Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Mass Diet For Low Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Diet For Low Volume

Looking for a diet that will put muscle and weight on a 145 pound trainer who trains low volume with the basics - Rack Pulls, Weighted Dips, BB Rows, Heavy Leg Presses, Romanian DL's, DB Rows, Incline Press, BB Curls. Two sets max, go to failure, taking creatine Mono and HMB, fish oil, bcaa's. Currently taking in 2700 calories with 180 grams pro, 200 grams carb, 122 grams fats.

If you're not gaining weight, increase calories. Simple.

Also, you shouldn't train to failure each workout. It is not a very efficient way to train.

Comment

depends on how you are at 145.. if you're 145 with barely any fat, then chances are you're an extreme ecto, and 2700 calories won't do anything for you...
      if you're 145 and soft, we'd need to know your height, and go from there..

and agreed, training to failure year round will be too taxing to recover from.. if you're doing a MAX OT, or HIT, or DC type of training, that's different, but every time i train like that i start feeling like i'm going to break down and die after about 6-8 weeks, it's so taxing.. it works, and well, i look my best when i train like that.. but in short periods.. don't forget to take a deload week here and there if you're training like that.

Comment

Originally posted by moreps View Post
        Looking for a diet that will put muscle and weight on a 145 pound trainer who trains low volume with the basics - Rack Pulls, Weighted Dips, BB Rows, Heavy Leg Presses, Romanian DL's, DB Rows, Incline Press, BB Curls. Two sets max, go to failure, taking creatine Mono and HMB, fish oil, bcaa's. Currently taking in 2700 calories with 180 grams pro, 200 grams carb, 122 grams fats.

Hey Bro, when I started back training I was an endomorph. I put on mass within 3 to 4 months of training with killer mass exercises for every muscle group. I ate a moderate amount of carbs and high protein in my diet. I did bent over rows, bench and incline bench, deadlifts, squats, leg presses, standing and seated calf raises, military dumbell presses, shrugs, barbell curls with the big bar, dips, skull crushers, dumbell rows, lying leg curls, stiff leg deadlifts, Lat pulldowns (heavy), cable rows (heavy), dumbell curls (all kinds). You name it bro, I did that every week for 3 to 4 months. Now, I'm doing more isolation movements and getting more detailed. This should help you, man!

Comment

Working...
        X