Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Jeff Rodriguez Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrismac365
    replied
    So... 2014?

Leave a comment:

• anthonyUSMC
    replied
    LOL! Thanks, i plan on keeping moderate cardio 3 to 4 times a week (20mins stepmill or high incline tredmill).

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by anthonyUSMC View Post
    Thanks! Your thoughts on offseason and calorie intake? Is there a magic number, weight wise you typically stay? Layne states you should on get 15lbs over contest weight. But for me weighing at 140lbs (recent contest weight) and being in the bantam’s, which would top out at 150 ¼. I think I can put some quality mass with 3 to 4 months (bulk phase) before I pick a pro show to compete. But I know quality mass is a fine line just being a fatazz. As of right now my calorie intake is 3100 per day.

I know your disclaimer “I don’t know your metabolism…” but here is my breakdown:

3100 cal (100%)
    Carbs – 256 (33%)
    Proteins – 364 (47%)
    Fats – 86g (25%)

Current weight 148lbs and I was thinking I could get to 165lbs before I start dieting. Plan on dieting for 21 weeks just to ensure I can hang with the pro’s.

Without any disclaimer, that looks good. Looks really close to the way I structure my diet, actually. Just keep watch on your bodyfat levels and if you're staying lean or decent shape, great; if you start to put on more bodyfat than you'd like or it gets to the point where its gonna make dieting hard, then cut back on the carbs a bit/gradually.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyUSMC
    replied
    Thanks! Your thoughts on offseason and calorie intake? Is there a magic number, weight wise you typically stay? Layne states you should on get 15lbs over contest weight. But for me weighing at 140lbs (recent contest weight) and being in the bantam’s, which would top out at 150 ¼. I think I can put some quality mass with 3 to 4 months (bulk phase) before I pick a pro show to compete. But I know quality mass is a fine line just being a fatazz. As of right now my calorie intake is 3100 per day.

I know your disclaimer “I don’t know your metabolism…” but here is my breakdown:

3100 cal (100%)
    Carbs – 256 (33%)
    Proteins – 364 (47%)
    Fats – 86g (25%)

Current weight 148lbs and I was thinking I could get to 165lbs before I start dieting. Plan on dieting for 21 weeks just to ensure I can hang with the pro’s.

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by anthonyUSMC View Post
    JROD!!!! Where u been? Where r u hiding these days?? I wanted to give you an update on my contest endeavors… Well did another show in October (2011 INBF Doc Brown East Coast Natural), Won my class (Bantam) and the overall, winning my INBF Rookie Pro Card.

I’m looking forward to seeing what you have new for next year and who knows… maybe someday I can hang with you monsters at the TU’s

Hope all is well…

Hi Anthony. Wow congratulations on winning the overall and getting a pro card; as a bantam weight too! Thanks for the update, enjoy your offseason.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyUSMC
    replied
    JROD!!!! Where u been? Where r u hiding these days?? I wanted to give you an update on my contest endeavors… Well did another show in October (2011 INBF Doc Brown East Coast Natural), Won my class (Bantam) and the overall, winning my INBF Rookie Pro Card.

I’m looking forward to seeing what you have new for next year and who knows… maybe someday I can hang with you monsters at the TU’s

Hope all is well…

Leave a comment:

• douggiefresh
    replied
    Originally posted by jrod View Post
    Hi Doug,

What I've done in the past (except for this last show) is this: 3 gallons of water throughout most of prep (starting about 8-10 weeks out), then 5 gallons of water at 4,3,2 then 1.5 gallons at 1 day out and about 1/2-3/4 gallon before prejudging (which is at night). I also would reduce my sodium intake by not adding sodium/salt/seasoning to my food and having only what was naturally occuring.

