Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Drug Free Teenage Bodybuilder Blake Selby’s Journey To The Teen Nationals 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo blake, did you use the meal plan at all at your school or did you make all ur stuff. I kno precontest you make it all but wat about offseason?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rah22491 View Post
      Yo blake, did you use the meal plan at all at your school or did you make all ur stuff. I kno precontest you make it all but wat about offseason?
      It really depends on the school. Michigan State is good about food, I can go around campus and usually find a lean meat source, vegetables, fruit, oatmeal, and milk at just about every major cafeteria. We even had cottage cheese at the one near my dorm. I just bought a condo, so I have not been using the school's plan. The only pitfall I came across with the school's plan was during the holidays. The cafe hours usually go away completely or are at least severely reduced, and our cafe's wouldnt let us bring food out. I think you could use your schools plan precontest, you just have to take a measuring cup with you (which I did).
      Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science (Michigan State University) BodySpace Profile

Comment

• Just checking out your thread! Congrats on making it through a contest prep. Not too many people can do that. I'm sorry the results were not equal to the effort put in. For what it is worth you looked pretty good!
        P/RR/S Grow without plateau!

Comment

• Originally posted by slackadjuster View Post
          Just checking out your thread! Congrats on making it through a contest prep. Not too many people can do that. I'm sorry the results were not equal to the effort put in. For what it is worth you looked pretty good!
          Thanks brother, I appreciate that.
          Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science (Michigan State University) BodySpace Profile

Comment

• Off season update

Since July 18th, I've gotten bigger and stronger than I've ever been.

I don't know how, but I'm almost 180lbs. Yes I've gained some fat back, but not much visibly at least.

I've started incorporating lower repetitions and I have been seeing good gains from it, of course, bouncing back from a show one would see good gains from many things.
            Attached Files

Comment

• how tall and how old are you ?

Comment

• Originally posted by MonsterPower584 View Post
                how tall and how old are you ?
                I am 5'8-5'9 and 19 years old.

Comment

• hey blake whats up its ray i dont know what happened but everytime i tried to get back on jwoj it said there was no site. you still got it goin.

whats your next show you wanna do. i think im gonna try to get my IFPA or INBF pro card and try to make some small cash on the side in the next few years cuz with a little more size i feel i can contend with the greats right now like john harris, shawn clarida and jim cordova. im still a ways away but a little more gaining and refining i think i can do it.
                  21 year old WNBF Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by raylove View Post
                    hey blake whats up its ray i dont know what happened but everytime i tried to get back on jwoj it said there was no site. you still got it goin.

whats your next show you wanna do. i think im gonna try to get my IFPA or INBF pro card and try to make some small cash on the side in the next few years cuz with a little more size i feel i can contend with the greats right now like john harris, shawn clarida and jim cordova. im still a ways away but a little more gaining and refining i think i can do it.
                    Hey Ray how are you? I'm going to take some time to build muscle, I wont compete again until I feel I can be competitive in one of the top natural leagues.

Ray, you kicked ass at teen nationals that year as a natural, I think you will be a top pro for sure. Cordova is an AWESOME physique.

As for JWJ, My buddy Dave Hufnagel is a web design student here at msu, and we've been working tirelessly on the project for about 2 months. I took down the original site to free up the domain but then the new and improved (much improved) site has taken longer than I expected to get running due to it's size. You should expect to see it up within 8 weeks.

-Blake

Comment

• YO BLAKE BACK IS LOOKIN WIDE MY FRIEND..YOU GOTTA GET SUM PPL TO CHECK OUT MY THREAD MAN SO FAR YOU BHMAN AND TRAP3000 ARE THE ONLY ONES TO POST LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Rah22491 View Post
                        YO BLAKE BACK IS LOOKIN WIDE MY FRIEND..YOU GOTTA GET SUM PPL TO CHECK OUT MY THREAD MAN SO FAR YOU BHMAN AND TRAP3000 ARE THE ONLY ONES TO POST LOL
                        I wish I had those kind of connections haha. Considering I was a letdown at Nationals, I probably dont have much of a following anymore if I ever did. Just keep postin' pix and updates, I'll follow ya!

So in like 6-8 weeksish I've gone from 148 to 190... some of it fat? yes of course, but much of the weight came on initially I believe from the water (which I had to cut against my will to make weight (or so I thought). Definitely increased muscle though, I still have visible abdominal definition in the mirror. I am content with my decision to take 4-5 years off and only come back when I feel like I could win a natural pro qualifier.

Strength is through the roof which is nice, this is probably the first time in my life doing a "strength", or "powerbuilding" type routine. 6-8 weeks ago I was squatting like 155x6 (weak as S***), deadlifting 225x6 (weak as S***), now I'm squatting 245x5, Deadlifting 335x6. I love seeing weights go up. I've been searching on youtube, and you can find some sweet training vids of legitimate natural's (not necessarily pro's) by searching WNBF or INBF. There are almost 20 pages full of vids, it's really cool to see others out there doin' it too.

These pix are 2 from right before the show and 1 from yesterday that I of course lit frank mgrath style haha.. makes me feel not as fat. no photoshopping though, guys who do that are just push'n it.

-B
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Hey man back is looking wide, what exercises you do for it?

Comment

• oh and im just curious as to what your offseason training split looks like?

Comment

• Originally posted by lukeb19 View Post
                              Hey man back is looking wide, what exercises you do for it?
                              Originally posted by lukeb19 View Post
                              oh and im just curious as to what your offseason training split looks like?
                              Oh thank you man,

I'd always like it to be wider, but I typically do rack pulls/deads, close-grip pulldowns, some type of row, and stiff-arm pushdowns

split is typically:

Day 1: Legs
                              Day 2: Chest
                              Day 3: Arms
                              Day 4: *rest
                              Day 5: Back
                              Day 6: Shoulders
                              Day 7: *rest

but I've gone as much as training every bp twice/8 days

Comment

Working...
                              X