Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the perspective Bestia.
    https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

• Hey Tim, its been a bit since Ive stopped in. I just read your post about NPC Natural shows with obviously assisted guest posers. I agree. Any Natural NPC show Ive been to, as soon as the guest poser comes out and its an assisted competitor I always wonder, WHY? The promoter obviously CHOSE to promote a natural show why have a non natural guest poser seemed very contradictory to me. I always wonder while Im sitting there, am I the only one noticing this contradiction. I guess they assume it will bring in more ticket sales, but honestly Ive NEVER EVER went to a show based on the guest poser, I really doubt many do.

Regarding the cancellations of the Worlds, Im really sorry to hear that crap. Wish it were a different outcome for you. But, I suspect anyone who spent 20 years trying to win a show will hardly let this effect their competition and physique goals.

Good Luck

Ss

Comment

• Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
        Bill Moschelle just emailed me that the NPC will not be sending a team to the World Games in Taiwan in July. I don't want to bitch too much, but this really puts a cap in the disappointments after winning the Team Universe, a show I worked for twenty years to win.

- All of the class winners were led to believe that we'd be going to Bahrain to compete in the IFBB World Championships, but then were told it was deemed "unsafe".

- We were then told that we most likely would be allowed to compete in Taiwan in the World Games, but once again when the time came our participation was cancelled.

- Despite contacting numerous companies regarding representation or sponsorship no interest was generated.

- Although virtually every natural NPC contest promoter was contacted regarding guest posing, no spots were secured, mainly because "big" name IFBB pros were already reserved, something I don't really understand, having drug using bodybuilders guest pose at natural shows. In fact, at a local natural NPC show here in New Jersey, the promoter verbally agreed to a guest posing fee, but later cancelled saying it was too expensive. Trust me it was not a lot of money! Instead he went with another "steroid assisted" bodybuilder who agreed to a lower rate, this at a show where every year the current TU winner has guest posed.

- While there was very limited contest coverage in FLEX magazine, I'm unaware of any other coverage. In fact, even NPC News managed to avoid any coverage as far as I know (I haven't received an issue in a very long time).

While I don't think I expected too much for finally winning this show, I did expect some of these things to pan out, and am disappointed that none of them did.
        Yeah, its really too bad we aren't going to the World Games. It would have been a good experience and I was looking forward to getting to hang out with you and the rest of the guys on the team.

Sorry to hear everything else turned out that way.
        Jeff Rodriguez
        www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• Trained at the famous Diamond Gym this morning. Talk about a no-frills, hard core, blasting music old-school gym that is always good for motivation. No make-up wearing girls, no guys who bounce from machine to machine between never ending dialogue, and no stares from the peanut gallery. I wish it were closer to my house!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Diamond Gym IS hardcore
            VP of Marketing for Nutrabio
            instagram @naturalguy2.0

Comment

• Good workout, haha. When we going back?

Comment

• For anyone who's read my thread you know I've mentioned "MonaVie" a few times. About a week ago I started drinking this again because my elbow tendonitis was getting a lot worse, and this product helped me a year ago. I don't really know exactly how it works, but I have NO elbow pain after only a week! When I placed my order I noticed they are having a free enrollment (usually $40) that lets you purchase the bottles for $27 instead of the retail $45. For anyone who wants to try this product - no strings attached - my "sponsor" number is 859782.

BTW, I think Kai is gonna win easy tonight!

Comment

• Tim, do you train the same split precontest as offseason...or do you increase your frequency to burn more calories?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shulk View Post
                    Tim, do you train the same split precontest as offseason...or do you increase your frequency to burn more calories?
                    I do the same four day slit, but instead of lifting four days per week I do five.

Chest/Tris
                    Back
                    Shoulders/Bis
                    Legs

Comment

• Tim,first off let me say your a grear amassador for natural bbing along with the other pros on here.

Question: what sort of offseason supplements do you use and are thier specifics supps you drop precontest, do you lower or completley cut out creatine? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Leni 101% Natural View Post
                        Tim,first off let me say your a grear amassador for natural bbing along with the other pros on here.

Question: what sort of offseason supplements do you use and are thier specifics supps you drop precontest, do you lower or completley cut out creatine? Thanks
                        Thanks Leni, and let me compliment you because I notice you always keep your posts positive - something this board needs more of.

The only change I make pre-contest is dropping waxy maize from my post workout shake. I keep creatine in all the way through the contest, and don't even really cycle off of it during the year as some do. As for my supplements, I think I've listed them somewhere before, but basically the list is:

whey protein isolate
                        BCAA (powder)
                        glutamine
                        creatine
                        multi-vitamin
                        B, C, E (I'm going to add D)
                        Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc

This summer I may add an NO2 supplement if I decide to work with a supplement company as it will be free, but that's about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
                          In fact, even NPC News managed to avoid any coverage as far as I know (I haven't received an issue in a very long time).
                          I feel your frustration for not having the opportunity to go to Bahrain for the IFBB World Championships.

Good news is you made the cover of NPC News this month! I have an extra copy if you didn't recieve the issue.

Comment

• Thanks, they actually sent me a few copies. Wasn't thrilled with the cover photo, but I am appreciative of joining some good company on the cover of NPC News.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• How much cardio do you typically do about four weeks out up until the show?

Comment

Working...
                              X