Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awesome stuff jrod. i think it was filmed awesome and i like how you displayed the quick write up in the beginning about your workout

Comment

• great vids... keep 'em coming!
      http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

Comment

• Hey Jrod,
        After the 4xwarmups for your squatting , do you do any warm ups for the next exercises at all or do you just jump into your working set with Front squats, dlifts, leg curls....etc

Comment

• Great vids! tremendous strength Jeff, especially considering that you compete as a middleweight.

Comment

• Hey Jeff, I know you probably hear this all the time, but I just wanted to say thanks for all the info and advice you've given here on the boards as well as on your blog. I don't post much on here, but for the last few months I've been reading your thread and blog, and have watched your In the Trenches several times, and I have definately learned a ton about training and nutrition from what you've had to share. And now you're making your own free training vids! I can't think of any other bodybuilders who do this kind of thing for their fans! Lots of respect and appreciation from me, man.

Two quick questions about the vid: 1) I noticed during squats your toes were often times raising up at the end of a rep. Do you do this on purpose or does that just happen naturally? and 2) Was there any particular reason you only did one set of SLDs?

Thanks again Jeff!

Comment

• hey jeff, i just finally watched your in the trenches from last year and it was awesome. its nice to see people still doin squats even though u were just out of competition. idk if this was asked but how heavy do u get body weight wise off season and do u have any pics?

Comment

• Look at this young guy sportin the Iron Maiden lol
                Cool vid man.
                Yeah we missed you at the Natural O.
                Assistant to the regional manager.
                Iron8 approved

Comment

• Great video Jeff! Its awesome that you're posting your training like that, keep it coming! Its very motivating! I can't wait to get back in the gym next week and hit legs!

I've been thinking about including front squats, haven't done them in years. I need to get one of those Sting Ray things, looks like it would make it alot more accomadating! Front squats are tough!

Comment

• Originally posted by Quelly View Post
                    definitely was 495 nice friggin work....hey I was at the natural O on saturday with berto (father flex) did you make it there we didn't see you?
                    Thanks.

Long story, but in short, I was on my way, then my friends I was going with decided they didn't want to go, so I never made it out.
                    Jeff Rodriguez
                    www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryjuice View Post
                      Hey Jrod,
                      After the 4xwarmups for your squatting , do you do any warm ups for the next exercises at all or do you just jump into your working set with Front squats, dlifts, leg curls....etc
                      If ever I feel like I want/need to, I would. In this particular workout, the only warm ups other than what was shown were:

a few reps with 3 plates per side on the trap bar deadlifts, and a few reps with 3 plates per side for stiff legged deadlifts.

Next video, I'll film all the in between warm ups. I was trying to keep this video under 10 min, because thats the max that youtube allows. Next time, I'll just split the video in two if I need to.
                      Jeff Rodriguez
                      www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Fanch View Post
                        Hey Jeff, I know you probably hear this all the time, but I just wanted to say thanks for all the info and advice you've given here on the boards as well as on your blog. I don't post much on here, but for the last few months I've been reading your thread and blog, and have watched your In the Trenches several times, and I have definately learned a ton about training and nutrition from what you've had to share. And now you're making your own free training vids! I can't think of any other bodybuilders who do this kind of thing for their fans! Lots of respect and appreciation from me, man.

Two quick questions about the vid: 1) I noticed during squats your toes were often times raising up at the end of a rep. Do you do this on purpose or does that just happen naturally? and 2) Was there any particular reason you only did one set of SLDs?

Thanks again Jeff!
                        Thanks, Fanch. Its always nice to hear that other people benefit from these. I really appreciate that.

As for your questions,
                        1) I don't necessarily do it on purpose. It happens because I am focusing so much on pushing off of my heels through the movement. I noticed that quad exercises feel much better if I push of my heels. Also, I am focusing on pushing vertically or even slightly back during squats, to avoid leaning/pushing forward and pushing off my toes.

2) Hahaha, yes, because my lower back could not handle any more! After those 2 sets of trap bar deadlifts, I was pretty much done. Usually, when I dont do TB deadlifts, I like to do 2-3 sets of SLDL.
                        Jeff Rodriguez
                        www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jumpshootin View Post
                          hey jeff, i just finally watched your in the trenches from last year and it was awesome. its nice to see people still doin squats even though u were just out of competition. idk if this was asked but how heavy do u get body weight wise off season and do u have any pics?
                          Right now I am about 205 +- a bit. The heaviest I've gotten is about 208-210. Maybe if I'm lucky, this year I'll get over 210! It comes only a bit at a time for me.

As for pictures, I posted some offseason pictures last year (they're on my blog), but here's what I can do. In one of the upcoming videos, I'll get some footage of my offseason conditioning.
                          Jeff Rodriguez
                          www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
                            Look at this young guy sportin the Iron Maiden lol
                            Cool vid man.
                            Yeah we missed you at the Natural O.
                            Yeah, sorry I didnt make it.

Hahaha, Iron Maiden is awesome. Hallowed be thy name is my favorite Iron Maiden song, so I had to go with that one.
                            Jeff Rodriguez
                            www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mrky03 View Post
                              Great video Jeff! Its awesome that you're posting your training like that, keep it coming! Its very motivating! I can't wait to get back in the gym next week and hit legs!

I've been thinking about including front squats, haven't done them in years. I need to get one of those Sting Ray things, looks like it would make it alot more accomadating! Front squats are tough!

Yeah, they make front squats A LOT more comfortable for me, and keep the bar more stable.

I bought them online.

They're about $35:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/adfit/sting.html
                              Jeff Rodriguez
                              www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jrod View Post
                                Right now I am about 205 +- a bit. The heaviest I've gotten is about 208-210. Maybe if I'm lucky, this year I'll get over 210! It comes only a bit at a time for me.

As for pictures, I posted some offseason pictures last year (they're on my blog), but here's what I can do. In one of the upcoming videos, I'll get some footage of my offseason conditioning.
                                alright thats awesome. so it seems u stay in good shape all year if ur only gettin up near 210 because im natural and i can never figure out where i should be body % wise if i want to make gains. im at about 225 now but im 6-2 and my body fat is relatively hight like 10-15%

Comment

Working...
                                X