Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Natural One View Post
    Hey Bro, Just stopping by to see how training is going? hope everything is going good. Damn I started extra early this year in my contest prep so that way I can have the striated glutes like yours bro!!! I'm determined!!!! Keep training hard bro it's right around the corner. Do you know where you will be staying yet? Maybe we could in the trenches training once we get there with Dave.!!!!!!

Hey, whats up, Kiyoshi. Yeah, everything is good; hope things are well with you. I see you're moving up to the heavy-weight class. I noticed on your thread you said you would probably weight in at 210-215! Damn, that is quite the improvement; thats a lot of muscle. Good for you (and me because I might be a light heavy . You want striated glutes, well, I'd like to step on stage at 200lbs (or even 190)!

No, I don't know where I'm staying yet. I'll wait a bit longer to make those reservations. Where are you staying?

As for the In the Trenches, thats a good idea.
    Jeff Rodriguez
    www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mrky03 View Post
      Good luck Jeff, I'll be following your training blog closely! You're going to do well this year!

Damn thats a lot of protein powder!

Thanks! Yeah, i know, it really is a lot; but its convenient for me.

I'll try to keep that blog interesting. I'll update it once a week with some comments, the next week's diet, and progress pictures.
      Jeff Rodriguez
      www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• watching the two of you on "in the trenches" would be awesome. DO IT!!! lol
        Troponin Nutritionist

Comment

• Watch out the Cali Boy's are coming!!!!!!!
          kiyoshimoody.com
          *TEAM GENR8* genr8speed.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jrod View Post
            Hey, whats up, Kiyoshi. Yeah, everything is good; hope things are well with you. I see you're moving up to the heavy-weight class. I noticed on your thread you said you would probably weight in at 210-215! Damn, that is quite the improvement; thats a lot of muscle. Good for you (and me because I might be a light heavy . You want striated glutes, well, I'd like to step on stage at 200lbs (or even 190)!

No, I don't know where I'm staying yet. I'll wait a bit longer to make those reservations. Where are you staying?

As for the In the Trenches, thats a good idea.

My body wont allow me to stay down in the light heavies. So I gotta go with what looks better!!!!

Most likely I will be staying away from tribeca. If I stay down or around that area I might get distracted!!!! I remember last year Chris never left his room until show time!!! Most likely I will stay uptown where I stayed last year. It was easy getting real food with the grocery stores they had in that small community!!! well see!!!!
            kiyoshimoody.com
            *TEAM GENR8* genr8speed.com

Comment

One thing I miss about the ARC is the Glute/Ham raise machine. Its near the gym entrace, towards the right side (if they haven't moved things around). Its the one with the two big round pads. I haven't seen another gym with one of those.
              Yup, still there. I remember when I first got here I was really surprised to see that machine!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Natural One View Post
                My body wont allow me to stay down in the light heavies. So I gotta go with what looks better!!!!

Most likely I will be staying away from tribeca. If I stay down or around that area I might get distracted!!!! I remember last year Chris never left his room until show time!!! Most likely I will stay uptown where I stayed last year. It was easy getting real food with the grocery stores they had in that small community!!! well see!!!!

I agree with that: going with what looks better regardless of weight. Thats actually why I stop weighing myself once I start dieting. I'm sure you'll do well in the heavies.

Actually, I stayed uptown last year as well. I couldn't afford to stay at the host hotel or any of the ones near the show, so I stayed at a hostel. It was small, but was totally fine, and like you said, the grocery stores were really convenient. I might do the same thing again this year. I'll plan it when it gets closer.
                Jeff Rodriguez
                www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Hey, I dont post often but I do follow these threads routinely. Your conditioning is very impressive to say the least. I have a question regarding post-workout nutrition. Unfortunately, I work a 9-6 job so I usually train between 6:30-8:15
                  "If you show up to Fight Club, you're gonna get your ass kicked."

Comment

• Sorry, continuing that previous post. I eat about 250-300 Low GI carbs in roughly equal doses throughout the day at equal intervals with protein. Directly after working out I have scoops of ON whey and a 20oz. gatorade. Since my first full meal in PWO isnt till 9:00, should I still eat 60-70 grams of low GI carbs?? I dont like to eat them past 3pm, since after this point they have a greater propensity for storing as fat. Usually this real food PWO meal (about an hour after training) has 40 g of lean protein and green veggies. In your opinion, will this drastically limit my ability to put on lean muscle mass?

Currently, Im 6'3" and 215 lbs with roughly 7% body fat. Just wondering. My full macros from the day are as follows: 321P, 400C, and 60F. Im looking to get up to about 225 or so...
                    "If you show up to Fight Club, you're gonna get your ass kicked."

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Learning View Post
                      Sorry, continuing that previous post. I eat about 250-300 Low GI carbs in roughly equal doses throughout the day at equal intervals with protein. Directly after working out I have scoops of ON whey and a 20oz. gatorade. Since my first full meal in PWO isnt till 9:00, should I still eat 60-70 grams oflow GI carbs?? I dont like to eat them past 3pm, since after this point they have a greater propensity for storing as fat. Usually this real food PWO meal (about an hour after training) has 40 g of lean protein and green veggies. In your opinion, will this drastically limit my ability to put on lean muscle mass?

Currently, Im 6'3" and 215 lbs with roughly 7% body fat. Just wondering. My full macros from the day are as follows: 321P, 400C, and 60F. Im looking to get up to about 225 or so...
                      I work a similar schedule: 8am-5pm on weekdays, except Tuesdays which start at 7am. Instead of training after work, I get up at 4:20am to train before work (Tuesdays I get up at 3:20am).

My advice would be train before work. For a few reasons: Allows you to focus all your mental and physical energy on training (not just get it done after a long, somtimes tiring, day at work), you will get more meals in AFTER training, and you will not have to work around issues like this.

But, if you'd rather not get up early, then I would say, eat a pwo meal of high GI carbs anyways. Maybe what you could do is split up that pwo meal so that you dont go straight to bed after eating a high gi meal. Have that high gi pwo meal (1/2 serving), then an hour later have the rest of that meal with low gi carbs.
                      Jeff Rodriguez
                      www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Jeff,

How do you take advantage of the post contest rebound?
                        www.ironbrendan.com

Comment

• Originally posted by IronBrendan View Post
                          Jeff,

How do you take advantage of the post contest rebound?
                          I don't think there's anything special to do. Taking advantage, to me, just means training hard and eating pretty well (a good amount, though, not really restricting calories). As opposed to taking a month off after the show or training half-assed, and eating crap. Enjoy yourself after your show, take some time off if you like (I take about a week off), but don't get out of hand and you'll be fine.
                          Jeff Rodriguez
                          www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Updated, 15 weeks out diet and progress pictures:

www.jrod123.blogspot.com
                            Jeff Rodriguez
                            www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

Updated, 15 weeks out diet and progress pictures:

www.jrod123.blogspot.com
                              Damm! I'm 9 weeks out and I'm no where near that level of conditioning! Definitely reducing my carb intake this week!

Comment

• Jeff,

You have added some beef during the last year. Do you think you will move up a class?

Looking good!

Comment

Working...
                                X