Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrod View Post
    Thanks, Fanch. Its always nice to hear that other people benefit from these. I really appreciate that.

As for your questions,
    1) I don't necessarily do it on purpose. It happens because I am focusing so much on pushing off of my heels through the movement. I noticed that quad exercises feel much better if I push of my heels. Also, I am focusing on pushing vertically or even slightly back during squats, to avoid leaning/pushing forward and pushing off my toes.

2) Hahaha, yes, because my lower back could not handle any more! After those 2 sets of trap bar deadlifts, I was pretty much done. Usually, when I dont do TB deadlifts, I like to do 2-3 sets of SLDL.

Lol, yeah I can definately understand why the TB deads were taking a toll on your lower back. You were pulling some serious weight there!

By the way, who plays the first song in the vid, I really liked it.

Comment

• looks like the offseason is coming along really well for you.
      Thanks a lot for posting that video.
      I know Im not the only one, but seeing you pushing it makes me keep working hard.

do you have striated glutes at 210? lol
      Troponin Nutritionist

Comment

Yeah, sorry I didnt make it.

Hahaha, Iron Maiden is awesome. Hallowed be thy name is my favorite Iron Maiden song, so I had to go with that one.
        It's all good. There are more shows and such. Besides Berto was there to keep the latino flair

Yeah I think that song came out when I was in 7th grade lol

Question about the sting ray. I got one (really cause I saw how easy you used the thing) and you've got a hell of a lot bigger arms than me and the damn thing bruises the top of my biceps so bad. You ever get or had anything like that with them? If so what's the trick to prevent it, cause now I don't even use it.
        Assistant to the regional manager.
        Iron8 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by Fanch View Post
          Lol, yeah I can definately understand why the TB deads were taking a toll on your lower back. You were pulling some serious weight there!

By the way, who plays the first song in the vid, I really liked it.

Its by Everton Blender and called Ghetto People Song

Here it is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avlXvb9sBXI
          Jeff Rodriguez
          www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BB View Post
            looks like the offseason is coming along really well for you.
            Thanks a lot for posting that video.
            I know Im not the only one, but seeing you pushing it makes me keep working hard.

do you have striated glutes at 210? lol

Hey, whats up Brian. How's your offseason going? So now that its been a few months, what are your competitive plans for next year?

Striated glutes at 210, yeah right; maybe one day!
            Jeff Rodriguez
            www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
              It's all good. There are more shows and such. Besides Berto was there to keep the latino flair

Yeah I think that song came out when I was in 7th grade lol

Question about the sting ray. I got one (really cause I saw how easy you used the thing) and you've got a hell of a lot bigger arms than me and the damn thing bruises the top of my biceps so bad. You ever get or had anything like that with them? If so what's the trick to prevent it, cause now I don't even use it.
              Never had that issue AT ALL. Maybe you need to have it rest higher on your arm. I have it sitting on my delts, and the bar is right up against my neck. Try messing with the spacing, too. I find that I keep it pretty narrow. Also, make sure you are conciously keeping your arms up, elbows high so that the weight is falling into you, not away. I think if you do it right, it shouldnt bruise or bother your biceps.
              Jeff Rodriguez
              www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

Never had that issue AT ALL. Maybe you need to have it rest higher on your arm. I have it sitting on my delts, and the bar is right up against my neck. Try messing with the spacing, too. I find that I keep it pretty narrow. Also, make sure you are conciously keeping your arms up, elbows high so that the weight is falling into you, not away. I think if you do it right, it shouldnt bruise or bother your biceps.
                I'll play around with it more. Nothing worse than doing front squats and having your arms give out before your legs lol
                Thanks
                Assistant to the regional manager.
                Iron8 approved

Comment

• Do you know how much zinc is needed for a male bb's?

I take a multi-vitamin that has 30 mg of zinc, but I sometimes wonder if the copper might interfere with its absorption.

What would be safe amount to take..I would to take zinc with my final meal of the night.

Thanks

Comment

• my offseason is going well. I was 216 this morning and Im stronger than ever. Im okay with my bodyfat, I just plan on keeping a closer eye on my nutrition.

No competitive plans for 2009. I know how you said Id change my mind but for now I havent. Still getting settled in with work and plan on moving with my girlfriend this coming summer.
                    Im still planning on something late 2010.
                    I might do some eating challenges in 2009 though. I ate a 48 oz steak last month. I think I could do well at a pancake eating competition lol

Im looking forward to all your updates, so thanks for taking the time to post them.
                    Troponin Nutritionist

Comment

• I just ordered a Sting Ray, I'm looking forward to using it. I used to do front squats years ago but as the weight got heavier they just get too uncomfortable.

Using the wider stance squats really helped my inner thigh and hamstring development this year and I didn't even start doing them that way until about 6 months ago! I'm planning on making some improvements this year I got second place in the Kentucky Muscle (over 40 class). Its getting tougher every year! Can I borrow your striated glutes?? LOL!!

Comment

• question

range of motion on chest movements,i find that i can only come down to about 3-4 inches from chest due to tight delts.any comments

Comment

Its by Everton Blender and called Ghetto People Song

Here it is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avlXvb9sBXI

Very cool, thanks for the link!

Comment

• looking awesome in that video bro! u train like a beast.

So whats the competitive plan for next year??? Taking another shot at the team u?? Or are u going to be doing any other shows?

Comment

• Originally posted by Apex23 View Post
                              Do you know how much zinc is needed for a male bb's?

I take a multi-vitamin that has 30 mg of zinc, but I sometimes wonder if the copper might interfere with its absorption.

What would be safe amount to take..I would to take zinc with my final meal of the night.

Thanks

I've read that zinc interferes with iron and copper absorption if you take too much. I don't know too much about this, but I would guess what you're taking (from your multivitamin) is fine.
                              Jeff Rodriguez
                              www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BB View Post
                                my offseason is going well. I was 216 this morning and Im stronger than ever. Im okay with my bodyfat, I just plan on keeping a closer eye on my nutrition.

No competitive plans for 2009. I know how you said Id change my mind but for now I havent. Still getting settled in with work and plan on moving with my girlfriend this coming summer.
                                Im still planning on something late 2010.
                                I might do some eating challenges in 2009 though. I ate a 48 oz steak last month. I think I could do well at a pancake eating competition lol

Im looking forward to all your updates, so thanks for taking the time to post them.
                                I'm starting to think I was wrong about you changing your mind; it should have worked by now. Haha, oh well, thats how it works for me, at least. Well, waiting till 2010 will give you lots of time to grow and improve, so I can appreciate that.

hahaha, EATING CONTESTS! Let me know how those go.
                                Jeff Rodriguez
                                www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

Working...
                                X