Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your tricep is being used as an anatomy chart

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tita...in_5_steps.htm

(That's you, right? )

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlito99 View Post
      Your tricep is being used as an anatomy chart

(That's you, right? )
      lmaoo fuck i was just about to post that good shit...dude jrod this may mean that u have one of the greatest triceps' in history lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffdaddy View Post
        Jeff,

How are you liking the beta alanine?
        Its not a supplement I can instantly feel. But here's what happened when I took it.

Pretty soon after taking it (about 3 weeks) I started having REALLY good workouts. In fact, for the next 4-8 weeks after, I set a bunch of personal records (squat, bb row, db shoulder press, incline bb press, bb shrugs, triceps extensions). Now, it all could have just been a coincidence. BUT, since beta alanine is pretty cheap, I dont mind risking the guess and just keep on taking it.

I took about 1/2 teaspoon before and after training.

Here's the one I took:
        http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/betaalanine.html
        Jeff Rodriguez
        www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlito99 View Post
          Your tricep is being used as an anatomy chart

(That's you, right? )

Haha, thats pretty cool. Yeah thats my arm. Its from right after weigh ins at the 2006 Team Universe.
          Jeff Rodriguez
          www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by bigw0rm71 View Post
            lmaoo fuck i was just about to post that good shit...dude jrod this may mean that u have one of the greatest triceps' in history lol

I don't know about that. But the graphics on that thing (how it points out the different heads) is pretty cool.
            Jeff Rodriguez
            www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• You're too humble Jeff! You are a walking anatomy chart! Interesting info about beta alanine. I've used supplements that have it included in the mix and I think it helps also.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrky03 View Post
                You're too humble Jeff! You are a walking anatomy chart! Interesting info about beta alanine. I've used supplements that have it included in the mix and I think it helps also.
                Haha, thanks, MrKY.
                Jeff Rodriguez
                www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Why am I not surprised they used your triceps as an example.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrod View Post
                    2009 Offseason photos, taken Febuary 3rd:

Progress photos look great. Give's one motivation to stay natural

Comment

• Hey JRod,

Your glutes and Hamstrings are phenomenal. What exercises do you do during the offseason to get that massive development. I really want to develop some quality size in this area- for my next show.

Here's what I do on leg days, May be you could help me tweak somethings

Sunday (Heavy Leg Day)
                      Squats 5x6-8
                      Front Squats 5x 6-8
                      Leg Curls 5x 8
                      Stiff Legged Deadlift 5x6-8
                      Jeffersons 3x 8 each side burnout
                      Standing Calf Raises 8X8

Hypertrophy Leg workout Thursday
                      Full Squat (Ass- Ankles) 5X12 SS w/ Seated calf Raises 5X12
                      Vertical Leg Press Machine 5x12 SSw/ Standing Calf Raises 5X 12
                      Leg Extension 5X12 SS w/ Seated Leg Curl 5X12
                      Hammer Strength Standing Leg Curl 4X12

Comment

• Originally posted by Maryland Muscle View Post
                        Hey JRod,

Your glutes and Hamstrings are phenomenal. What exercises do you do during the offseason to get that massive development. I really want to develop some quality size in this area- for my next show.

Sunday (Heavy Leg Day)
                        Squats 5x6-8
                        Front Squats 5x 6-8
                        Leg Curls 5x 8
                        Standing Calf Raises 8X8

So on heavy squat days you don't do full reps? Do you just go 90? just curious not flaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dekota View Post
                          So on heavy squat days you don't do full reps? Do you just go 90? just curious not flaming.
                          I go a little bellow 90 on Heavy days and on the other days "Ass to Grass"

Comment

I go a little bellow 90 on Heavy days and on the other days "Ass to Grass"
                            k I try to go 90 during mass and when I lighten up I'll do a full range of motion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dekota View Post
                              Progress photos look great. Give's one motivation to stay natural
                              Thanks!
                              Jeff Rodriguez
                              www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

Hey JRod,

Sunday (Heavy Leg Day)
                                Squats 5x6-8
                                Front Squats 5x 6-8
                                Leg Curls 5x 8
                                Standing Calf Raises 8X8

Hypertrophy Leg workout Thursday
                                Full Squat (Ass- Ankles) 5X12 SS w/ Seated calf Raises 5X12
                                Vertical Leg Press Machine 5x12 SSw/ Standing Calf Raises 5X 12
                                Leg Extension 5X12 SS w/ Seated Leg Curl 5X12
                                Hammer Strength Standing Leg Curl 4X12
                                5x6-8 means 5 set of 6-8 reps each set, right? If so, damn, that is a lot of sets... You just train differently than I do. On my "heavy days" I only do 2-3 sets of squats and a total of 6 sets for quads.

I think squats, lunges (I prefer doing them stationary/IE split squat), and bulgarian split squats (lunges with back leg up on a bench) are great exercises for glutes. I've never done a Jeffereson before, so I couldn't say about those. Also, I'd say that going deep on squats recruits the glutes more than if you stay above parallel.

*on a side note, be careful when you go REALLY deep on squats (ass to grass), this might be a bit rough on your knees.

As for hamstrings, I like stiff legged deadlifts best and glute ham raises second best. If you don't have access to a glute ham raise machine, you can do it like Layne Norton does (search youtube) and put a flat bench next to the lat pulldown machine....
                                Jeff Rodriguez
                                www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

Working...
                                X