Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are you one of those guys who jumps cals quickly after dieting or do you slowly ramp them up again?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sporto View Post
      Adding to what Jrod said, the reason for this is also because your body downregulates the digestive enzymes for carbohydrates when you go low carb, since it doesn't need them. Once you carbload, all that food hits the small intestine and without all those enzymes present, bam - wicked gas!

      Sporto
      Thanks, Tommy. That makes sense how that works.
      Jeff Rodriguez
      www.jrodfitness.com

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Fitzchivalry View Post
        Are you one of those guys who jumps cals quickly after dieting or do you slowly ramp them up again?
        Well, when I go and eat that sushi buffet, it all gets messed up!

        After the show, I'll come up with an offseason guideline/diet and jump right into that; no ramping up.
        Jeff Rodriguez
        www.jrodfitness.com

        Comment


        • Good luck at TU, Jeff.

          Comment


          • 1 day out


            I didn't think I would be able to update due to not having an internet connection, but it turns out they offer it where I'm staying (at a Hostel in uptown Manhattan).



            I really wasn't expecting to, but weighed in as a middleweight again!



            Over the past 2 weeks I have been drinking about 3 gallons of water per day. With this amount I've been weighing anywhere from 190-193 during the middle of the day and at night, and weighing in 181-184 first thing in the morning.



            Yesterday (2 days out) I drank 5 gallons of water and made sure to keep sodium very high throughout the day. I weighed about 190 when I went to bed. I woke up once at night (after about 6 hours) to pee and weighed 181, went back to bed, woke up in the morning and weighed 178! Since I am still on California time (show is in NY), it was already time to weigh in, so I ate breakfast, got dressed ,and went to weigh ins where I weighed in officially at 174! Being on California time helped cause I got to weigh in first thing in the morning (didn't have to hold off on drinking water long).


            By the end of today, I will drink about 2 gallons of water. As for food, it will look like this:



            breakfast: Rice cakes, 2 Isolyze

            30C, 54P, 0F



            (in any order)



            2 meals of: salmon and rice = about 40P, 35C, 12F



            4-5 meals of: 1/2 cup oats, 1.5 Isolyze = 27C, 40P, 2.5F



            I will keep sodium at a normal level today and only have what is naturally occurring in the foods I eat.



            Here's a 1 day out picture:
            Attached Files
            Jeff Rodriguez
            www.jrodfitness.com

            Comment


            • Hahaha love the photo. Thanks for the water and diet info. All the best for the show.

              Gotta love the Hostels. Which one are you at? I'm looking to stay in the area in the next few weeks.

              Leigh
              www.leighcarmichael.com

              Comment


              • lol nice pic. I'm pulling for you bro.
                www.ironbrendan.com

                Comment


                • u know how i think you'll do!

                  good luck bro.

                  Comment


                  • Good luck Jeff, i'm rooting for you as well!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by leigh View Post
                      Hahaha love the photo. Thanks for the water and diet info. All the best for the show.

                      Gotta love the Hostels. Which one are you at? I'm looking to stay in the area in the next few weeks.

                      Leigh
                      Haha, yeah that was how I cooked my rice and salmon: george foreman grill and a rice cooker on the shower floor (easy cleanup!).

                      I'm staying at the Continental Hosetl:

                      I'm staying in a private room which has its own bathroom in the room. Last year, I stayed in one which had shared bathrooms and that wasn't bad either. The room is fine with me, I've got free internet, and air conditioning (and a tv); so I'm happy with it. Also, there are plenty of stores for food and groceries around here and the subway is about 2 blocks away, so the location is convenient enough.

                      http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldet...FQgKGgodFhgOjQ


                      I'm staying at another Hostel on Sunday and Monday night, so remind me after and I'll tell you which I thought was better.
                      Jeff Rodriguez
                      www.jrodfitness.com

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by andrzej_t View Post
                        Good luck Jeff, i'm rooting for you as well!
                        Originally posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
                        u know how i think you'll do!

                        good luck bro.
                        Originally posted by IronBrendan View Post
                        lol nice pic. I'm pulling for you bro.
                        Thanks a lot guys; I really appreciate it!
                        Jeff Rodriguez
                        www.jrodfitness.com

                        Comment


                        • "1 year of training louie all in one night! And this is for all the marbles louie, the big baby! you'll never get this chance again!"
                          Seriously, I know you are looking phenomenal and you'll do great... no pressure, haha, good luck even tho you won't need it
                          http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

                          Comment


                          • Pure dedication in that photo, lol. Cooking in the bathroom...

                            Interesting that you weighed a little less than last year (if I remember correctly) and are definitely thicker all the way around. Good luck. Victory is on the horizon.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jrod View Post
                              Haha, yeah that was how I cooked my rice and salmon: george foreman grill and a rice cooker on the shower floor (easy cleanup!).

                              I'm staying at the Continental Hosetl:

                              I'm staying in a private room which has its own bathroom in the room. Last year, I stayed in one which had shared bathrooms and that wasn't bad either. The room is fine with me, I've got free internet, and air conditioning (and a tv); so I'm happy with it. Also, there are plenty of stores for food and groceries around here and the subway is about 2 blocks away, so the location is convenient enough.

                              http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldet...FQgKGgodFhgOjQ


                              I'm staying at another Hostel on Sunday and Monday night, so remind me after and I'll tell you which I thought was better.
                              LOL thanks so much for the info. Talk about a cool guy. Day before the show and you are giving advice on Hostels in NY Seems like a pretty good place to stay, just checked out the link. Thanks.

                              You prob won't read this, but I'll be following the play by play and rooting for you jrod. Rip it up.

                              Leigh
                              www.leighcarmichael.com

                              Comment


                              • Let's do this hermano! Awesome picture by the way!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X