Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Creatine

    Originally posted by jrod View Post
    Like Quelly said, thats a good thing. I continue taking creatine all the way up until the show. In fact, I took 5g creatine on the day of the show.
    jrod, thanks for the encouragement on creatine. From Quelly and your thread on the topic, I am learning its welcome use and cycle. Have a good New Year's. ....Jake

    Comment


    • What kind of shoes do you wear to squat in?

      Comment


      • JROD,

        Have you ever experienced any lower back problems while squatting?

        Have a Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Fitzchivalry View Post
          Are you still planning on showing some of your offseason conditioning?

          He will probably still look sliced. This guy is a genetic freak. LUCKY Guy.....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Carlito99 View Post
            What kind of shoes do you wear to squat in?
            They are called "Hardwood" by Nike. They're basketball shoes. I got them about a size too small and like them that way cause my feet don't slide around (though I am forced to only wear them when training quads cause they aren't comfortable for walking around in).

            I got them at Sports Authority for $60-70. Mine are a different color scheme (bue/silver/white), but this is them: http://www.finishline.com/store/cata...tId=prod634590
            Jeff Rodriguez
            www.jrodfitness.com

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Apex23 View Post
              JROD,

              Have you ever experienced any lower back problems while squatting?

              Have a Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!
              Thanks, and Happy New Year to you!

              Fortunately, no. But, my lower back does get sore from squatting. Also, if my lower back is sore already, I don't squat--I make sure it has recovered before I squat.

              I think trying to stay upright and not lean forward a lot during squats helps avoid lower back injuries.
              Jeff Rodriguez
              www.jrodfitness.com

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Apex23 View Post
                He will probably still look sliced. This guy is a genetic freak. LUCKY Guy.....
                Hahaha, we'll see about that when I post these pictures...
                Jeff Rodriguez
                www.jrodfitness.com

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jrod View Post
                  Hahaha, we'll see about that when I post these pictures...
                  Yeah Jeff, you walk around leaner in the off season than most guys are in contest shape!

                  Happy New Year!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jrod View Post
                    They are called "Hardwood" by Nike. They're basketball shoes. I got them about a size too small and like them that way cause my feet don't slide around (though I am forced to only wear them when training quads cause they aren't comfortable for walking around in).

                    I got them at Sports Authority for $60-70. Mine are a different color scheme (bue/silver/white), but this is them: http://www.finishline.com/store/cata...tId=prod634590
                    I just bought some . I was debating between these (after you mentioned them) and Chuck Taylors... These look better so I went with them lol.. Plus they were on sale for $50

                    My regular size is probably 11 or 11.5 so I wanted a 10.5.. But they didn't have that.. 10 was a little too small so I had to go with the 11's.. Hopefully they are fine!

                    How tight are yours... is there room between the front of the shoe and your big toe or are your toes all squished in the front?

                    And would these type of shoes be good for conventional barbell deadlifts?

                    Comment


                    • fats

                      ever run into any problems keeping your fats as low as you do!!!as far as libdo like daves says

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Carlito99 View Post
                        I just bought some . I was debating between these (after you mentioned them) and Chuck Taylors... These look better so I went with them lol.. Plus they were on sale for $50

                        My regular size is probably 11 or 11.5 so I wanted a 10.5.. But they didn't have that.. 10 was a little too small so I had to go with the 11's.. Hopefully they are fine!

                        How tight are yours... is there room between the front of the shoe and your big toe or are your toes all squished in the front?

                        And would these type of shoes be good for conventional barbell deadlifts?
                        There is no room between my big toe and the fron of the shoe, but they don't fell REALLY squished. Just a bit tight. Yours should be fine; just lace them up tight.

                        Actually, I used to train legs in Chucks; all of last year in fact. However, as you mentioned, these look A LOT nicer, they're more comfortable, and they feel like they work just as well as the Chucks, so I like these better.

                        Yeah, I think these would be good for deadlifts as they are flat and don't have much bounce.

                        Enjoy--let me know if you like them after you train quads/deadlift in them.

                        (just FYI, if you bought them at sports authority, they have this shoe insurance thing I thought was pretty cool. For $5-$10 (depending on cost of shoe), you can get insurance for a year. If a seam breaks, or you rip a hole in them, just return within that year and they'll give you a new pair. I'm sure I'm going to tear these up, so next year I'll have another pair... FREE!).
                        Jeff Rodriguez
                        www.jrodfitness.com

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by tornquad2 View Post
                          ever run into any problems keeping your fats as low as you do!!!as far as libdo like daves says
                          Nope, not at all. Offseason I eat plenty of fats, so I'm assuming you mean pre-contest, right? Well, even when I'm as far in as 2 weeks out (when fat is lowest) I don't have a problem with this. In fact, I had this great idea (which I'm sure some of you guys have had before), that I could use sex as a form of cardio, cause sex for cardio is a lot more fun than a treadmill for cardio.
                          Jeff Rodriguez
                          www.jrodfitness.com

                          Comment


                          • Jeff,

                            Great thread, you are doing great by promoting natural bodybuilding. My question concerns Max-OT training as it applies to an older lifter, do you feel that training 5 days a week using the Max-OT principles of heavy overload even with reduced sets would lead to overtraining? It seems to me and I may be wrong that it would create a great demand on the CNS.

                            I look forward to your response and hope this isn't asking you too much out of your realm of knowledge.

                            Thanks.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jrod View Post
                              Nope, not at all. Offseason I eat plenty of fats, so I'm assuming you mean pre-contest, right? Well, even when I'm as far in as 2 weeks out (when fat is lowest) I don't have a problem with this. In fact, I had this great idea (which I'm sure some of you guys have had before), that I could use sex as a form of cardio, cause sex for cardio is a lot more fun than a treadmill for cardio.

                              Sex as a form of cardio sounds great! Meet you at 24 hour on Van Ness around 3?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Johnnielow View Post
                                Jeff,

                                Great thread, you are doing great by promoting natural bodybuilding. My question concerns Max-OT training as it applies to an older lifter, do you feel that training 5 days a week using the Max-OT principles of heavy overload even with reduced sets would lead to overtraining? It seems to me and I may be wrong that it would create a great demand on the CNS.

                                I look forward to your response and hope this isn't asking you too much out of your realm of knowledge.

                                Thanks.
                                Knowing only what you've written above, I can't just say YES or NO. I think a good strategy would be to give it a try and modify it to fit you personally (for example, I use most of the principles of Max-ot, but don't train EXACTLY, 100% max-ot). I don't use the traditional 5 days a week of training schedule. I train 2 days on, 1 day off (or more if needed). I think it would be best if you chose a starting point, using the max-ot principles, then, through trial and error, made it fit you best. This might mean training 5 days a week, or it might mean training 3 days a week--but you'll have to figure out what works best for you.

                                I would say start with training 2 days on, 1 day off (this works well for me). If you later realize this is a bit much, then train a bit less (EG 2 on 2 off; or 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off). If you start to feel like this is too little, then try 5 days a week. Also, I would suggest you err on the side of a bit too little than a bit too much.
                                Jeff Rodriguez
                                www.jrodfitness.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X