Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dpd555
    replied
    Looking great Tim. You are considerably leaner from a few weeks ago...and your muscle maturity is just insane.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Well, I was able to get my membership refunded, and just got back from a leg workout at my "new" gym. I think all in all this might be a good thing because this gym has a bunch of machines I've never tried before. They have a free-motion Smith machine, so I did reverse lunges with 225 and could feel it carving in my glute-hamstring tie-in. I finished with a version of the "butt-blaster" I've never done, and although I only used 50 lbs. I focussed on pushing through the heel and could really feel it. Most of these "girly" machines use too much quad, but this one kept the knee angle constant and isolated the glute well.

Here are pics from when I got home - no pump going on in these! My weight last night was 216.0 and was 213.0 this morning. I might train and pose with BSA again tomorrow, so I'll be sure to bring the camera.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• douggiefresh
    replied
    Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I thought I'd share what happened last night:
    I met Chris MacKenzie at World Gym of Rockaway, NJ, where I do most of my training. We planned to practice posing in the aerobics room. I've been a member there since it opened, which is over ten years ago, and have done this for every competition. As a bodybuilder I have always made a special point of leading by example in the gym. To me this means re-racking my weights, treating equipment with respect, not slamming the weights, and keeping my head down and focussing on training. We were about two minutes into posing when a gym employee came in and told us that the owner doesn't want us posing anymore because it "intimidates the women". This is also after being reprimanded in the past few months for doing walking lunges and deadlifting. I realize Planet Fitness owns the World Gym franchise, but I was still disappointed that a gym that I've been a member of for so long has taken this position.
    Well, I terminated my contract, along with my wife's, and Chris did along with his wife's. Now I have to fight to get my prorated balance refunded. I can't say I'm too upset with the situation, mainly because I feel that I am the only one who brings any intensity to that gym - not by grunting and stomping around "taking out the trash", but by quietly staying within myself and day after day lifting the heaviest weights possible.
    Thankfully I belong to two other gyms, one closer to my home and one virtually across the street paid by my employer. I also have the good fortune to be allowed to work out free of charge at three great New Jersey hardcore gyms: Apollon, Strong & Shapely, and Diamond. They are also building a new Gold's gym about 2 minutes from my house due to open in October, but we all know how some Gold's are turning out.
    Such a fuckin BS event that went on last night. Really bullshit. Sucks to see you go but like you said to me the one day you almost knew it was coming. That gym does nothing to support bodybuilding im suprised they even let us hang those posters that day. Keep posting pics and ill follow your log, sucks to see you two leave I really enjoyed training with you and Chris. Good luck Tim, see you in September.

Leave a comment:

• bhman6
    replied
    "intimidates the women"

you'd think they'd love seeing two muscular guys in their undies, lol

just tell them that fat women with fupas scare the shit out of you and should be banned as well

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I thought I'd share what happened last night:
    I met Chris MacKenzie at World Gym of Rockaway, NJ, where I do most of my training. We planned to practice posing in the aerobics room. I've been a member there since it opened, which is over ten years ago, and have done this for every competition. As a bodybuilder I have always made a special point of leading by example in the gym. To me this means re-racking my weights, treating equipment with respect, not slamming the weights, and keeping my head down and focussing on training. We were about two minutes into posing when a gym employee came in and told us that the owner doesn't want us posing anymore because it "intimidates the women". This is also after being reprimanded in the past few months for doing walking lunges and deadlifting. I realize Planet Fitness owns the World Gym franchise, but I was still disappointed that a gym that I've been a member of for so long has taken this position.
    Well, I terminated my contract, along with my wife's, and Chris did along with his wife's. Now I have to fight to get my prorated balance refunded. I can't say I'm too upset with the situation, mainly because I feel that I am the only one who brings any intensity to that gym - not by grunting and stomping around "taking out the trash", but by quietly staying within myself and day after day lifting the heaviest weights possible.
    Thankfully I belong to two other gyms, one closer to my home and one virtually across the street paid by my employer. I also have the good fortune to be allowed to work out free of charge at three great New Jersey hardcore gyms: Apollon, Strong & Shapely, and Diamond. They are also building a new Gold's gym about 2 minutes from my house due to open in October, but we all know how some Gold's are turning out.

