Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

the "vaccum" look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manavs: Looking good brother!

Does Steve run you through some of the crazy stuff he used to do back in the day?

Comment

Originally posted by evilive138 View Post
      Manavs: Looking good brother!

Does Steve run you through some of the crazy stuff he used to do back in the day?
      evilive138 - thanks bro! every day man - it never stops.

Comment

Just practice breathing

I tried pullovers a few times and abandoned them after they did nothing for me, not to say that they wouldn't work for everyone but I just never felt them working anything (were recommended to me as a chest exercise when I first started out). Also, I have heard the whole "expanding your ribcage" argument discounted several times in magazines so I would ask someone with college level physiology or anatomy about that if you want a straight answer. As for me, I just practice vacuums a few weeks prior to a contest on an empty stomach and that's it. Exhale all of the air in your lungs and then try to breathe back in without allowing any air in and hold it. It will feel weird for certain but with practice it should improve as you get more comfortable, hope this helps!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sjl_bantam View Post
          Exhale all of the air in your lungs and then try to breathe back in without allowing any air in and hold it.
          Well done on the vacuum, and I see what your saying, it actually shows in your pose. your just sucking in, without expanding your ribcage against your intercostals. i can see your intercostals, but they're not "popping".

if you were to point your elbows more to the ceiling, instead of at the audience, you would be able to increase your lung capacity, hence expanding the ribcage and pop the intercostals.

good luck!

Comment

From Shawn Ray

* Also you always had an amazing vacuum. does training abs or anything go against maintaining that abillity to suck in your stomach or is genetics
            No, training my Abs have nothing to do with performing the Vacuum Pose.
            Rather, practicing doing the Vacuum Pose is how I was able to get better at hitting that shot.
            Early in my career, I could not do that pose because I need to learn "HOW" to do it. Once I learned it, I could do it in my sleep.
            That my friend, was a long time ago, however, like Millions of people in the world, my New Years Resolution will find me back int he gym 3 days a week for general maintainance and Vacuuming the House!
            Peace,
            S. Ray

Comment

Working...
            X