Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by dpd555 View Post
    You are nailing your conditioning for this show! Quads look sick

Tim, how much time do you spend posing 2 weeks prior to a show?
    Trust me, those pics have favorable lighting. Glute hardness has always been my barometer for getting in condition, and after taking a bunch of assessment pics this weekend I still need to be leaner. I'm not comfortable doing more than one hour of cardio daily, so I'm going to drop my fats a little these next two weeks.

As for posing, I never practice as much as I plan, but I'll try for 3-5 sessions per week until the show.

Leave a comment:

• KMH23
    replied
    thanks for the reply. Ive seen guys do it both ways and wondered if it could count against you. question answered. lookin good man, good luck in ac.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by KMH23 View Post
    tim, is the way you hit the side tricept there the same way you would during madatories? I question bc i favor that look myself but wonder if its frowned on. you also a judge too right?
    I hit the mandatories the conventional way, and as a judge believe everyone should do the same. I just like that variation during the free posing routine.

Leave a comment:

• dpd555
    replied
    You are nailing your conditioning for this show! Quads look sick

Tim, how much time do you spend posing 2 weeks prior to a show?

Leave a comment:

• KMH23
    replied
    tim, is the way you hit the side tricept there the same way you would during madatories? I question bc i favor that look myself but wonder if its frowned on. you also a judge too right?

Leave a comment:

• big deco
    replied
    you look great Tim nice shape and lines with condition to match

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    From leg-day today...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by douggiefresh View Post
    Looking good Tim, see you in September. We are getting the shirts made finally so I will get one to you as soon as they are in... xl right?
    XL would be great - thanks Doug!

Two weeks to go, I still have my work cut out for me in terms of conditioning, which is the only thing I have control to change at this point. My morning weight is 209.5, and last night after my sushi cheat meal I was 215.0. I put together my posing routine today, and received two new suits to wear from Cynthia James.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• douggiefresh
    replied
    Looking good Tim, see you in September. We are getting the shirts made finally so I will get one to you as soon as they are in... xl right?

Leave a comment:

• Jose Raymond
    replied
    hopefully the weigh-in in thurs night. that will give you plenty of time. I usually just keep a tab on my weight leading up and try to get as close as I can. I'm assuming you'll be between 205-208 meaning you'll only have to cut 3-6lbs. I would start with taraxatone, or hydrozide a few days before weigh-in and yes I would eat sparingly 24hrs before weigh-in and just wet my lips for fluid. like you see in those ufc shows man suit up with sweats and a wool cap and get on cardio thurs morning. go back to your room and go to sleep for a few hrs, you will burn even more in your sleep. get up and do more cardio. Keep checking your weight so you can stop and just sleep til weigh-in, because that's all you'll want to do. bring your food to weigh-ins with you. The second you get off the scale start eating some ricecakes and sipping water, slowly introduce the
    food back in or you could get sick. I would eat like 2-3 cakes on the hr or a sweet potato on the hr every hr for about 3-4 meals and then resume as usual.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    looking great Tim, as usual. keep up the good work. It will be great to see you on stage again.
    A compliment coming from you means a lot! I saw you at the NY Pro and knew you were off (for you), but now am amazed at the changes you've made this summer. Standing on the same pro stage with you will be an honor and my goal all along has just been to look like I belong, realizing that I won't be packing nearly the thickness that you and some of the other top IFBB guys possess.

Do you have any tips on making weight? I know late in your amateur career you were forced to drop weight to make your weight class and think I read one time that you just wouldn't eat to accomplish this. I'm trying to iron out a strategy to make 202 by Thursday evening and then fill out but be pretty dry by Friday evening. Any advice would be really appreciated!

On a side note, I'm loving my new "home" gym - it feels like my own private training center! Today I discovered their aerobics room tucked away upstairs, and get this... they don't even care if I practice posing there!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jose Raymond
    replied
    looking great Tim, as usual. keep up the good work. It will be great to see you on stage again.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Thanks Dom & KMH23. Went to Lion's Den Gym this morning for shoulders and posing with Chris. Thank you to Stokely Palmer for giving me a freebee into the gym , definitely a bodybuilder's gym - no nonsense, good music and atmosphere, and a ton of quality equipment including dumbbells up to 210# and Nebulus machines.

While we were there IFBB pro Craig Richardson came in to train. He is one thick dude who is also preparing for the AC Pro.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• KMH23
    replied
    damn dude, lookin thick!

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Had a big-carb cheat meal tonight of sushi...... YUM! Took these pics before I went to bed weighing 216.5 lbs.. Hope to take some gym shots tomorrow with C-Mac at Lion's Den Gym, and my goal is still to make the 202's in three weeks.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X