Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jrod, kind of an off topic question. You mentioned youre in a relationship. I assume that theyre not a competitor. But you seem to be a guy who is very methodical, disciplined and you like to keep very strict routines with the way you eat , train...etc. This personality has led alot to your successes in bodybuilding. However, im wondering how you balance it with a relationship. What kind of sacrifices you make for both sides and how you are able to keep them happy when you eat a certain way and cant go out because you have to train or do cardio ....etc. Thanks

    Comment


    • Good music selection as well for the vids.. what was that The Davis sisters sampled by Moby and Capleton? If you like reggae check out Buju Banton as I'm sure you probably know anyways. Matisyahu has got some crazy jewish reggae as well.

      Comment


      • Great video Jeff. One thing I've noticed in my lifting career is that good natural guys are usually stronger than steroid-assisted guys. Anyone else experience this?
        https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

        Comment


        • Originally posted by mzk789 View Post
          Jeff, your in the trenches was the most informationally dense one MD has ever posted, in terms of explaining exactly why you do what you do and regarding alternative interpretations and so forth. Could you PLEASE coerce Dave into posting your post team U "in the trenches" LOL? I think you mentioned a while back that the voice over had already been done.

          Sorry, I missed your post till now. Anyway, you're right, the voice over is done. Sure, I can shoot Dave an email and mention this, but I'm guessing it would be much more effective at coercing him into posting the video if you (the audience) asked for it. Dave's email: huge285@aol.com

          I should warn you, though, this In the Trenches we did post TU this year was NOT the usual training in the Trenches. I think it started out to be, but Bill Comstock and I got carried away. Bill wanted to film me doing all these exercises that I don't normally do and I barely did any weight with them becasue we ended up just messing around. Because of this, the voice over turned out to be more of a general interview than about training.
          Jeff Rodriguez
          www.jrodfitness.com

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jerryjuice View Post
            Jrod, great video man. I am especially impressed with your control and tempo of your negatives. just watching it , it looks like you are taking advantage of the stretch and squeeze of your negatives to help you gain strength/size just as much as the positive motion.
            Yeah, I try to use control on the negative. It feels a lot more "productive" and keeps me from getting out of hand with form and weight selection.
            Jeff Rodriguez
            www.jrodfitness.com

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jerryjuice View Post
              Jrod, kind of an off topic question. You mentioned youre in a relationship. I assume that theyre not a competitor. But you seem to be a guy who is very methodical, disciplined and you like to keep very strict routines with the way you eat , train...etc. This personality has led alot to your successes in bodybuilding. However, im wondering how you balance it with a relationship. What kind of sacrifices you make for both sides and how you are able to keep them happy when you eat a certain way and cant go out because you have to train or do cardio ....etc. Thanks

              Here's how I see it. First of all, people are usually in relationships with other people that they like. So, I would not like someone (in terms of bieng in a relationship with them) if they did not "work" reasonably well with the way I like to live, and therefore would not be in a relationship with them.

              With that said, there are a few sacrifices that both sides have to make. I'm willing to eat out (at certain places) in the offseason; but not when dieting (though I have no problem at all brining my own food!). As for going out, I usually don't stay home just cause I have to train or do cardio (which I dont do that much of anyways); I just make sure I get enough sleep.

              In the end I can honestly say its not that bad. I wouldn't end up with someone that would not be ok with the way I live. And, Yes, there are sacrifices both sides have to make, but when is this any different? For a relationship to work, both sides always have to make SOME kind of sacrifice.
              Jeff Rodriguez
              www.jrodfitness.com

              Comment


              • Originally posted by saucetradomous View Post
                Good music selection as well for the vids.. what was that The Davis sisters sampled by Moby and Capleton? If you like reggae check out Buju Banton as I'm sure you probably know anyways. Matisyahu has got some crazy jewish reggae as well.

                Glad you liked the music.

                You got it:
                first song is Moby--In this World (and that sample is the Davis Sisters)
                second song is Capleton--Praises to the King

                Thanks for the suggestions. I've got some Buju Banton stuff but I should probably check other things by him and I have a friend who likes Matisyahu so I've heard some of his music.
                Jeff Rodriguez
                www.jrodfitness.com

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
                  Great video Jeff. One thing I've noticed in my lifting career is that good natural guys are usually stronger than steroid-assisted guys. Anyone else experience this?

                  Thanks, Tim!

                  I don't really have many friends that I see at the gym that are bodybuilders (and the few that I do have aren't on anything), so I can't really say, but thats a funny observation.
                  Jeff Rodriguez
                  www.jrodfitness.com

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jrod View Post
                    Here's how I see it. First of all, people are usually in relationships with other people that they like. So, I would not like someone (in terms of bieng in a relationship with them) if they did not "work" reasonably well with the way I like to live, and therefore would not be in a relationship with them.

                    With that said, there are a few sacrifices that both sides have to make. I'm willing to eat out (at certain places) in the offseason; but not when dieting (though I have no problem at all brining my own food!). As for going out, I usually don't stay home just cause I have to train or do cardio (which I dont do that much of anyways); I just make sure I get enough sleep.

                    In the end I can honestly say its not that bad. I wouldn't end up with someone that would not be ok with the way I live. And, Yes, there are sacrifices both sides have to make, but when is this any different? For a relationship to work, both sides always have to make SOME kind of sacrifice.
                    Yep, very well said.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jrod View Post
                      Glad you liked the music.

                      Thanks for the suggestions. I've got some Buju Banton stuff but I should probably check other things by him and I have a friend who likes Matisyahu so I've heard some of his music.

                      Here are few suggestions. I love my reggae but Its usually to laid back for training music.

                      check out
                      Nightmaresonwax
                      - don't flip ya lid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydX82aYz1hQ

                      Bujubanton -
                      Paid not played - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iWESeCCc_g

                      champion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bybiiEE7ZyA

                      Complaint feat. Garnett Silk

                      Shabba Ranks
                      Rough Life http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrHOYNmlCaE

                      Matisyahu
                      Close my eyes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Yu4B891n0

                      Atmosphere
                      Blamegame - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbKfBPo7UmE

                      Comment


                      • I see this question asked to a lot of pros... So I'll ask you

                        If you could only do 1 exercise for each body part, which would you pick? It's kind of a dumb question, but it's cool to see what people pick

                        Comment


                        • Question

                          Hey Jeff,

                          In regards to Max-OT training, do you think doing the same type of training week in and week out will cause the body to get used to the same type of load? I am a firm believer in overload vs fatigue but consistently doing 4-6 reps could get the body so used to the stress that growth could stop. Do you think keeping the same structure but changing the rep range now and then would kick start growth? Maybe 8-10 vs 4-6 every so often?

                          Moe

                          Comment


                          • Jeff,

                            Great to see another awesome video! You are one strong dude and an inspiration to all us natties! I particularly like to see a fellow Max-OT trainer in action! This stuff works!

                            Comment


                            • Hi, I have a question: are you always sore after this type of max-ot workout? I'm asking because i've recently tried this workout and I'm a lot less sore than I was doing a higher volume routine. Thanks

                              Comment


                              • Monster barbell rows.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X