Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What is the upper age limit to start becoming a bodybuilder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the upper age limit to start becoming a bodybuilder?

I'm 41 years old, overweight and out of shape. When I was 25 I could do 100 pushups and 15 pullups, and I was in the best shape of my life. My physical stats are I'm 5'-11.5" tall and 245 pounds. My arms are about 15 and a half inches in circumference.

I'm convinced it isn't too late for me, but just out of curiosity I was wondering what the upper age limits are for people who are out of shape and just getting into bodybuilding for the first time. I know I'm not working out for the first time, I was in shape when I was 25, but that was so long ago that it's like I'm starting from scratch.

I go through periods of being "into" bodybuilding for short periods of time, then I go back to a sedentary lifestyle. I just bought a 2-year membership to a gym that I bought from Costco, so that has me inspired about going to the gym more frequently, so hopefully this time I will stick with working out. I want to lower my risk of heart disease and diabetes by losing bodyfat and gaining muscle.

So is there an invisible age ceiling for older people who have never worked out that much, who want to become bodybuilders and compete?

In my opinion there is not really an age where you cannot compete or your chances of gaining muscle. Now being older it is harder to gain muscle and lose BF due to age. But being older allows for you to carry around more dense and mature concrete.
    AAEFX Board Rep....www.aaefx.com

Comment

Originally posted by proteinshake03 View Post
      In my opinion there is not really an age where you cannot compete or your chances of gaining muscle. Now being older it is harder to gain muscle and lose BF due to age. But being older allows for you to carry around more dense and mature concrete.
      Thanks, Proteinshake03

Comment

Working...
      X