Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffdaddy View Post
    Any updates on your progress JEff.
    Right now I am on a break from training (I'll take about 5 days off). My last training cycle went pretty well as a whole, but it went particularly well for back. I'll come up with a new training split in the next few days and post it on my blog and here.

Leave a comment:

• Buffdaddy
    replied
    Any updates on your progress JEff.

Leave a comment:

• Halberstran 4 2
    replied
    Thanks Jeff!

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by 46jake View Post
    Jeff, thanks for the comment about breathing and straining. Concentrating on proper breathing has helped.
    No problem!

Leave a comment:

• 46jake
    replied
    Originally posted by jrod View Post
    I can't speak for everyone, but I would say not for me! I get pretty uncomfortable after some tough workouts (after leg day, especially), but I wouldnt say its common to get headaches.

Do you create a lot of pressure in your head by holding your breath and straining?

You might want to adress that issue (go to doctor) if it doesnt go away.
    Jeff, thanks for the comment about breathing and straining. Concentrating on proper breathing has helped.

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Halberstran 4 2 View Post
    What's up Jeff? I remember in one of your video interviews before the past Team Universe you said that you cycle your creatine. However in one of the past Questions you answered you said you just take 5 g's before and after. . . Was just curious if you noticed a difference between the two methods?
    Yeah, I tried cycling it. After doing that for a few months (2-3 months on two different ocassions) I didnt notice a difference, so I just do it the regular, more convenient way.

Leave a comment:

• Halberstran 4 2
    replied
    What's up Jeff? I remember in one of your video interviews before the past Team Universe you said that you cycle your creatine. However in one of the past Questions you answered you said you just take 5 g's before and after. . . Was just curious if you noticed a difference between the two methods?

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    What do you think of creatine in pill form compared to powder?
    Its the same thing; just the powder is inside the pill. I prefer the powder form (cheaper and I can mix it into my shake), but take whatever you pefer--they're the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Buffdaddy
    replied
    What do you think of creatine in pill form compared to powder?

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Quelly View Post
    there are studies showing it takes over a week for creatine levels to come down after they have saturated your cells...so yeah taking them just on training days makes sense
    Thanks for the backup

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by 46jake View Post
    jrod ----Is it common for having headaches from lifting?
    I can't speak for everyone, but I would say not for me! I get pretty uncomfortable after some tough workouts (after leg day, especially), but I wouldnt say its common to get headaches.

Do you create a lot of pressure in your head by holding your breath and straining?

You might want to adress that issue (go to doctor) if it doesnt go away.

Leave a comment:

• 46jake
    replied
    jrod ----Is it common for having headaches from lifting?

Leave a comment:

• Quelly
    replied
    Originally posted by jrod View Post
    No I've never taken nitric oxide consistently (i took a sample serving or two of NO-explode).

I think creatine works its magic when you're "saturated" with creatine. I train 2 on, 1 off; so I think this is NOT enough time to undo being "saturated" with creatine. HOWEVER, I really would have no problem taking it on off days--I just think it wont be any better. So, if you are more comfortable taking it on off days (just want to play it safe), go ahead.
    there are studies showing it takes over a week for creatine levels to come down after they have saturated your cells...so yeah taking them just on training days makes sense

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Jeff,

Have you ever tried any nitric oxide? Why is it you dont take in any creatine on off days?
    No I've never taken nitric oxide consistently (i took a sample serving or two of NO-explode).

I think creatine works its magic when you're "saturated" with creatine. I train 2 on, 1 off; so I think this is NOT enough time to undo being "saturated" with creatine. HOWEVER, I really would have no problem taking it on off days--I just think it wont be any better. So, if you are more comfortable taking it on off days (just want to play it safe), go ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Buffdaddy
    replied
    Jeff,

Have you ever tried any nitric oxide? Why is it you dont take in any creatine on off days?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X