Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Training 5 Days A Week For Mass

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Training 5 Days A Week For Mass

    Anyone here who does this? What is your split, exercises, sets, days you take off, and results. I'm talking weight training with zero cardio.

  • #2
    However you plan the training, you're going to be training 3 or more days in a row; that's going to be fairly taxing if the intensity of the training is high. So it's also going to come down to nutrition and your individual recovery ability.

    Not saying it's a bad idea, but for a natty it's a lot riskier in terms of overtraining than say a 3 or 4 day training week.

    Comment


    • #3
      I train 6 days a week and make great gains.

      Chest
      Upper Back/Back Width/Arms
      Legs
      Shoulders
      Arms
      Back/Hams/Calves

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by D-NUTZ View Post
        I train 6 days a week and make great gains.
        So do I, but 3 of those days are only doing one movement so it's not as full on as it sounds.

        MON: SQUATS
        TUE: BENCH
        WED: DL
        THU: REST
        FRI: LEGS w SQUAT VARIATION
        SAT: CHEST w BENCH VARIATION
        SUN: BACK w DL VARIATION

        Comment


        • #5
          Can you guys give us your sets, reps, if you take a set to failure, and your nutrition? Thanks for the replies Nuts and Fork.

          Comment


          • #6
            Check out my journal in the training journal section.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by moreps View Post
              Can you guys give us your sets, reps, if you take a set to failure, and your nutrition? Thanks for the replies Nuts and Fork.
              WEEK 1: SQUAT (ME) / BENCH (MEDIUM 80%) / DL (LIGHT 70%)
              WEEK 2: BENCH (ME) / DL (MEDIUM 80%) / SQUAT (LIGHT 70%)
              WEEK 3: DL (ME) / BENCH (LIGHT 70%) / SQUAT (MEDIUM 80%)
              WEEK 4: Focus on hypertrophy, weak point training, ancillary moves, speed, technique etc

              ME = 1RM

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by D-NUTZ View Post
                Check out my journal in the training journal section.
                Yep, same. My point of difference with nutrition is that I'm a vegetarian.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by D-NUTZ View Post
                  Check out my journal in the training journal section.
                  Checked it out. What do you weigh and what is your height? How many kcals do you take in per day?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
                    Yep, same. My point of difference with nutrition is that I'm a vegetarian.
                    Fork, what are your stats and what is your macro intake? (Pro/Carb/Fat) Thanks man.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by moreps View Post
                      Fork, what are your stats and what is your macro intake? (Pro/Carb/Fat) Thanks man.
                      Bodyweight about 140lb at 5'8.

                      Macros I'm not sure, at a guess something like 50/30/20.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by moreps View Post
                        Checked it out. What do you weigh and what is your height? How many kcals do you take in per day?
                        5 11.......205

                        I just droppd my kcals from 2800 to 2600....trying to lean out 300p, 250c, 60f....ish

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
                          Bodyweight about 140lb at 5'8.

                          Macros I'm not sure, at a guess something like 50/30/20.
                          Yes, but how many calories?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by moreps View Post
                            Yes, but how many calories?
                            Average day is around 3,000.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
                              Average day is around 3,000.
                              That's a lot of calories for a guy your size. You must either be training very heavy with volume, or taking sets to failure.. Very strong on the deads. Congrats on your records.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X