Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey j-rod ,

been looking at your back training , do you ever do deadlifts? haven't seen one of your routines without regular desdlifts? any reason?

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
      hey j-rod ,

been looking at your back training , do you ever do deadlifts? haven't seen one of your routines without regular desdlifts? any reason?
      Yeah, I think the last time I did deadlifts in my routine was in the summer. They're a good exercise, but I've decided to focus more on stiff-legged deadlifts (I can't do both in the same routine).
      Jeff Rodriguez
      www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• what kind of diet do you yourself follow while getting ready for a show?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaimesandovaljr View Post
          what kind of diet do you yourself follow while getting ready for a show?
          go to page one

didnt read the whole thread yet so this may have been mentioned but how tall are you bro??
          Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
          F.I.T. Corps

Comment

James, I'll get back to you later this afternoon (gotta leave for gym and work).
            Jeff Rodriguez
            www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by lilGiant View Post
              go to page one

didnt read the whole thread yet so this may have been mentioned but how tall are you bro??

No problem, I'm 5'9".
              Jeff Rodriguez
              www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Im competing in June in whats going to be my second show, and im looking for a test boosting supp that can help me the final 8 weeks or so..my diet is good, supplementation is on point as far as creatine,whey,bcaa's,multi v..im a lifetime natural and was wondering if something like MHP T-bomb II or Designer supplements ActivaTe Extreme would be of any benefit?

Comment

Here are the important points of my diet (pre-contest and off-season):
                  **high protein (at least 2g/pound bodyweight off-season)
                  **moderate carbs
                  **low fat.
                  **High GI carbs for breakfast and around workout time; low GI carbs all other times.
                  **about 7 meals a day, eaten about every 2 hours

Pre-contest diet is different in amounts compared to off-season, but the basic structure is the same; I just gradually reduce calories each week until the show. Also, I don't eat a lot of vegetables off-season, but pre-contest I gradually switch to getting a lot of my carbs from vegetables.

My current, off-season, diet is listed here:

http://www.speciesnutrition.com/athletejrod2.asp
                  Jeff Rodriguez
                  www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Ioannou View Post
                    Im competing in June in whats going to be my second show, and im looking for a test boosting supp that can help me the final 8 weeks or so..my diet is good, supplementation is on point as far as creatine,whey,bcaa's,multi v..im a lifetime natural and was wondering if something like MHP T-bomb II or Designer supplements ActivaTe Extreme would be of any benefit?
                    No idea. I've never tried anything like that. As far as supplements go, here's what I take: Whey (Isolyze), creatine (regular monohydrate), BCAA, glutamine, dextrose, and vitamins (and pre-workout coffee).
                    Jeff Rodriguez
                    www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• What are your thoughts on the ketogenic diet Jeff?

Comment

• hey jeff, i was just curious.

Since your now sponsored by species, have u tried any of dave's products?

I think his carbolyze is awesome.

Comment

What are your thoughts on the ketogenic diet Jeff?
                          It's very different from mine and I've never tried it myself, but it seems pretty good from what I've read/heard other people say.
                          Jeff Rodriguez
                          www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
                            hey jeff, i was just curious.

Since your now sponsored by species, have u tried any of dave's products?

I think his carbolyze is awesome.
                            I've tried: Isolyze, Carbolyze, and Fiberlyze.

Of course, Isolyze is my favorite (haha, its pretty much my main source of protein!).

Banana Carbolyze + Chocolate Isolyze tastes pretty good.

In fact, I had some carbolyze for breakfast this morning with my chocolate Isolyze shake. I've been eating bagels for breakfast carbs, but instead of eating a whole bagel, I got my carbs from 1/2 bagel + 1/2 carbolyze.
                            Jeff Rodriguez
                            www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• damn dude, your a beast, eating bagels for breakfast and still staying lean as fuck.

Hey I finally made a choice, im doing the npc pacific naturals in august (the show you recommended i do )

Comment

• Originally posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
                                damn dude, your a beast, eating bagels for breakfast and still staying lean as fuck.

Hey I finally made a choice, im doing the npc pacific naturals in august (the show you recommended i do )
                                NICE!

So when are you going to start dieting for it?

It's going to be a great experience. You'll learn a lot from your first show, regardless of placing.
                                Jeff Rodriguez
                                www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

Working...
                                X