Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

The Natural One: Kyoshi Moody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Natural One: Kyoshi Moody

As the title says; the official thread of The Natural One (I dont think Dave would mind). I know Kyoshi has had a few questions regarding his training methods, so hopefully we can get them down here.

consider it stickied
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

Any Questions

Damn, Thanks guys!!! I will do my best to answer any questions I can about myself, training methods, dieting, contest prep etc.. Nothing held back!!!!

Thanks Layne and cleanbulker!!!
      kiyoshimoody.com
      *TEAM GENR8* genr8speed.com

Comment

What would be a typical days eating for you and how do you train? What are your hobbies?

Comment

Id like your thoughts on morning cardio, first thing, prior to eating anything, but supplementing with BCAAs or EEAs, glutamine or the like.

I have employed this for this current prep, after long debate, and its working quite well. I do 7 grams glutamine, 8 mass aminos, and some essential amino acids about 20 mins before starting, along with plenty of H20 prior to beginning.

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            consider it stickied
            good on ya layne.
            best of luck for 2008.

Comment

any pics???

Comment

Introduction

Happy New Year to Everyone!!

Let me start off by introducing myself.

I just turned 37 years young. I was originally born in Japan and came to the United States at the young age of two. I grew up in San Diego, California and thats where I currently reside. I first started weight training back in college for football and track where I qualified for the US Olympic trials in the 100m and they went on to play Professional Arena Footbal and a brief stint in the NFL. I became serious about weight training and bodybuilding back in 1998. Where I competed in my first show ABA Hercules Classic where I won the Novice overall title and the Open Overall Title and from there caught the bug and went on to compete in 20 more shows that over the next 2 years. Then took a very long layoff frommthe sport until this past year. Where I competed in the San Diego Classic and won the Light HeavyWeight title and went on to win the Overall as well. Having never competed in the NPC, this was a new avenue I was coming down, knowing that the majority of competitors I was up against have used or are using gear. So with guidance from an NPC judge he convinced me to compete in my first national level show " Team Universe" where I won the light HeavyWeight Class. I usually diet up for a show meaning in the offseason I drop weight but this season will be the first time I am going to try things a little different by gaining a few pounds here and there for me it's not trying to put on as much weight as possible but to improve on bodyparts that are lagging currently I weigh 215lbs the most I have ever weighed and the next competiton will be the 2008 Team Universe in NYC. You can catch my training logs in SpeciesNutriton.com under the my blogs starting Jan 7.

I will be open to answer any questions you throw at me!!!

Kiyoshi Moody

kiyoshimoody.com

Comment

Originally posted by GALTONATOR View Post
                  What would be a typical days eating for you and how do you train? What are your hobbies?

Completly honest right now a typical day for myself right now would in the am:
                  meal 1 - 1 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup of lana's eggwhites
                  meal 2 - cytogainer shake with waxy maize and cell mass
                  meal 3 - some type of fast food
                  meal 4 - same
                  Meal 5 - After training Isollze protein with waxy maize and cell mass
                  Meal 6 - 12oz steak or bbq chicken with 2 cups white rice and veggies
                  Any a pack of red vines somwwhere throughout the day

Considering I have had many knee surgeries resulting from football 8 total. I have learned to train smart.

mon - Back
                  tues - chest
                  wed - off
                  thurs - legs
                  fri - shoulders
                  sat or sun - back or chest again

Arms are don every other week, sometime every three weeks

My hobbies - Damn if you have a ps3 or xbox 360 and ur on line u can catch me playing Madden!!! Also I still play Flag football in a league on saturdays.
                  kiyoshimoody.com

Comment

Originally posted by scoobysnacks View Post
                    Id like your thoughts on morning cardio, first thing, prior to eating anything, but supplementing with BCAAs or EEAs, glutamine or the like.

I have employed this for this current prep, after long debate, and its working quite well. I do 7 grams glutamine, 8 mass aminos, and some essential amino acids about 20 mins before starting, along with plenty of H20 prior to beginning.

Thanks,

Jason

Hey Jason,

I am a big believer in different strokes for different folks. meaning what works for me might not work for you and vice versa.

But here goes, morning cardio session is the best on an empty stomach first thing when you wake up in the morning. For myself for contest prep I roll out of bed jump on my treadmill or go to the gym to hit the stairmill. For the first month i have a cup of green tea before i hit the cardio session closer i get to a show I use thermogenics.

As I get down to the last 4 weeks before the show I start to implement aminos and glutamine for 2 weeks before my cardio session so my body will not go catabolic.

If it aint broke dont fix it, u can only improve on it.
                    kiyoshimoody.com

Comment

what does your creatine and water consumption look like during a contest diet and up to show day????
                      Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                      F.I.T. Corps

Comment

HUGEEEE...AHHH.... how long have you been training?
                        "The worst thing i can be is the same as everybody else."
                        Arnold S.

Comment

Originally posted by lilGiant View Post
                          what does your creatine and water consumption look like during a contest diet and up to show day????

As for creatine, I use Cell mass all the way up to a month before a competition. Since creatine is found in beef at the same time I eat alot of beef all the way to show date. As far as water consumption everyone has questioned me on how I go about my h20 all the way up to the day of the competiton. Prior to the week before the show I drink 2 to 3 gallons per day even waking up in the middle of the night to drink water. The week prior looks like this.

Sat - 3 gallons
                          Sun - 3 gallons
                          Mon - 2 gallons
                          Tues - 1 1/2 gallons
                          Wed - 1/2 gallon
                          Thurs - 16oz
                          Fri - 8oz
                          Day of the show saturday no water at all.
                          kiyoshimoody.com

Comment

Originally posted by kyongilxp View Post
                            HUGEEEE...AHHH.... how long have you been training?

Sup Big Dogg

I have been training seriously since 1995, but into bodybuilding 1998 and got away from competiton and weight trainingsine last november where I weighed 165lbs and since then got back into it and now not going to stop til it kills me. I love it
                            kiyoshimoody.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Natural One View Post
                              Completly honest right now a typical day for myself right now would in the am:
                              meal 1 - 1 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup of lana's eggwhites
                              meal 2 - cytogainer shake with waxy maize and cell mass
                              meal 3 - some type of fast food
                              meal 4 - same
                              Meal 5 - After training Isollze protein with waxy maize and cell mass
                              Meal 6 - 12oz steak or bbq chicken with 2 cups white rice and veggies
                              Any a pack of red vines somwwhere throughout the day

Considering I have had many knee surgeries resulting from football 8 total. I have learned to train smart.

mon - Back
                              tues - chest
                              wed - off
                              thurs - legs
                              fri - shoulders
                              sat or sun - back or chest again

Arms are don every other week, sometime every three weeks

My hobbies - Damn if you have a ps3 or xbox 360 and ur on line u can catch me playing Madden!!! Also I still play Flag football in a league on saturdays.
                              You do no direct arm training?

Comment

Working...
                              X