Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zzmacman
    replied
    Good luck. Guys like you give guys like me inspiration to continue to bust it in the gym and do it naturally.

Leave a comment:

• Kiyoshi Moody
    replied
    It your time buddy!!!! You have accomplished what many of us want too and dream of doing!!!! Have fun!!!! see you next week!!!!

Leave a comment:

• XS
    replied
    INSPIRING!

Hey Tim,

Thank-you for keeping up with this adventure on here.. It is truly inspiring to see a Natural bodybuilder put it all on the line & compete as a IFBB pro..

Congratulations on the journey!

Looking forward to seeing you battle it out on stage at the AC!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Harris
    replied
    You will belong up there with those other great athletes Tim, and you look fantastic - best of luck to you and have an awesome time LIVING THE DREAM of competing in an IFBB Pro show!

Leave a comment:

• Jose Raymond
    replied
    Hey Tim, you look great. No need to stress, as long as you know you did everythining you could to nail it on that day. You are a winner no matter what. Keep doing what you do best, that's kick ass and chew bubblegum and your all out of bubblegum. It will be great to see you back stage in AC. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• PistolPete
    replied
    Tim you look amazing, keep up all the hard work!! Can't wait to see pics of the show. You are truly an inspiration to all of us naturals.

Leave a comment:

• douggiefresh
    replied
    Tim looking good man, I have a few people coming this weekend with me so ill see you on saturday. Think you could email me your and chris's show times for prejudge and finals?

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Took this today after mowing the lawn. I'm not a very vascular guy so this was exciting for me to see. I have to say that I will be thankful when this week is over because I have been feeling very stressed out about competing on an IFBB stage. My goal all along was to bring the best version of myself I could no matter who else is on stage, but it is daunting to think about being on the same stage as Jose Raymond, Flex Lewis, Clarence De Vis... The tough thing about competing in untested shows as a natural is that "credit" isn't given for being drug-free, and really it shouldn't, but it still is an overwhelming feeling. I guess that's why I've posted a lot on this thread because I'm trying to live in the moment and experience the journey, as the final placings won't necessarily be indicative of the work that went in.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    looking great Tim. That pic of you pulling your arms back before the lat spread is crazy, you can see the lat insertion, sick. I also have a giant dog, He's a 9 month old Newfoundland and already well over 100lbs. wish I could grow like that. good luck and see you in AC
    Yeah, I heard your story on Pro Muscle Radio (I listen during cardio). Guinness is my second rott, he weighs 140 but is completely lazy. BTW, I thought I heard you were cutting your hair for the AC - I think you should blow dry a big afro instead!

Leave a comment:

• Jose Raymond
    replied
    looking great Tim. That pic of you pulling your arms back before the lat spread is crazy, you can see the lat insertion, sick. I also have a giant dog, He's a 9 month old Newfoundland and already well over 100lbs. wish I could grow like that. good luck and see you in AC

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    I went down to Apollon Gym this morning to do shoulders with Sean Allen. Took these pics before the workout, and am pleased with where I am at this point. My bodyweight this morning was 211.0 after my weekly carb meal last night, so I'm definitely a little watery. My lowest weight this week has been 208.5, so I feel that I'll be able to make 202 by Thursday evening with some sweating on the Stairmill and in the sauna. BTW the last pic is when I got home with my dog Guinness - I wish I had his genetics!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• KMH23
    replied
    the same picture is on the npc contest schedule in my gym. that shot is money for you.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Poster for guest posing October 3 in Baltimore:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Hey Tim, you look insane! Did you run keto from the start of your prep? Do you feel it was better then the last time when you went keto the closing weeks of the prep?
    Thanks. I basically did keto for my 20 weeks of prep, but re-introduced low carbs for a few weeks in the beginning because I wasn't happy with how my body composition was changing. I've said this before, but you can get lean on pretty much any diet if you work hard enough. I happen to like the ketogenic contest diet because it is so simple in that you really only have two variables to consider: protein and fat.

As for whether this long-term keto diet worked better than last year where I switched to no carbs the last 5-6 weeks, I think I'm at a pretty similar place right now. I attribute this to a few things, but mainly that at 41 years old I've pretty much maxed out my genetics naturally. I think at this point I start to get that "hard" look at under 210 pounds, and I'm aiming for around 205-208 so that I can make the weight class (202) without too much detriment.

One more thing to consider: There was a time years ago when competitors dieted on straight protein for long durations and came in absolutely shredded, so don't try to look for the "magic bullet" that will unlock your ability to get peeled, it comes down to calories eaten and calories burned.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Hyde
    replied
    Hey Tim, you look insane! Did you run keto from the start of your prep? Do you feel it was better then the last time when you went keto the closing weeks of the prep?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X