Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Fitzchivalry View Post
    Jeff, do you ever have wrist pain barbell curling? Whenever I go heavy/low reps on those it always gives me major wrist pain, etc. Just curious if you ever experience the same thing. E-Z bars just aren't the same effectiveness in my case so I don't really like using those.

    Actually, I've heard that a lot from others, but never had that myself. In my opinion, the EZ curl bar is so simliar to the regular barbell that I'd be happy to go either way.

    If you are going to get injured training heavy with barbell curls, I'd suggest either you stop doing them and choose something else (DB), or if you really want to do them, do them in a way which does not hurt (lighter, different motion, slower, whatever); because I know from experience that training through something/an exercise which hurts, only makes it hurt more and take longer to heal later.

    Ever tried wrapping your wrists?: http://www.prowriststraps.com/weight...erlifting_wrap

    something like the ones above (not necessarily those; probably any decent ones will do). Dips, when I got up to over 3.5 plates would hurt, but I started wrapping my wrist and can now do them again. I have the 24" ones (12" are really short so go with 24 or 36).
    Jeff Rodriguez
    www.jrodfitness.com

    Comment


    • Jeff--

      I don't know if you read other threads on the MD form but apparently, **** ******* started one this morning about you.

      People clearly are impressed.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jrod View Post
        Winflex, if you do go to the show, make sure you come up and introduce yourself/say hi.
        Definitely!

        Comment


        • 13 days J!
          hows it going?
          Troponin Nutritionist

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jrod View Post
            Actually, I've heard that a lot from others, but never had that myself. In my opinion, the EZ curl bar is so simliar to the regular barbell that I'd be happy to go either way.

            If you are going to get injured training heavy with barbell curls, I'd suggest either you stop doing them and choose something else (DB), or if you really want to do them, do them in a way which does not hurt (lighter, different motion, slower, whatever); because I know from experience that training through something/an exercise which hurts, only makes it hurt more and take longer to heal later.

            Ever tried wrapping your wrists?: http://www.prowriststraps.com/weight...erlifting_wrap

            something like the ones above (not necessarily those; probably any decent ones will do). Dips, when I got up to over 3.5 plates would hurt, but I started wrapping my wrist and can now do them again. I have the 24" ones (12" are really short so go with 24 or 36).
            Thanks. I'll look into them.
            Yeah, I changed up my technique and generally do doggcrapp style for barbell curls (slow negatives-1 rest pause set) and that definetly helps and seems to work just as well for me.

            Comment


            • Money! I expect nothing else from ya though. Don't tell me that is planet fitness hermano? LOL

              That side chest is freaking insane! I hope you get your pro cars, it would be a good thing for bodybuilding in general to have someone like you get their IFBB card. Bring back the PURDY to bodybuilding.

              Jeff:"I bringing purdy back!"

              Don't get me wrong purdy, but still a nice touch og OMG!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
                Money! I expect nothing else from ya though. Don't tell me that is planet fitness hermano? LOL

                That side chest is freaking insane! I hope you get your pro cars, it would be a good thing for bodybuilding in general to have someone like you get their IFBB card. Bring back the PURDY to bodybuilding.

                Jeff:"I bringing purdy back!"

                Don't get me wrong purdy, but still a nice touch og OMG!
                Yeah, Jeff looks like a bodybuilder is supposed to look! He's got that small waist wide shoulder's look like the bodybuilders of the 70's and 80's (only more ripped!) and that's what got me into bodybuilding in the first place!

                Bring it on Jeff!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by pn View Post
                  Jeff--

                  I don't know if you read other threads on the MD form but apparently, **** ******* started one this morning about you.

                  People clearly are impressed.
                  Yeah, I saw that; pretty cool.

                  Hopefully the judges at TU will be impresed!

                  Thanks for the heads up.
                  Jeff Rodriguez
                  www.jrodfitness.com

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BB View Post
                    13 days J!
                    hows it going?
                    Its going really, really well. I'm so excited about going to NY/TU. Just gotta get through another week of work and dieting. Right about this time next week I get to eat a bit more food, so I'm looking forward to that. At least its so close now that it actually makes dieting less painful.

                    How's it going with you?
                    Jeff Rodriguez
                    www.jrodfitness.com

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
                      Money! I expect nothing else from ya though. Don't tell me that is planet fitness hermano? LOL

                      That side chest is freaking insane! I hope you get your pro cars, it would be a good thing for bodybuilding in general to have someone like you get their IFBB card. Bring back the PURDY to bodybuilding.

                      Jeff:"I bringing purdy back!"

                      Don't get me wrong purdy, but still a nice touch og OMG!

                      Plane fitness, Hahaha, no, I don't have a membership there, and from what I heard about that place, I'd probably get in trouble there. That's actually 24 hour fitness out in Pleasanton.
                      Jeff Rodriguez
                      www.jrodfitness.com

                      Comment


                      • Updates for 2 weeks out: http://jrod123.blogspot.com/
                        Jeff Rodriguez
                        www.jrodfitness.com

                        Comment


                        • Jeff, your physique is absolutely insane. As many people have said, this is how a bodybuilder should look.
                          Do you do anything special for your triceps? I know you tend to stick with max-OT type style. As far as exercises, what do you find works best for hitting the outer/lateral head of the triceps? Or does the mass just develop for you evenly using basic mass building tricep movements?

                          How old are you now by the way?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by andrzej_t View Post
                            Jeff, your physique is absolutely insane. As many people have said, this is how a bodybuilder should look.
                            Do you do anything special for your triceps? I know you tend to stick with max-OT type style. As far as exercises, what do you find works best for hitting the outer/lateral head of the triceps? Or does the mass just develop for you evenly using basic mass building tricep movements?

                            How old are you now by the way?
                            Thanks for the nice words!

                            For triceps, I always train them after chest. I do 4-6 reps for about 4 sets (not more, but sometimes 3). My favorite exercises (pretty much the only ones I actually do) are :

                            *lying triceps extensions (skull crushers, but the bar goes above/behind your head, not to the forehead)
                            *Close grip bench or decline close grip
                            *Dips (stay more upright for triceps)
                            *Hammer strength seated dips (this thing: http://www.eclipsefitness.net/Images...ated%20dip.jpg)
                            *push downs

                            When I train triceps, I don't try to develop any one particular head. I'm sure there are exercises which put a bit more emphasis on certain heads (I think shoulder presses/close grip shoulder presses put more emphasis on the outer head, but don't quote me on that), but I also think its not worth MY time to pin point a specific head. I'm sure genetically you have a predisposition to build your triceps a certain way/shape. But, I think if you get your triceps big and strong enough, you wont be able to help but build an impressive set of triceps, with all heads being well developed. I believe in sticking to basics, not getting too fancy, and being consistent over a long period of time.

                            As for my age, I was born on 01-01-1984; which makes me 24 today.
                            Jeff Rodriguez
                            www.jrodfitness.com

                            Comment


                            • Just saw the new in the trenches. Saw you talking to Stan Mcquay, whats he doing now days?
                              Back for the first time!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jrod View Post
                                Updates for 2 weeks out: http://jrod123.blogspot.com/
                                Classic physique - Impressive! You're definitely bringing an aesthetic package to the stage. Although not needed, best of luck!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X