Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
    They don't give you insurance at that corp?
    They did, but I got laid off; so now I don't have health insurance anymore.
    Jeff Rodriguez
    www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jrod View Post
      They did, but I got laid off; so now I don't have health insurance anymore.
      Ahhh poo man! Sorry to hear that.
      You got some feelers in the water? I would think with your degree (not that it matters what it's in) would sure make things easier.
      Good luck Hermano!
      Assistant to the regional manager.
      Iron8 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
        Ahhh poo man! Sorry to hear that.
        You got some feelers in the water? I would think with your degree (not that it matters what it's in) would sure make things easier.
        Good luck Hermano!

I was really burned out and unhappy with the job, so I was ok (if not happy) about it. Also, its given me the opportunity to have a break and time to think about what I want to do.

Right now I'm studying for the actuary exam (1/p) so I can get a job as an actuary.
        Last edited by jrod; January 20, 2009, 12:25 AM.
        Jeff Rodriguez
        www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

I was really burned out and unhappy with the job, so I was ok (if not happy) about it. Also, its given me the opportunity to have a break and time to think about what I want to do.

Right now I'm studying for the actuary exam (1/p) so I can get a job as an actuary.
          Yes, sorry to hear about this also. Things are really slow all over, lots of people losing their jobs in my part of the country also. Sounds like you're going to do Ok though!

Comment

• Originally posted by mrky03 View Post
            Yes, sorry to hear about this also.
            Likewise.

Comment

Well there's your positive side right there!!
              Good stuff man!
              Assistant to the regional manager.
              Iron8 approved

Comment

• Just curious not related to bodybuilding. Is joining this forum free? Jeff I am a huge fan of yours. And cannot wait to learn more from you

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffdaddy View Post
                  Just curious not related to bodybuilding. Is joining this forum free? Jeff I am a huge fan of yours. And cannot wait to learn more from you
                  Yes, its free.
                  Jeff Rodriguez
                  www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• your physique is one that i am working so hard to duplicate. well try my best to get there at least. how long did it take you to increase your protein to where it is now? and to find the amount of food and macros that fit u best?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffdaddy View Post
                      your physique is one that i am working so hard to duplicate. well try my best to get there at least. how long did it take you to increase your protein to where it is now? and to find the amount of food and macros that fit u best?
                      I'm still (and will always be) learning what is best for my body (in terms of training and diet).

I'd say I was eating pretty good after 8 months to a year of getting into working out. I didn't know nearly as much as I do now, but thats about when I got the basic idea of eating more protein, every 2-2.5 hours, etc. At that time, though, I was probably eating around 200-240 grams of protein.

Gradually, year after year, I'd eat a bit more (overall and protein). I can't remember exactly when, so here is a guess. I'd say about 2.5-3 years in is when I started eating 350-400g protein, and probably the year after that is when it became at least 400g/day.
                      Jeff Rodriguez
                      www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Hey Jeff,
                        I remember you mentioning how you were really unexperienced going into your first comp but learned to change a few things to make your 2nd go around that much better. What were some of the differences and mistakes you had made compared to your first show. I'm not necessairly talking about diet perse' cause I know you got all that info out so I guess I'm just wanting to know your mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by saucetradomous View Post
                          Hey Jeff,
                          I remember you mentioning how you were really unexperienced going into your first comp but learned to change a few things to make your 2nd go around that much better. What were some of the differences and mistakes you had made compared to your first show. I'm not necessairly talking about diet perse' cause I know you got all that info out so I guess I'm just wanting to know your mistakes.

Yeah, I was REALLY unexperienced. Here are some of the mistakes I can remember:

***I dieted for only 3 weeks and ate mostly tuna and lettuce. (I took an empty 5lb. protein jar and cut it in half--this was my bowl and the only one that could fit all the lettuce. Then I would get those big bags of lettuce and mix in about a pound of lettuce with a can of tuna and add some vinegar and salt).

***I didn't put any protan on my face, hands or feet (no color on those areas). And where I did use protan (on the rest of my body), I was a bit light.

***I didn't know how to pose very well. (though this isnt something I did wrong, I think I just practiced more and knew how to better present myself the second time around). Once I saw pictures of myself from the first show, I figured out which poses looked good on me and which didnt, AND it gave me an idea of how I could do certain poses better.

***For the finals/night show, I was going to pose to two songs, a slow one to start with, then a fast one. So I came up with a routine where I posed slow, then fast. I had no idea we were supposed to do a routine without music during prejudging, so I did my night/fiinals routine during pre-judging. I went from posing really slow, to posing really fast. It must have looked weird because I was the only one hearing the music suddenly speed up in my head as i posed, and when I started going fast the head judge told me to slow down.

For the faster part of my routine I took a lot of poses/transitions from this video (mostly the beggining):

Here's a picture from that show
                          Attached Files
                          Jeff Rodriguez
                          www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

***I dieted for only 3 weeks.
                            I detest you.
                            How much did you weigh again for your first show?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fitzchivalry View Post
                              I detest you.
                              How much did you weigh again for your first show?
                              I don't remember how much I weighed for THAT show, but the following saturday I did the NPC Contra Costa and weighed in at 173 lbs. I didnt know I would do this next show till about wed or thursday (it was on saturday) so I had stopped dieting since after the previous show. So I weighed 173 after 3 weeks of dieting plus 1 week of no dieting. Haha.

(If I had to guess I'd say probably weighed about the same for the first show, though.)
                              Jeff Rodriguez
                              www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• JROD-

I was wondering if you ever had a chance to listen to The NO Bull Radio show with Dr Scott Connelly?

He made a claim that Glutamine can actually make you fat. This is the first time I have ever heard such a thing.

Have you ever heard this? I always thought of it as a glucose diposal agent.

Comment

Working...
                                X