Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Cheat Day Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deak007
    replied
    Originally posted by Ace Corona View Post
    deak007, can you explain this concept to me in greater detail? I'm dieting right now, and I need any and all advice about dieting that I can get.
    Straight from Layne Norton's article....

Re-feed on the day you work your worst body part(s) as re-feeding will not only raise leptin, but be quite anabolic.

Keep fat as low as possible during re-feed days as high insulin levels will increase dietary fat transport into adipose tissue. In addition dietary fat has little to no impact on leptin levels.

Reduce protein intake to 1 g/lb bodyweight.

Consume as little fructose as possible as fructose does not have an impact on leptin levels.

Increase calories to maintenance level (or above if you are an ectomorph) and increase carbs by at least 50-100% (endo's stay on the low end, while ecto's should stay on the high end) over normal diet levels.

Leave a comment:

• Ace Corona
    replied
    Originally posted by deak007 View Post
    I cheat once every 2 weeks... but when I'm dieting, I re-feed... not cheat...
    deak007, can you explain this concept to me in greater detail? I'm dieting right now, and I need any and all advice about dieting that I can get.

Leave a comment:

• deak007
    replied
    I cheat once every 2 weeks... but when I'm dieting, I re-feed... not cheat...

Leave a comment:

• HangingLegRaise
    replied
    Personally, I only like to have a cheat meal once every two weeks or so (even in the off season), because I carb cycle depending on what I`m training. I`d say if your cheat is just going to be extra energy some extra carbs in your breakfast, pre and post workout meal is the best option, but if your cheat meal is just going to be to quench your desires eat whatever it is you want whenever you want it.

Leave a comment:

• KindaSwol
    replied
    I typically have my clients do there cheat meal (burger/fries/dessert) the night of the weaker body part trained. So if chest was your weak area.. make your cheat meal your last meal of the day you train chest. IMO

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    personally i like to have the cheat meal the day before the weak body part. A cheat meal that is high in fat and carbs (as most are) will take a LONG time to digest, and you will see the benefits from it the next day

Leave a comment:

• <ULTRA-MEGA>
    replied
    depends what the cheat meal is.

if its real carb heavy with protein then yeah why not have it on your workout day? maybe not as a pre-workout.
    if its like burger and fries a with a thickshake then don't do that for a pre workout meal, have it like meal 1 or something.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    it depends on what time you train. I eat heavy on sundays so I have fuel for brutal backworkouts on mon

Leave a comment:

• BodyX
    started a topic Cheat Day Question

Cheat Day Question

What's up guys? Quick question about a cheat day. I'm not training for a show but I try my best to eat relatively clean and am looking to throw in one cheat day. A body part I would greatly like to improve is chest... so this question is... is best to use the cheat day the day before chest, the day of chest, or the day after chest.... Right now I'm leaning towards the day after chest.
Working...
X