Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Training 5 Days A Week For Mass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moreps View Post
    Bump for John.... Are you natural??
    Steroids are illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by D-NUTZ View Post
      No studies. Doesn't count.
      hahaha..

I'll leave you with this..

John M

John M

John M

Comment

Originally posted by D-NUTZ View Post
        Did you see my routine at all?

Only 4 days are heavy.
        I did see your routine. But even on light days your still putting stress on your joints and ligaments. But to each his own. I was just stating my opinion from my experience.
        Last edited by yusef; January 25, 2013, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaindog1 View Post
          My joints actually feel better now than when I was in my 20's. As D mentioned...not all days are heavy. That is key. And as other posters pointed out, nutrition has to be perfect...get these things in order..gradually build up volume and you are in business. I also take a full month every year to totally rest and do take a few months of training 4 or 5 days a week instead of 6 or 7 when coming out of the break.

I used to think that as we get got more advanced we needed more rest time as well, but I have done a 180 on that seeing what people are capable of when all factors are in line.

JM
          What I highlighted above is key! And when you say all factors are in line you must also mean supplementation. But for the natural bodybuilder I do think IMO more rest is more beneficial and healthy in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by yusef View Post
            I did see your routine. But even on light days your still putting stress on your joints and ligaments. But to each his own. I was just stating my opinion from my experience.
            Its working for me so far bro.

I plan to stop at the first signs of over doing it.

Not too stressful if its light though.

Comment

Originally posted by yusef View Post
              What I highlighted above is key! And when you say all factors are in line you must also mean supplementation. But for the natural bodybuilder I do think IMO more rest is more beneficial and healthy in the long run.
              I agree with more rest for natty when growing.

When trying to cut though, more training = less cardio = more muscle retained.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane Gesbeck View Post
                I'm a natural competitor and have had my best bodybuilding results following Max-OT. I come from a powerlifting background (westside training) and the lower volume, heavy weight, and lower reps (4-6 reps) work for my personality. I did have to make some modifications though, more for my age (almost 49) than anything. I do 8 week cycles. Week one is an acclimation week with moderate weights. Then I do three progressively heavier weeks trying to exceed previous week's weight or reps on all exercise. Week 5 is a cruise week where I drop back in weight and then I do three progressively heavier weeks again. Then I take a complete week off. When I start a new cycle I change the bodypart days and usually change around the exercises.

Several TU competitors trained using Max-OT back in the early 2000's. I know everyone has an opinion about the natural status of the TU competitors but that's not my point. Earl Snyder, Jeff Willet, Skip LaCour, Derik Farnsworth, Bill Lawrence were all doing a form of Max-OT then and they were all at the top of their respective classes.

The nutrition will have the biggest impact on results though.....as with almost all programs. Pre and post workout nutrition are top priorities.
                Shane, what is your nutrition like when engaging in this type of workout? When mass gains are a goal?

Comment

i know its an old dead thread
                  but i read few days ago that naturals have to hit their body more frequently than non naturals
                  and they have to train each body part 2 times per week
                  and i have seen many many naturals doing push/pull/legs split witch allow them to hit each body part twice weekly with good amount of rest
                  what's your take on this one
                  i have been training for 3 years 4-5 days/ week

Comment

I train every day. 5 day rotation
                    back n bis
                    chest n tris
                    legs
                    shoulders n abs
                    1 hour cardio
                    repeate

Comment

I train every day. 5 day rotation