Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffdaddy View Post
    Any updates on your progress JEff.
    Right now I am on a break from training (I'll take about 5 days off). My last training cycle went pretty well as a whole, but it went particularly well for back. I'll come up with a new training split in the next few days and post it on my blog and here.
    Jeff Rodriguez
    www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Jeff what was your previous back workout and what sort of #'s did you end with in your cycle?
      MorphogenNutrition.com
      Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
        Jeff what was your previous back workout and what sort of #'s did you end with in your cycle?
        It went like this, and here is what I got up to in term of weight (highest) between 4-6 reps:

3 x Straight-bar Pulldowns: 335 (300 stack+attached 35 lbs plate)
        2 x Hammer strength close grip supinated pulldowns: 3x45+35 each side
        2 x Hammer strength single arm row: 5x45 each side

So you know what I'm talking about, here is the hammer strength pull down i used: http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com...tPullDown1.jpg

and here is the hammer strength row machine I used:
        http://www.olympicfitnessclub.com/images/iso-row.jpg
        Jeff Rodriguez
        www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• How's your shoulder? Any chance for an upcoming video of Chest/Tri's, etc. soon?

Comment

• Hi Jeff, when you were drinking 5 gallons of water, did you drink that plain or did you add crystal light or sugar free kool-aid to it?? thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fitzchivalry View Post
              How's your shoulder? Any chance for an upcoming video of Chest/Tri's, etc. soon?

Hey, whats up.

My shoulder has been getting better. I've just been doing exercises which dont bother it.

I haven't been wanting to shoot this video because I'd like to put together a video that is indicative of how I REALLY train, instead of how I train around something hurting. I took some time off and it feels better, so maybe in the next few weeks I'll put it together (gotta find someone to film me, though, and its not easy). I'll make it happen eventually!

How's your training going?
              Jeff Rodriguez
              www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jrod View Post
                Hey, whats up.

My shoulder has been getting better. I've just been doing exercises which dont bother it.

I haven't been wanting to shoot this video because I'd like to put together a video that is indicative of how I REALLY train, instead of how I train around something hurting. I took some time off and it feels better, so maybe in the next few weeks I'll put it together (gotta find someone to film me, though, and its not easy). I'll make it happen eventually!

How's your training going?
                I dont know what your exact shoulder injury is but I've had chronic rotator cuff pain in my right shoulder for about 2 years. It hurts the most on flat/incline barbell bench pressing. anyway i started taking USP labs Cissus 3 weeks ago and it feels significantly better. I dont know if it would help your specific injury, but maybe, just trying to help

Comment

• Originally posted by natedogg View Post
                  Hi Jeff, when you were drinking 5 gallons of water, did you drink that plain or did you add crystal light or sugar free kool-aid to it?? thanks.
                  Just in case, I should say, I only drink 5 gallons for 3 days. I drink about 3 gallons for the rest of the time/previous weeks of contest prep.

If I were training, I'd drink 2-3 gallons plain and the rest crystal light. If I didnt train I'd drink probably 1 gallon plain and the rest crystal light. I use one of the tubs for a gallon. I've never tried kool-aid.
                  Jeff Rodriguez
                  www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerStealth View Post
                    I dont know what your exact shoulder injury is but I've had chronic rotator cuff pain in my right shoulder for about 2 years. It hurts the most on flat/incline barbell bench pressing. anyway i started taking USP labs Cissus 3 weeks ago and it feels significantly better. I dont know if it would help your specific injury, but maybe, just trying to help
                    Its not really a bad injury, it just gets annoying and should be addressed before it gets worse. Like you described, its mostly on flat and incline for me.

Thanks! I honestly appreciate that. You're the second person that has mentioned this. I think I might give it a try now; I'll search around for it.

Thanks!
                    Jeff Rodriguez
                    www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Here's my new training cycle: www.jrod123.blogspot.com

1) Hamstrings/Calves

3 x Glute-Ham raises
                      3 x Seated Leg Curls
                      /
                      2 x Seated Calf Raises
                      3 x Donkey Calf Raises (or standing)

2) Back/Biceps/Rear Delts

2 x Straight-bar pulldowns
                      3 x Hammer Strength Close Grip Pulldowns
                      2 x Cable rows
                      /
                      2 x seated hammer curls
                      2 x cable or preacher curls
                      /
                      2 x Reverse Pec-Deck

3) Shoulders/Abs

3 x 1-arm dumbbell side laterals
                      2 x 1-arm cable side laterals
                      /
                      3 x Dumbbell crunches
                      2 x Machine crunches

4) Quads/Traps

2 x Squats
                      3 x Freemotion squats
                      2 x Leg Presses
                      /
                      3 x Smith machine shrugs

5) Chest/Triceps

2 x Incline Barbell/Dummbell (or Hammer Strength) Presses
                      2 x Hammer Strength Decline/Flat Press
                      2 x Dips
                      /
                      2 x Triceps extensions
                      2 x Push downs
                      Jeff Rodriguez
                      www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Shoulder Injury

Hey Jeff,

For what it's worth, one of my shoulders would give me trouble during any pressing exercise - grinding, clicking and pain. I could still press the weight but it wasn't fun.

I started doing a smaller bodypart before the larger ones which helped warm up the area even more and didn't impact the weight used in the larger bodypart based on how I combined them. For example. biceps then chest | triceps then back.

The pain vanished completely and now I can go back to doign the larger first without any pain.

Maybe worth a shot.

Moe

Comment

• Originally posted by demer_ma View Post
                          Hey Jeff,

For what it's worth, one of my shoulders would give me trouble during any pressing exercise - grinding, clicking and pain. I could still press the weight but it wasn't fun.

I started doing a smaller bodypart before the larger ones which helped warm up the area even more and didn't impact the weight used in the larger bodypart based on how I combined them. For example. biceps then chest | triceps then back.

The pain vanished completely and now I can go back to doign the larger first without any pain.

Maybe worth a shot.

Moe
                          Thanks, Moe!
                          Jeff Rodriguez
                          www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• When you do incline barbell presses, is the incline at the standard 45 degree angle? Or is your incline bench adjustable, and you lower it?

If it's at 45 degrees, do you feel it hits the delts very hard or does it work well for you to hit the upper chest?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlito99 View Post
                              When you do incline barbell presses, is the incline at the standard 45 degree angle? Or is your incline bench adjustable, and you lower it?

If it's at 45 degrees, do you feel it hits the delts very hard or does it work well for you to hit the upper chest?
                              When I use the barbell, I do the standard, fixed angle incline bench. When I do dumbbells, I like to use an angle between flat and the standar/45 degree incline.

Given the choice, I prefer the way I do it with dumbbells.
                              Jeff Rodriguez
                              www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jrod View Post
                                When I use the barbell, I do the standard, fixed angle incline bench. When I do dumbbells, I like to use an angle between flat and the standar/45 degree incline.

Given the choice, I prefer the way I do it with dumbbells.
                                Do you do the incline barbell presses very often? Do you feel they hit delts too much and chest not enough?

Comment

Working...
                                X