Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What is the best body fat% for a noncompetitive male bodybuilder year round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best body fat% for a noncompetitive male bodybuilder year round?

This is about just being fit year round, looking good, no bulks and no cuts.
    14%
    9.64%
    13%
    3.21%
    12%
    21.29%
    11%
    6.02%
    10%
    36.95%
    9%
    9.64%
    8%
    5.62%
    7%
    7.63%

when I was 10-12 it seemed like it was perfect because I was really cut but then again there was hardly any fat on me, but 14% would be the highest I would ever go

Comment

8-10 would be about right i would say

Comment

I think a lot of this has to do with your natural build. 10% at 225 looks a lot different that 10% at 175 IMO. For me, during this off season, I would like to stay between 8-10% at around 180-185.
        Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall.

Comment

For me, I can continue to gain strength at 12%. When under 12% I feel more pain in my joints.

Comment

I agree that it depends largely on your build and genetics... some people are naturally very lean (ectos) while some are able to bulk easier than others while staying reasonably lean (mesos)... but I think it's safe to say that once anyone goes beyond 14-15 percent, they're going to start to accumulate the fat-get-fatter issues.
            Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

Voted 10%, but upwards of 12 is ok. After that you are no longer a bodybuilder.

~RR

Comment

For a person who is happy with the muscle mass they have and just want to maintain that size I say 8-9% is great. If you live in a 4 season state I would say 10-11% in the winter and back down to 8-9% for the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by RazorRipped View Post
                  Voted 10%, but upwards of 12 is ok. After that you are no longer a bodybuilder.

~RR
                  I agree with the first part, but not the last part, you calling Lee Priest not a bodybuilder?
                  Trueprotein.com 5% Discount code- KEM010

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                    I agree that it depends largely on your build and genetics... some people are naturally very lean (ectos) while some are able to bulk easier than others while staying reasonably lean (mesos)... but I think it's safe to say that once anyone goes beyond 14-15 percent, they're going to start to accumulate the fat-get-fatter issues.
                    I agree. I have a hard time staying very lean without being on a contest diet.
                    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

I am at 18%-20% at about 197. I'm not sure wehre to start for a diet.
                      Those who can't, say YOU can't

Comment

Originally posted by Wallbag View Post
                        I am at 18%-20% at about 197. I'm not sure wehre to start for a diet.
                        You need to start a cut right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Youngguns View Post
                          I agree with the first part, but not the last part, you calling Lee Priest not a bodybuilder?
                          Lee Priest is an anomaly.

What some pros do and get away with is in no way normal.. or applicable to the average joe.
                          Nark's Place: http://www.getnarked.net/
                          Nark's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NarkSide

Comment

I think about 10% or less is the best. It gives you a cushion for your joints but also allows you not to have to kill yourself dieting for a long time. Also, people sometimes forget that you are a bodybuilder all year round and should look the part, not just be a big fat slop in the offseason then cut down for shows.

Comment

Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post
                              You need to start a cut right away.
                              Im 6' .25 15 years old, meso build. i am actually not that fat at all, maybe be able to pinch half of your thumb on my stomach, but just wondering if avoiding the overall gumball/sour key/ random junk shit actually adds up to help?
                              Those who can't, say YOU can't

Comment

Working...
                              X