Leave a comment:

• dpd555
    replied
    Those pics with Sean Allan are impressive. I met him at the 2008 USAs and standing next to him is very humbling.

Great to see you are still pulling heavy very deads in the middle of your contest prep....when most people transition into lighter training.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by slyfox0507 View Post
    Tim, I have been following the Keto Diet that you have posted. Currently I am 7 Weeks out I have cut the Off Season Carbs in half for the past 5 weeks (about 150g) and have been doing 1 hour of cardio 5-6 days (stairmaster and incline treadmill). I started at 220lbs, and I am now down to 215 lbs. How far out do you think I should switch to no carbs in the keto diet? Do I need more cardio?
    Keto diet means ZERO CARBS! I go no carbs for the entire pre-contest diet, for me that's about 18-20 weeks. The "off-season keto diet" basically just includes measured amounts of fat and carbs to enable you to get quality macros in at timed intervals. I'm not sure how lean you are right now, but I know for me that I can never be too lean, so I'd take an honest assessment in the mirror and evaluate if seven weeks will give you sufficient time to get in the condition needed.

Leave a comment:

• Quelly
    replied
    I think if you made the 202's you'd be in AMAZING condition and look much bigger than the other guys even if they are enhanced and shorter....go for it!

Leave a comment:

• slyfox0507
    replied
    Tim, I have been following the Keto Diet that you have posted. Currently I am 7 Weeks out I have cut the Off Season Carbs in half for the past 5 weeks (about 150g) and have been doing 1 hour of cardio 5-6 days (stairmaster and incline treadmill). I started at 220lbs, and I am now down to 215 lbs. How far out do you think I should switch to no carbs in the keto diet? Do I need more cardio?

Leave a comment:

• douggiefresh
    replied
    Looking good Tim, great to see a comparison with you and a guy of Seans size. He really has a massive solid build, and you look great standing next to him. I think you will do great in the 202 class, seems like that would be the fairest and safest bet for you being that you are a natural. Best of luck. Nice smile with all that weight show off lol.

Leave a comment:

• Giant Killer
    replied
    good job!

Good job fellaz!

Looking like u guys are on the right track! Let me know when you guys are headed back down to apollon. I will try my best to shoot up there.

Def. a good gym. One of the last true hardcore gyms left in Jersey. Rob and Irina are both great!

Tim, I think the 202 class would be a good fit for you as well! Give it a shot...cant hurt.
    GK

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by BIG SEAN View Post
    Tim is a beast in the gym to guys..He deadlifted 495 easy...I didnt know he was inviting me down for off-season training..lol...
    That would be 585 easy but who's counting .

Sean is a guy who may have put on muscle relatively easily so posing was never a priority, while I'm probably the opposite. He planted a seed in my head today about trying to get down to the 202 class and aim to be competitive, so I'm going to up the suffering quotient for the next few weeks and see how low I can go and set myself up to be in striking range. I always thought being 5'9" that I was too tall for that class, but it would be interesting to see where I fit in there if I come in peeled.

JRod - Thanks for the comment. I'm definitely behind you in terms of conditioning this far out, but hopefully things are happening week to week now so the final result will be good.

Leave a comment:

• IFBB PRO SEAN ALLAN
    replied
    Tim it was a pleasure training with you today my man...We had a great back workout...Wanna THANK IRINA as well for letting me train in a great gym comfortably...The gym is by far the best in NJ...My boy Tim is helping me fix some changes in my presentation an his support his greatly Appreciated...We will be hooking up 2 times a week to train an push each other to the top...Tim might not be the BIGGEST guy on stage but he knows how to POSE an to present himself on stage with the BIGGEST BODYBUILDERS..I'm looking forward to pushing him for his 1st PRO show in AC...Thnx again Tim an IRINA @ Apollon Gym for there Support...
    Tim is a beast in the gym to guys..He deadlifted 495 easy...I didnt know he was inviting me down for off-season training..lol...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jrod
    replied
    DAMN, Tim, holding your own. Seriously, I'm impressed. Had someone told me, before seeing the above pictures, that there were pictures of you and Sean Allan posing together, I would have imagined you being dwarfed; but you actually look great next to him. Not a knock on him at all, he's a big guy and will do well at the NA if he comes in with good conditioning, but this is more of a compliment to you. I even remember seeing a picture of BSA looking huge next to ronnie coleman, so nice job.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    double post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X