Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffdaddy View Post
    How do you like using beta alanine? What is the reason for adding this?
    I've heard/read good things about it and its not very expensive so I wanted to try it out. As for how I like it, this is from my blog:

Last training cycle I tried out a new supplement; beta alanine. I can't say I'm sure I "FELT" it working, but I did set a lot of personal records last training cycle. It could have been just a coincidence, or not, either way, beta alanine is not very expensive, so I'll keep taking it. I did the loading phase (as suggested) by taking 2.5 grams in the morning, 2.5g pre and post workout, and 2.5 g 1-2 times more throughout the day. I did this for about 3 weeks then started taking just 2.5 grams pre and post workout.
    Jeff Rodriguez
    www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• hey jrod,

any recent picks showing your newly built mass?

Comment

• Hey Jeff, great thread. I was wonderin what your stretching consists of? Sorry if it was already covered earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fatpanda View Post
          hey jrod,

any recent picks showing your newly built mass?
          I don't have any (I don't take pictures very often, if at all), but I'll get some up.
          Jeff Rodriguez
          www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by KMH23 View Post
            Hey Jeff, great thread. I was wonderin what your stretching consists of? Sorry if it was already covered earlier.
            I actually do not stretch much. The only stretching I do, really, is light warm up stretching right before lifting. I just kind of stretch my arms and legs out for a second and thats it--no science/program behind it. I could actually go without it, but its sort of just a habit now.

You may have heard that excessive stretching before training makes you weaker and I've heard there isn't much of a benefit as far as injury prevention goes (for lifting weights, that is; its different for other sports). So, if you plan on stretching, do it after the workout, or at another time--just not before.
            Jeff Rodriguez
            www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Thats funny, I totally expected that you'd have a specific stretching progrom. lol so much for assumptions. I was never much of a stretcher but a lot of the more popular training programs icorporate stretching either during or after or both. Ive been tryin it a little during and after and ive noticted less doms in certain body parts. just curious what some more experienced guys did. thanks for the reply.

Comment

• Jeff,
                How much BCAA's do you take? Do you use capsules or powder?

Comment

• Originally posted by mrky03 View Post
                  Jeff,
                  How much BCAA's do you take? Do you use capsules or powder?

Maybe a bit unecessary (cause I take it with whey isolate/isolyze), but I take 5g pre workout and 5g post workout.
                  Jeff Rodriguez
                  www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• 2009 Offseason photos, taken Febuary 3rd:
                    Attached Files
                    Jeff Rodriguez
                    www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Looks like you're having a very solid off-season! Great work, Jeff!

Comment

• holy smokes...ur back is lookin RIDICULOUSsssssss...keep up the good work mani've been a fan of ur's since dave did the in the trenches when u trained legs and its funny cuz there isnt too many natural guys i admire(its funny because i consider myself natural) have used prohormones about 2 or 3 years ago when i was 19/20 and i got gyno from it :/ sux cuz i had no idea what i was really taking but still consider myself a natural because i will never inject anything into my body...NEVER and will never use anything hormonal ever again but enuff bout that lol...very nice work bro

Comment

• Originally posted by jrod View Post
                          2009 Offseason photos, taken Febuary 3rd:
                          Massive. Monster triceps.

Comment

• awesome progress photos jeff. keeping the nice v taper during the offseason. wish i could get that going for me. you dont take any fat burners do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by jrod View Post
                              Maybe a bit unecessary (cause I take it with whey isolate/isolyze), but I take 5g pre workout and 5g post workout.
                              Thanks Jeff, I used BCAA's this past year before my prep, I don't really know how much it helped. I know there is a lot of research out there to support it.

Wow, you're looking massive!

Comment

• i have a question that might be personal and you dont have to answer if you would not like. in the video shoot you did on md website leading up to 08 TU i seen you talking with stan mcquay...i am a huge fan of his and just wondered if he was giving you any advise or what you guys were discussing. If it wasn't bodybuilding related you dont have to answer of course...thanx

Comment

Working...
                                X