Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff,

I used the Sting Ray for the first time today. So far so good! I'm still acclimating back into training after my show but I had a good leg workout today. The Sting Ray feels different, kinda felt like I might have it a little too far forward I'll have to play with it a little.

Comment

• Jeff, what attachment do you like to use when doing push-downs for the triceps? Rope, v-bar, or cambered bar?

Comment

• Originally posted by mrky03 View Post
        Jeff,

I used the Sting Ray for the first time today. So far so good! I'm still acclimating back into training after my show but I had a good leg workout today. The Sting Ray feels different, kinda felt like I might have it a little too far forward I'll have to play with it a little.

I think I know what you mean. When I first used it, I noticed that it holds the bar a bit further forward than when I don't use it (makes less weight feel heavier). But I got used to this and don't notice it know. It will probably just take some practice and time getting used to it.
        Jeff Rodriguez
        www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlito99 View Post
          Jeff, what attachment do you like to use when doing push-downs for the triceps? Rope, v-bar, or cambered bar?
          Surely not the rope!

A v-bar is fine, but I prefer the cambered bar cause it doesn't dig into my hands. I've also used the short straight bar, which works well, but my favorite is still the cambered bar.
          Jeff Rodriguez
          www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
            No problem man.
            just put your knee caps right on the egde of the pad (since it's wider than the hard bench anyhow) and it should still give you plenty of shin support.
            Yeah I've done them the other way and I thought my knee caps were going to go through my freakin legs lol

Thanks alot for the advice! I did GHR on the pull-down machine and they FINALLY worked. Two things did the trick: 1) your advice about having the bench against the shins and 2) I used a rolled up thin mat and put it at the far end of the flat bench (this made it so that when I would go down, it would shift the pressure from my knee caps to the base of my quads).
            Jeff Rodriguez
            www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jrod View Post
              Thanks alot for the advice! I did GHR on the pull-down machine and they FINALLY worked. Two things did the trick: 1) your advice about having the bench against the shins and 2) I used a rolled up thin mat and put it at the far end of the flat bench (this made it so that when I would go down, it would shift the pressure from my knee caps to the base of my quads).
              Perfect!!
              I also found (the last time I did them) that putting your legs closer together (like hip width or right under) takes a ton of pressure off the outside of the knee. I'm guessing that's the MCL?
              But way way more comfortable as well

You'll start adding weight in no time.

Now you just have to convince Alberto to start doing them
              Assistant to the regional manager.
              Iron8 approved

Comment

• Why not the rope?
                www.ironbrendan.com

Comment

• I used the sting ray for another leg workout on Fri. It felt better this time and I went up in weight. Legs are still sore as hell!

Oh yeah, I watch your leg training video before leg workouts to get me fired up! Man, I would love to be able to train with you! We could really tear it up! That or I would die trying! lol

Keep em coming!

Comment

• Jeff--

I was in Tallahassee (FL) for the holiday. I stopped in a Barnes and Noble and saw a bb mag for naturals. I had never seen it before. Anyway, I flipped through the pages and there you were, a full page ad for Species featuring you.

Congrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronBrendan View Post
                      Why not the rope?
                      I just don't like the way it feels at the bottom (when my wrists start to rotate) and it isn't as stable as the other attachments. It also makes it difficult to handle as much weight; and not in a good way, i think.
                      Jeff Rodriguez
                      www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mrky03 View Post
                        I used the sting ray for another leg workout on Fri. It felt better this time and I went up in weight. Legs are still sore as hell!

Oh yeah, I watch your leg training video before leg workouts to get me fired up! Man, I would love to be able to train with you! We could really tear it up! That or I would die trying! lol

Keep em coming!
                        Haha, I'm sure you'd be fine.

Well, next time you're in the bay area or im in KY, we'll work something out .
                        Jeff Rodriguez
                        www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by pn View Post
                          Jeff--

I was in Tallahassee (FL) for the holiday. I stopped in a Barnes and Noble and saw a bb mag for naturals. I had never seen it before. Anyway, I flipped through the pages and there you were, a full page ad for Species featuring you.

Congrats.
                          Thanks!

That is sort of what happened with me as well. Dave mentioned he'd be using me in an ad and I forgot about it after some time. A while later I was at borders flipping through that magazine and saw the ad.
                          Jeff Rodriguez
                          www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Jeff,

What's your current split/exercise selection looking like? You updated it on your blog on Sept 21 or some time around there... But you switch it every 8 weeks or so right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlito99 View Post
                              Jeff,

What's your current split/exercise selection looking like? You updated it on your blog on Sept 21 or some time around there... But you switch it every 8 weeks or so right?
                              Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to put up my new training split. Here it is: http://jrod123.blogspot.com/

1) Quads/Traps
                              2 x Squats
                              2 x Hack squats
                              3 x Leg Presses
                              /
                              3 x Seated Hammer Strength shrugs

2) Chest/Triceps
                              3 x Partial incline dumbbell presses (inclined between regular incline and flat)
                              2 x Dips
                              1 x Hammer Strength Incline Press
                              /
                              2 x Triceps extensions
                              2 x Close-grip decline press

3) Hamstrings/Calves
                              3 x Glute-Ham raises
                              3 x Seated Leg Curls
                              /
                              6 x Calf Press on hack squat machine
                              (3 sets done on each of 2 different machines)

4) Back/Biceps
                              2 x Barbell rows
                              2 x Straight-bar pulldowns
                              2 x Parallel-bar pulldowns
                              1 x Cable rows
                              /
                              2 x Barbell curls
                              2 x Hammer curls

5) Shoulders/Abs
                              2 x Dumbbell presses
                              2 x Smith Machine overhead presses
                              2 x Dumbbell side laterals
                              /
                              2 x Dumbbell crunches
                              2 x Reverse dumbbell crunches

Jeff Rodriguez
                              www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Your workout split looks tough!

Question, do you think there are any leg exercises that will affect the outer sweep of the thigh more? I've never really subscribed to the theory that you can have that much of an effect on different segments of a muscle. A friend of mine told me that I need more depth or thickness from front to back on my legs so I've been to think of ways to improve in this area. Close stance hack squats maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X