Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the board..Tim what show will you debut at?

Comment

• Originally posted by inba2nd View Post
      new to the board..Tim what show will you debut at?
      I still hope to compete at the World Games as an amateur, then probably the Atlantic City Pro since I live in New Jersey. I'll be 41 next week, so taking time off to grow really isn't an option, but I think it would be fun to compete on the pro stage at least once. No illusions here about taking pro bodybuilding by storm, but I think it would be a statement to myself that I stood on a pro stage while never compromising my principles.
      https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

• Originally posted by scoobysnacks View Post
        Brendan Im with you. Im usually pretty quick but Im having a hard time visualizing as well. And at my last show I was pretty darn lean, but like I said you cant striated what isnt there. I need more glutes and tie ins so Id really like to figure this one out.

And so Im clear, I need to not put my glutes on the seat and then just do normal abductor movement?
        Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
        Brought a camera to the gym this morning so I could demonstrate the two glute exercises. Here you go:
        I'm with Scoobs on this one... I squat all the time but have zero ass and crappy tie ins, if you even want to call them that. I am eager to try these exercises on a hamstring day, but just may be a little weird doing those 'air humpers'... I live in Columbus, which is def the San Francisco of the Midwest lol.
        "Show me a thoroughly satisfied man, and I will show you a failure..."

Comment

• Originally posted by lighthvy View Post
          which is def the San Francisco of the Midwest lol.

haven't you been to Lakewood, lol
          MorphogenNutrition.com
          Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
            I still hope to compete at the World Games as an amateur, then probably the Atlantic City Pro since I live in New Jersey. I'll be 41 next week, so taking time off to grow really isn't an option, but I think it would be fun to compete on the pro stage at least once. No illusions here about taking pro bodybuilding by storm, but I think it would be a statement to myself that I stood on a pro stage while never compromising my principles.
            You make us Nattie's proud Tim! You will make a strong statement on the pro stage!

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
              haven't you been to Lakewood, lol
              Yes, twice, you ever been to downtown Columbus?

Anyways, I wasnt able to jimmy up the lying leg curl because it is too close to the ground and a dumbbell rack, however, I tried the abductor machine to work the ham/glute tie-ins... WOW! I actually had a pump in my ass, pretty crazy feeling, I was pretty much hitting the bulls-eye with what I have been trying to work! All I can ask is, how did you come up with that?
              "Show me a thoroughly satisfied man, and I will show you a failure..."

Comment

• Originally posted by lighthvy View Post
                Anyways, I wasnt able to jimmy up the lying leg curl because it is too close to the ground and a dumbbell rack, however, I tried the abductor machine to work the ham/glute tie-ins... WOW! I actually had a pump in my ass, pretty crazy feeling, I was pretty much hitting the bulls-eye with what I have been trying to work! All I can ask is, how did you come up with that?
                It's OK if the leg curl is close to the ground - that's what you want. You have to basically sit on the floor first and wedge your hips under the pad to get started.

FYI, I always do the adductor machine along with the abduction. I don't think people realize how much mass your adductor group comprises of the leg. Also, for all of these movements don't be afraid to pack on the weights, I hang a 45 on the abd/adductor machines and do sets of twenty.

Comment

• Tim, could side-stepping or "monster walking" with a thera band provide the same effect? obviously, a healthy BBer would need more resistance (aka, lots of red or black therabands!) but could it work the same especially if you don't have access to the machine?
                  http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

Comment

• Originally posted by PTmuscle View Post
                    Tim, could side-stepping or "monster walking" with a thera band provide the same effect? obviously, a healthy BBer would need more resistance (aka, lots of red or black therabands!) but could it work the same especially if you don't have access to the machine?
                    I don't think this would work because it would target the TFL and not the Glute Medius. I think the key to this exercise is to focus on the glute med. and avoid TFL recruitment so the hips aren't widened.

Comment

• Tim, what contest color do you use?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shulk View Post
                        Tim, what contest color do you use?
                        Jan Tana Competition Color and Dream Tan #2, depending on the lighting.

Comment

• Thank you for answering my previous question. I have always used ProTan and I have to apply at least six coats. Do you have to apply several coats of the Jan Tana?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shulk View Post
                            Thank you for answering my previous question. I have always used ProTan and I have to apply at least six coats. Do you have to apply several coats of the Jan Tana?
                            It took me 30 contests to realize how superior Jan Tana is to ProTan. Jan Tana comes with a "buff-pad" applicator that makes it impossible to put on badly, and it takes about 20% the time of ProTan. I did about three coats, but you get pretty dark after one or two.

Comment

• Tim,

Do you restrict water during the last 24 hrs before the show? This seems to be an issue of great debate.

Comment

• Tim have you ever had issues with the Jan Tana running or having drip marks while you sweat
                                MorphogenNutrition.com
                                Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

Working...
                                X