Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Natural One View Post
    Hey Jeff, Congrats on your class win bro!!!!Just make sure you dont stop training an dieting take a couple days off, hopefully we go to the World's. Once again good job!!!!!
    Thanks, Kiyoshi. It was good seing you this past weekend. Hopefully I see you again soon! At the worlds!
    Jeff Rodriguez
    www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by PTmuscle View Post
      Congrats Jeff, gonna move up a weight class and gun for the overall next year... and going to the Worlds? Looked great as usual

I'm not sure about going to the Worlds this year because I'm not sure if the US team will be sent. I'll find out in a few weeks.

As for moving up a class, well, I thought that was going to happen this year, but it didnt (though I didnt purposely diet to make a certain weight, I just dieted and went by the mirror). And, I'm really happy with how things turned out, so I wouldnt change a thing. Now, do I think I'll move up next year, I'm going to guess yes, but now I wouldnt bet any money on it! I'm going to train to put on all the muscle I possibly can, then I'll diet to get as lean as I possibly can while keeping as much of that muscle as I can. Thats as much as I know. Whatever I weigh, yes, I'd love to win the overall next year!
      Jeff Rodriguez
      www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• good attitude lol....I don't know why some people ask that question "you gonna come in heavier next time?" I always look at them oddly...like...well....I'm going to get shredded for the show...and I'm going to try to get as big as I can in the offseason...If it was that easy to get bigger we'd all be on the olympia stage.

anywho...just wanted to say great showing jeff...I'd imagine the the weight weirdness was probably fluid...you DEFINITELY were bigger this year...but you know how it is when you cut water....its not an exact science, but you do it without flattening out and you look great on stage, so it looks like you've got it down...only downside it appears is that you'll have no idea what you'll weigh in at.
        Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
        http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Jeff, I'm absolutely thrilled for you! I agree with Quelly, doesn't matter how much you weigh, you looked great and for my money could've taken the overall! You really have the total look, reminds me of the great bodybuilders of the 80's! Small waist wide delts cut to shredds, the way a bodybuilder is supposed to look! You really made us natties proud!

Comment

• Just simply a fantastic job Jeff...not much else to say. You have such an aesthetic physique that can really make natural bodybuilding just as appealing to the public as the cartoon characters you see in the IFBB. Great work this year! It's been fun following you along your journey...

Sporto
            IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
            Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Comment

• Originally posted by Sporto View Post
              Adding to what Jrod said, the reason for this is also because your body downregulates the digestive enzymes for carbohydrates when you go low carb, since it doesn't need them. Once you carbload, all that food hits the small intestine and without all those enzymes present, bam - wicked gas!

Sporto
              completely correct. SLGT-1 is very inducible and the other thing about carb loads that guys typically do that make them ineffective is they drastically reduce sodium and it has been shown that reducing sodium reduces the rate at which SLGT-1 can emtpy glucose from the intenstine into the portal vein as it is a sodium dependant enzyme.

Jeff, happy for you man, we are all very proud of you
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                completely correct. SLGT-1 is very inducible and the other thing about carb loads that guys typically do that make them ineffective is they drastically reduce sodium and it has been shown that reducing sodium reduces the rate at which SLGT-1 can emtpy glucose from the intenstine into the portal vein as it is a sodium dependant enzyme.

Jeff, happy for you man, we are all very proud of you
                I've been taught well

Sporto
                IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
                Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Comment

• Congrats on taking your class Jeff, all the hard work paid off my man.
                  NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Jeff you looked awesome bro, you really nailed it color was great...this is gonna be your show in the next year or two, Now my question to you is once you get that pro card are you planning on competing in the IFBB? I think that would be a huge inspiration to see a true natural mixing it up in the IFBB..your a freak bro!! Congrats again

Comment

• hey jeff can you detail your color/tan protocol....i know you were kinda taking suggestions on it and you seemed to nail it

Comment

• Hey Jeff - We did it! It was an honor being on stage with you during the Overall, I think MD.com was pretty well represented with three regular posters in you, Kiyoshi, and myself. I don't think I've ever posted on your blog, but believe me I've been lurking on it all year. You and Kiyoshi unknowingly provided me with plenty of motivation throughout the contest prep!

Jeff, you're a great asset to natural bodybuilding. It's really unbelievable that for someone so young you've accomplished what you have, and by sharing your knowledge with your fans you do a great job in promoting the sport we all love.

I really hope we can be on "Team USA" and represent in Bahrain this fall. No matter the outcome, it would be a blast to embody what true naturals can bring to the world stage.

(Hopefully) See you soon -

Tim Martin
                        https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

• Congrats on that class win Jeff!
                          you looked twice as good in person. And after getting to meet you, you are a much better person than a bber -- and you are a great bber.

good luck with whatever comes next - Bahrain or the offseason.
                          Troponin Nutritionist

Comment

• Originally posted by Quelly View Post
                            good attitude lol....I don't know why some people ask that question "you gonna come in heavier next time?" I always look at them oddly...like...well....I'm going to get shredded for the show...and I'm going to try to get as big as I can in the offseason...If it was that easy to get bigger we'd all be on the olympia stage.

anywho...just wanted to say great showing jeff...I'd imagine the the weight weirdness was probably fluid...you DEFINITELY were bigger this year...but you know how it is when you cut water....its not an exact science, but you do it without flattening out and you look great on stage, so it looks like you've got it down...only downside it appears is that you'll have no idea what you'll weigh in at.
                            ^ Hahahaha... Oh well; worse comes to worst, I stand up to weigh in with light heavies and they tell me "you didn't make it," and put me down as a middle-weight. OR vice versa. Haha, no big deal.
                            Jeff Rodriguez
                            www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mrky03 View Post
                              Jeff, I'm absolutely thrilled for you! I agree with Quelly, doesn't matter how much you weigh, you looked great and for my money could've taken the overall! You really have the total look, reminds me of the great bodybuilders of the 80's! Small waist wide delts cut to shredds, the way a bodybuilder is supposed to look! You really made us natties proud!
                              Thanks very much, Mr.KY!
                              Jeff Rodriguez
                              www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Sporto View Post
                                Just simply a fantastic job Jeff...not much else to say. You have such an aesthetic physique that can really make natural bodybuilding just as appealing to the public as the cartoon characters you see in the IFBB. Great work this year! It's been fun following you along your journey...

Sporto
                                Thanks, Tommy; it's been my pleasure!

Maybe we'll get to follow your journey to the TU in the future...?...
                                Jeff Rodriguez
                                www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

Working...
                                X