This year, I just kept things very simple and stable throughout my prep as follows: about 2.5 gallons per day (more if I wanted, usually not less though) even on the final week and days of the show. And, my sodium intake stayed exactly the same on the days before and days of the show.
    Sounds good man! Thanks for the info! Hope your offseason treats you well. Keep in touch.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyUSMC
    replied
    Great progression vid; I saw the contest pics you looked awesome. I had you number 1, I thought you brought a better package and conditioning was superb! Ur symmetry looked similar to a Frank Zane. CONGRATS!

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Updated my blog with my diet for this year:

http://jrod123.blogspot.com/

And here's a slideshow of progress pics for this year:

EDIT: Here's a direct link to the diet since its not at the top of the blog
    http://jrod123.blogspot.com/2011/07/...ks-out-to.html

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Giant View Post
    Whenever I think of triceps I think jrod.
    Any particlar movement/technique that has helped your tricep development, jrod?

Well done BTW.
    Here are a few exercises for triceps that I like:

Lying triceps extensions with a curl bar(wish i could do these more, I used to A LOT, but they kill my elbow now--keep elbows in/don't flare them out)
    Lying/incline triceps extensions using a cable/pulley (these feel much less stressful on my elbows, only recently started doing these)
    Close grip bench press (I prefer to do these on a smith machine)
    Dips (hammers strength has a nice machine for these, or do them free-weight with a dip belt)
    cable push downs

Here's a bodybuilding.com article/interview of me about triceps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jeff...-interview.htm

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    Originally posted by douggiefresh View Post
    Jeff huge congrats on the 2nd place at TU (even though I definitely had you first). Was nice to meet/chat with you.

You have a really classic, aesthetically pleasing physique and definitely had crazy conditioning. Your side chest and tri were unmatched up there I thought. Up top and the wheels with great ham and quad separation. Looking forward too seeing your progress keep at it!

Gotta question too while I'm here, I read earlier in your thread that you drink anywhere from 3.5 to 5 gallons of water a day leading up to your shows. Do you still do this? Reason I'm asking is because this year I did the same with my prep I was drinking at the very least 4 gallons of water a day up until the Thursday before my show. I know I saw a huge difference in my conditioning.

Hi Doug,

What I've done in the past (except for this last show) is this: 3 gallons of water throughout most of prep (starting about 8-10 weeks out), then 5 gallons of water at 4,3,2 then 1.5 gallons at 1 day out and about 1/2-3/4 gallon before prejudging (which is at night). I also would reduce my sodium intake by not adding sodium/salt/seasoning to my food and having only what was naturally occuring.

This year, I just kept things very simple and stable throughout my prep as follows: about 2.5 gallons per day (more if I wanted, usually not less though) even on the final week and days of the show. And, my sodium intake stayed exactly the same on the days before and days of the show.

Leave a comment:

• Giant
    replied
    Whenever I think of triceps I think jrod.
    Any particlar movement/technique that has helped your tricep development, jrod?

Well done BTW.

Leave a comment:

• douggiefresh
    replied
    Jeff huge congrats on the 2nd place at TU (even though I definitely had you first). Was nice to meet/chat with you.

You have a really classic, aesthetically pleasing physique and definitely had crazy conditioning. Your side chest and tri were unmatched up there I thought. Up top and the wheels with great ham and quad separation. Looking forward too seeing your progress keep at it!

Gotta question too while I'm here, I read earlier in your thread that you drink anywhere from 3.5 to 5 gallons of water a day leading up to your shows. Do you still do this? Reason I'm asking is because this year I did the same with my prep I was drinking at the very least 4 gallons of water a day up until the Thursday before my show. I know I saw a huge difference in my conditioning.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyUSMC
    replied
    WOW!!! Ur arm looks like an anatomy chart!! I would wish u luck but u don’t need it!

Leave a comment:

• anthonyUSMC
    replied
    Thanks man, the judges also thought i should have done the open! I had alot of fun and can't wait til the next show!!! Hit me up on FB!! (Anthony Delgado) u cant miss my profile, i have the taking a dump look!!LOL!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X