. Even if you do drop down to 175 after you cut water that doesn't mean you're any smaller. You must be doing something right CHAMP!

Leave a comment:

• RUBICON19
    replied
    You take a scheduled week off every 8 weeks, correct? Do you also do this if you are say within 10-12 weeks of competing?

Thanks!

AMAZING physique bro!

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    [quote=Fitzchivalry;1473031]If you're that lean at that weight, how do you keep going down to 175 or I should say why do you do that?
    I'm probably just as lean as I usually am in the offseason--I don't think this year is much different from before. I would rather not go down to 175, I'd rather step on stage at 190+. However, my first priority is conditioning. So I diet down until I get into great condition. I wish I could be 200lbs. in GREAT, contest shape condition, but I dont think that is going to happen (I'll try, though). I'd probably get lost in the crowd trying to come in as big as 190--I dont think I can really play the size game; but I can play the condition game. Now if I so happen to find the magic dieting formula this year that puts me at 185-190 (after being dry), then I'll be happy.

I'm not an expert by any means (neither am I), but could it be possible that you almost diet too much as it doesn't appear that you change a whole lot in terms of leanness between 190 or 175?
    Well, I am usually about 185-190 BEFORE doing anything with my water; at 2 days out. So I'm just as lean at 187 as I am at 175. The difference is, I am dryer at 175 than 185-190. I don't know why I have such a drastic reaction when going from a lot to normal amount of water, but that is just how I respond. Further more, I weigh in at 175, but probably am closer to 178-180 on stage.

I could be wrong, though as, like I said, my eye is untrained in this area.

In reality, I could be totally wrong (not doing the optimal thing) too. I just do what I think is best, but this may not be the ideal/optimal way for me to do. And as of now, what I have done in the past is the best I know how to do it (I dont know any better). If I learn differently this year, then great! If not, then as long as I look better than before, I'm still happy.

I am trying to do it a bit differently this year, however. I'm starting further out in an attempt to be able to eat more food for longer. And instead of dropping calories at the beginning like I have in the past, I'd like to try doing more cardio and keeping the calories higher. Furthermore, starting this far out gives me a chance to try eating more food and still have time to diet if it doesnt work. If I realize at 10 weeks out that this whole more food, more cardio thing doesn't work, then I still have 10 more weeks to do it like i have in the past (and since I'm already in decent shape, I wont be that far behind).

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    Jeff you look freaking out of this world in those last pics!
    Thanks, Alberto!

How's training coming along? What show/s do you have planned for this year?

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by mrky03 View Post
    Dude, you never get fat! lol Seriously you look great already, can't wait to see you wipe out the competition again this year!

I see you've switched to waxy maize this year. I used it last year for my contest prep and I like it a lot. Have you noticed yourself feeling fuller and more pumped after working out since you've been using it?
    Thanks!

No, I haven't noticed much of a difference in the way I feel because of it. Then again, I'm really bad at "feeling" whether supplements work or not when it comes to food type supplements (I can feel coffee/caffeine).

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
    I skated from about 1993 until 2001 religiously until I tore my ACL in high school playing lacrosse

I dabbled in skating in college but couldn't really do anything so I got into weight training more heavily (had been doing it anyways), and here I am today

small world
    Got any skating pictures?

I don't know if you guys know much about bay area skating, but you might have heard about Hubba's Hideout, friday night skate, etc., from videos. I used to go to friday night skate almost every friday and skate downtown San Francisco. I'm pretty sure it's dead now: http://www.skatedaily.net/hubba_9_06.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Fitzchivalry
    replied
    If you're that lean at that weight, how do you keep going down to 175 or I should say why do you do that? I'm not an expert by any means, but could it be possible that you almost diet too much as it doesn't appear that you change a whole lot in terms of leanness between 190 or 175? I could be wrong, though as, like I said, my eye is untrained in this area.

Leave a comment:

• FATHER FLEX
    replied
    Jeff you look freaking out of this world in those last pics!

Leave a comment:

• mrky03
    replied
    Dude, you never get fat! lol Seriously you look great already, can't wait to see you wipe out the competition again this year!

I see you've switched to waxy maize this year. I used it last year for my contest prep and I like it a lot. Have you noticed yourself feeling fuller and more pumped after working out since you've been using it?

Leave a comment:

• bhman6
    replied
    I skated from about 1993 until 2001 religiously until I tore my ACL in high school playing lacrosse

I dabbled in skating in college but couldn't really do anything so I got into weight training more heavily (had been doing it anyways), and here I am today

small world

Leave a comment:

• devinh
    replied
    Originally posted by jrod View Post
    I stopped sometime in 2001. I started skating less and focusing on lifting more. I remember I used to get beat up from skating (bruises and stuff) and it would bother my training, so I started skating less and less.

Yeah, thats funny. Actually, my best friend growing up, Michael Aiello, got into training with me. We started out lifting together. He did end up doing 2 shows: a local show called the Chico Bodybuilding Show and the 2007 NPC Contra Costa. Aside from him, my buddy Zach August (we used to go to UC Davis) used to skate and is now a bodybuilder.

interesting stuff. i wish i would have stopped skating for lifting, but i stopped because i was getting bruised up and it was interfering with my tennis. i was going for a scholarship so i needed to be at the top of my game. now im here, nattie bodybuilding

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by devinh View Post
    hey jeff, i was watching something about you the other day, it said you used to be an aggressive inline skater huh. i used to do that as well, not sure if were were doing it at the same time or not though, i stopped in 1998, after i didn't make it to the x-games that year. small world, inline to bodybuilding, i wonder if any others have done the same?
    I stopped sometime in 2001. I started skating less and focusing on lifting more. I remember I used to get beat up from skating (bruises and stuff) and it would bother my training, so I started skating less and less.

Yeah, thats funny. Actually, my best friend growing up, Michael Aiello, got into training with me. We started out lifting together. He did end up doing 2 shows: a local show called the Chico Bodybuilding Show and the 2007 NPC Contra Costa. Aside from him, my buddy Zach August (we used to go to UC Davis) used to skate and is now a bodybuilder.

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Flynn44 View Post
    First, man I hate you - yes hater here !! Talk about getting a jump on things Jrod - you look amazing! You sure those pics aren't 9-weeks out instead of 19! In nineteen weeks, I'll be able to see your liver - looking forward to seeing what you look like in 19!

HAHAHA @ your comment above.

Leave a comment:

• devinh
    replied
    yeah, 19 weeks out just sounds crazy right now, with the condition you already have. i can't wait to see what you look like when you do get on that stage.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X